spring invasion in Chicago

Merrydeath

ahhh... good. Aye. Welcome home the others & an extra greeting from m'self.

I'm presuming those from Iowa will be returning soon as well? Heard that someone from Iowa was killed in that bombing that killed over 100 in Iraq that other day. B)

Anyways... again, welcome the lot home for th' rest of us. :)

Oooh, Pete... B)

Nay... they usually call that "bio-polar".. something that MerryD is NOT.

Still wanting for that night that she & I can go have a drink or a few of them. B) :)

As to her Bday... well.. let's celebrate it like Mardi Gras.. a constant building up of fun.. until the grand day that we designate as the end of the celebration. B)

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries!  I'm going back to Cali for a few weeks to greet the boys when they come home, and to go to "deprogramming"... I'll be back quick-like!

Good. Ye had me worried, too, mate. Don't wanna take a chance on losin' ye again.

I've been following the thread, and I'm countin' on meeting my Midwest mates sometime this year, but I doubt we (meaning the SeaRover and I) can take any trips until summer. Money is tight, school is in session and sitters are scarce this time of year. So even ye all get together in April, hopefully there can be a summer meetup, too?

And let's start Merry's party now - time's a wastin'! :rolleyes:

Aye! I be with ya there, Bess! Celebrations starts now until whenever we feel like it should end... maybe it will end in April! :lol:

::::Rolls in 3 kegs of rum, 2 whiskey barrels & 1 wine barrel::::

DRINKS ALL AROUND! B)

As to a summer invasion... well, June 18th is that Pirate exhibit opening in Oshkosh WI. I'm planning to be there.... despite a Rev War re-enactment that weekend.

Mr. Breza would like to have some pirates come to kick it off & help promote it. He's a couple ideas... & I've gotten ahold of a couple ideas, plus one that Barbossa has suggested.. which I am hoping that it can be done, would be great to do it.

So... tally on who goes to the Pirate exhibit Invasion Mr Breza would like.

Who knows... we may also have another summer Invasion 'round about the time of Bristol... IF there be a good amount goin'. I know that a lass from Ohio was thinkin' 'bout goin' this year t' Bristol.

Who knows... they MAY have another tall ships type fest again. Since we missed out on that one last year & the previous year. The Bounty was fabulous to visit. Damn it all t' hell that I didn't wear my pirate outfit. Alas, Toby was able to in his Jack Sparrow outfit.. when the Bounty was all adorned as the ghost ship! Blast him... :lol:

:lol:

Again, to beat a dead horse here.... I am in Chicago, and am up for anything that fits in my schedule.

I am a Civil War reenactor, and must adhere to my commitments -- but they are few and far between. The only other weekend conflict is when I get my kids (and piratical partyin' and drinkin' is NOT a kid weekend activity).

April is coming up soon... and the final two weekends are OUT for me (will be in Jolly Old England -- hope to get some shots of the Tower of London or other pirate landmarks). Regarding other months and summer -- I am game barring other conflicts,. and I look forward to seeing any/all o' ye here!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Civ War, huh, Pete? Interesting.

Though I understand about that. Ditto with me in a manner of speaking. But... I don't know when we'd all be able to do the exhibit for one.

Let alone an Invasion.

& Yes, April is fast approaching. Which... I'm STILL awaiting.. & trying to be patient. As it's best to get EVERYONE's input on when to hold it. But alas... I know people are busy... I'm the same & always battling one of these bloody damn comps (wants to demolish it).

We DO need to set up a date to hold it. If people come, they come, if they don't... oh, well. Sucks for them... they miss out.

Pete.. you may know a few people I know in the NWTA. I know that some Rev War re-enactors are also Civ war re-enactors.

NWTA?

Northwest Transcendental Archers?

New World Taxidermy Artistes?

Norman Thompson's Trial Attorney?

I probably know what this is, but it escapes me.

One Rev War guy I know is also a Civil War guy.... as well as a Klingon! Alot of CW folks also do Rev War.... many of the others do WWII -- the latter group is easier to detect somehow, but as a group we do not always talk about these other eras, for we are all trying to "get into" the spirit of the 1860s.

