Take the Pirates of the Caribbean Trivia Quiz

Well now, that was right fun B)

And I only had one mis step.... but then I've been up since 3am. I be after having a right weary brain tonight.

I'll do better next time.

Well done lass, well done. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ye wenches did right well!! I be highly impresses with ye!! The one wrongz are the best scores so far of anyone I've asked.. well forced.. to take it.

I forced me husband to take it at gunpoint and I damn near thought I'd have to shoot him over the parrot question!!

:huh:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Well, pat me on the back - I got them all right! And me husband said seein' the movie three times was too many....

I'll admit, though, the ring question was a guess, but apparently a good one. :huh:

Mad Kestrel

Privateer #9, IFoRP

Captain of the Thanos (Fairhaven, CRF)

But why is the rum gone? - Capt Jack Sparrow

Kinda OT, but if you want some really big images from POTC, try this link in Germany...

http://www.outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/Pirate...OfTheCaribbean/

If you want to download a really big image, look for something like this on each page:

Bild in voller Grösse (1411 x 1400 Pixels) anzeigen...

And at this link, this poor girl must have spent weeks doing screen caps of every frame almost:

http://kimera.shadow-dancing.net/potc01.htm

And for just a whole lotta Depp photos, try this one from the UK:

http://www.deppzone.com

Anyway, it might help satisfy those late night Depp/Sparrow urges.

I missed the one about the navy admiral's hat. I said it was a bone hairpin. I couldn't remember, but I've only seen the movie once. It's already at the local drive-in, and I might have to see it again. Only problem is...it's in the same double-feature as Spy Kids 3-D.

:(

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

It would appear that the question on Barbossa's ring gave people the most trouble! The reason why I knew it was that I had admired the ring when it came up for auction on Ebay.

Then, when I saw POTC for the third time, I noticed that there is a very clear and fairly long shot of the ring when Barbossa is holding Aztec coin medalian-

But of course, being pirates, your attention was completely distracted by the presence of gold and it is unlikely that you'd notice the ring!! So don't feel badly if you missed that one! Jamaica Rose pointed out that I had misspelled AnaMaria and left the La out of Isla de la Muerta!

Now, for your piratical homework assignment, you all have to go back and see the movie AGAIN and watch for the questions that you missed! A

...And if anyone objects, just tell 'em it is a mandatory homework assignment!! :)

I had a suggestion that I should remove the Johnny Depp interview questions, as they were not a part of the movie and were not necessarily something a people would have read. Do most of you agree I should replace the questions based on the interview with movie trivia? I'm very happy to do so if people who have taken it feel it would make a better quiz that way. Feedback would be much appreciated!

Only got two wrong...Babarossa's ring and how many years had elapsed since Will was found....pretty good...the only thing I should hang me head about is only seeing the movie twice. Ahwell. I will get out to see it again and Will be first inline to get the DVD....

No don't remove the interview questions...If people were true fans they would have watched him on Letteman to see clips from the movie. That was were he revealed who he based the character on. Keith Richards...is that perfect of what..gotta love Jonny Depp.

It was actually learning that Keith Richards was the inspiration for the style of Jack Sparrow, that made me think...

"Gee! What a great bit of trivia! Hey! I should make a trivia quiz out of this!"

But on the other hand, I do sympathsize with the comment that not everyone who has seen the movie would have been exposed to the interview and that same line of thinking would also apply to the question about when the ride opened.

I titled it Pirates of the Caribbean Trivia Quiz and didn't specify movie trivia only.... I would greatly appreciate other comments so that I can make this a fun and enjoyable quiz to take. If we can get a good conscensus of what people feel is best, I'll be glad to adjust it to what the overall majority feels makes it the best it can be.

Speaking of trivia...over on the IMDB site (http://www.imdb.com/Trivia?0325980), they claim that :

"The final cannon shot during the Black Pearl's siege of the town, billows into a Mickey Mouse head shape against the night sky"

Did anyone else notice this?

Damn. Now I have to go see it one more time. *g*

Mad Kestrel

Privateer #9, IFoRP

Captain of the Thanos (Fairhaven, CRF)

But why is the rum gone? - Capt Jack Sparrow

• 3 weeks later...