Is it just me,

Right you are, Cap'n Grey!

There's room on the sea for all ideas and all fantasies.

Mine is being able to live in the period, fleas, stink, cold, hard work and all. I've done it for short periods, I'd like to try it extended- a few months and see how I survive. I like the idea of a world where my law and my honour are rooted in my right arm and my sword, where arbitrary laws exist only in sight of the armsmen and the back country or the open sea is free of such garbage. Where my survival is based on what I win, make, or earn for myself and not be restricted by employee manuals, zoning codes, political correctness, or other such modern trash.

I do what I can to make my forays into the past as real as possible and I've been fortunate to find some historic sites than have let me do so, as much as possible within the law.

As far as the rape/forced sex fantasies. May I remind you all that there are quite a large number of people in the BDSM community that do agree with and participate in such things on many levels. They are not for everyone, and should never be forced on someone, but there are people of both sexes who enjoy them. It's not for us to criticize. As I said, it's a large sea.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Actually I am wondering "Why a Man or husband is NEEDED to pay for these things" you know a ship to sail and then buy a steak. I should think after Billy Jean beat Bobby Riggs and Anita Bryant rallied her "opinion" I want a woman to start paying my way., why wont a woman come into my life ., have us a ship built., sail me acroos the 7 seas., then buy me a steak.

Anyway I gotta go break my back some more so I can be the one to have to try to pay for this stuff.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

... I was going to post a longer response arguing why a rapist attacking a victim "for her own good" is never the good basis for a fantasy for ANYbody ... but never mind. Let me just say that I prefer Dumas to Steele any day ... and that I'd much prefer to be Grace O'Malley than Captain Kidd's wife. But that's just me. :ph34r:

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

• 1 month later...