But we are talking about THOUSANDS of people... I get asked all the time if I happen to know some other CW reenactor -- and often it's about someone who does the hobby across the country from me (that's not unlike asking: "Oh, you're from Iowa, right? Do you know Bob?")

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...

Northwest Territory Alliance www.nwta.com (Sorry there is no link, comp is all screwy).

I just try to stick with Pirates & Patriots at the moment. That's more than enough for me to handle. :lol:

So.. have we all decided on a date for the Invasion?

I'll be in Bourbonnais, IL for a Rev War re-enactment April 30 - May 1

• 1 month later...

Boy, this topic was buried.

No decision on date. The Oshkosh thing is in June, of course. With Merrydeath AWOL, there has been no movement, and I'd hate to omit her from any plans.

I'll send her a message and ping her thoughts... but I have no idea on her currrent mindset toward this...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

:: Shrugs:: I won't exactly treat the June Exhibit as a major Invasion, but it can be I guess.

The Spring Invasion... :: Shrugs:: Aye.. it's difficult to coordinate.

I know this year & into next year will be rather busy. LOTS of traveling. How I will do it, I haven't a clue! Focusing more on the Rev War events this year. But... Piracy is still not out for me.. that is still a part of 18th c & I adore this era. So... eventually... I'm sure we can coordinate a time that will work.

I'm still trying to figure out which events in the NWTA I will be attending. Wish I would attend them all.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

So, anyone care to report how the April Chicago invasion went?

Or was it in May?

Anyway, with two target months in the can, now we are looking at Oshkosh in June... if THAT happens. Again (from another thread) I have a gajillion conflicts that weekend and I am trying to mesh obligations.

Personally, I'd love to hit a Rev War reenactment. Never been. I am intensely interested in that era, and that interest got side-tracked into piracy. (Ahhrrr!) Need to get to an event to pick up a few more neeeded items from vendors; on-line shopping is too slow.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

:wub:

Oshkosh IS on.

PETE! I'll buy ya a drink if ya come!

I'll be at Rockford, IL the last weekend of June (24th & 25th). More than likely we will be portraying Tarleton's British Legion (my area of knowledge)... since the majority of the Brits will be out east for the Redcoat Occupation of Williamsburg (Which is a HELL of a sight to see!)

You are MORE THEN WELCOME to join us!

Course... not all that keene to be a dragoon.. you can be in the Marines or the Navy or Infantry ... artillery... on either side. :)

If I don't see ya at Oshkosh, I hope to see ya at Rockford.

BTW.. I WILL bring pictures of Vincennes with me. Which was a fabulous event & yes.. I have some good stories about that one. B)

Course... not all that keene to be a dragoon.. you can be in the Marines or the Navy or Infantry

Ooh Rah!! Marines... I've finally got my Continental Marine uniform together... where be this gatherin', and when, Lady B?? Mayhaps I can come out...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

MORGAN!

The Marines would LOVE to have ya. :)

The event is at Rockford, IL...

I can let Rob ( think that's his name)... know that you would like to join the lot! Fabulous lot of gents they are. B)

NWTA schedule

I hope to arrive there Fri night sometime about the same time the majority of everyone arrives. I will be there both days... camping. Always a thrill.

Of your gear, what ya got? I'm curious!

If you have EVERYTHING... I AM JEALOUS! I still have yet to get my whole Dragoon uniform finished! :wub:

Rockford.... I'll see if I can make it. Don't look for me in uniform (and I don't mean I will be naked!); if I'm able to make it, I'll be a spectator... but I'll be hitting the vendors, but my pocketbook is utterly empty, what with 16-year-old birthday spectacle and all.

We ought to be careful not to go too far off topic, or this thread might get moved...

Ah.. Ahen, ahem. Er, Revolutionary War reeenactment, eh? oh, yes! PIRATE this and PIRATE that! Indeed! Harumph, Pirates pirate pirate.

There. all better.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

;);)

Well.. hey! John Paul Jones was the Patriotic Pirate.. so.. bloody darn close enough! :)

Well if ya ever change your mind & want to guest.. just let me know.. I have info.. & Dale C. says that units would be more then happy to have ya. ;)

;)

Look forward to seein' ya!

Nothing's worse to deal with than a Lady who is a pirate & a Dragoon!

If ever you need attire or anything... the units can accomidate. With guests, each unit tries to have extra stuff just for occassions like this.

Art I know would LOVE to have you join the Dragoons.. even if only for an hour.

;););)

Bloody hell I love it! Be a dreaded pirate on one weekend, then the following weekend a dreaded Dragoon!

Like we enjoy saying: "The Few, The Proud, The DRAGOONS!"

:blink:

Like we enjoy saying: "The Few, The Proud, The DRAGOONS!"

Don't make me demonstrate the legendary marksmanship of the Continental / US Marines and shoot ya outta the saddle, Lady B!! ;);)

I spoke to a gent with the Marines, and I just might make it out to Rockford...! :blink:

Of your gear, what ya got? I'm curious!

I have most of the uniform, including the regimental coat, breeches, small clothes, cover (hat), and trusty Long Land Brown Bess... my uniform is that of the sea-going-sniping-from-the-fighting-tops Marine, a little different than that of the guys that'll be in Rockford, but close enough...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

:huh::lol::lol:

They tried that at Shelbyville a couple years back... They couldn't get Jan & I off our. .. ::Clears throat:: horse.

It was PVC piping to mark the swimming area of the Lake... was VERY funny watching several guys to their damnedest to get us... unhorsed!

I'm sure Randy & the others will enjoy having you there.

I'm curious to see what your uniform looks like.

We may be on opposite sides of the field at Rockford... depends on it we go as Tarleton's Legion that weekend. More than likely we will.

at least you have your uniform already. I haven't my uniform totally. Which... hopefully this years tax return will NOT go towards the Jeep but for my uniform.

Sat nights are ALWAYS fun!

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't think I would show, did ye? Nice seeing you, (LadyB and MerryD) again. See what you get for comin' so close to my territory?

...not to mention meeting other locals...

Hope ye had fun today (Sunday) ... I am spending the day sewing a dress for my daughter, and pick up other birthday stuff for her. I hope ye Dragoons steered clear of Raccoons, Baboons, Dragons, Cucoons, and other bad spelling and pronunciation!

Since I was wearing my entire Pirate attire that exists to date (only leaving behind the cutlass and sea bag!) I hereby dub this Revolutionary War event an Official Chicago Pirate Invasion! Ahhrrr!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Let's just say I was VERY happy to see ya! A breath of fresh, cool air to the extreme heat! :) Was great to see ya!

:lol: Aye! Just wish that it was under better temps & a little bit more of the tavern with drinking, gambling, & more comradery. Oh, well. Despite the storm on Sat night, it was quite enjoyable. Had SO much fun! The battles on sunday were spectacular! MerryD has some pictures which she'll have ready soon enough. I haven't taken the chance at all during the weekend to take pictures.... too damn busy being a soldier & not passing out from the heat! Christ almighty it was hot! :lol:

Sunday was indeed a spectacular one! Had a skermish in the town! THAT was just WAY AWESOME! I'm hoping someone got a good few images of that one. Especially marching into the town to push back the Continentals... OH! Yes! We were Tarleton's on Sunday for both the Skermish & Battle instead of Lee's! What a treat that was for me! Everybody said I got my wish. :: a gigantic, huge, massive grin upon my face:::

The horse was just fabulous to have there.. that helped to turn heads into our direction, & he MAY join the Legion (YAY!). We got to him first before anyone else. We are SO good. :lol:

Hey, with us dragoons... EVERYTHING needs to steer clear of US! :)

:lol: Official Pirate Invasion, eh? I suppose it would be! AYE! Of Pirates & Patriots! What better combination! :lol:

Baggy butts or not... you gents look spectacular in 18th c attire! SERIOUS eye candy!! :lol: :)

Hope the Bday went well. Hope she adored her items & trinkets. :lol:

:lol:

Caitlin's birthday is the 4th of July (we have an arrangement that fireworks are blown off, from coast to coast, in honor of her special day!). So we will be celebrating it in a few days... I still have more stuff to make.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg