Make a Wish Found. Pirate Adventure Oct 24th!!

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

Just off the landline from the folks at Pier 39, and.....They are going to have a fellow in the harbor boat hand off handheld radios when we approach, and stand by to help turn us around in short fashion, facilitatin' the abduction of Blake and his family from that nefarious haven 'o sea lions.......Nice touch, saves us time, altho I'll still be countin' on some fellow buccaneers to receive lines as usual.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on Pier 39.........Jeff, the pilot of the harbor boat called me today, we've swapped cell phone numbers, and we'll bypass the extra hassle of the handheld radios........Arriving we'll still have a bit of a flood, so it should be fairly simple. Returning, we'll have an ebb, and that corner is a mite crazy on an ebb tide.........The cannon 'locks passed muster yesterday with flyin' colors, so......should be an interestin' day with the 'family' aboard!....For all of you 'muzzlemaniacs', when we installed the nipples in the breaches, we didn't realize that we'd also see, or rather 'hear' an increase in the concussion..nice little 'treat' for adding a 'safety feature'........My Dr. made a social cruise past the 'ole pirate ship today, and he, a few friends, and sons will also join in the seabound activities for the day......Aaarrrrgh!

:ph34r:

ROYALISTE Scourge of the entire Mare Pacifica

Ahoy and avast ye, scurvey scallywags that ye be!!....We're gettin' down to the 'nubs' on this one, so....Poison Quill's reschedulin' an' organizin' 'er brains out, I'm purely rode hard from squarin' away the ship, 'Lolita an' Raul, be a stumblin', so......We'll be hittin' it hard around here today, as it be the last 'nice' one forcast 'afore Sunday. Busy as bees tomorrow, regardless of the weather...Today's probably the best time for any messages or queries...Me cell's been 'captured' for nonpayment, just the landline and email for now....

...SO, looks like a fantastic day planned, pirates, mystery,suspense, cutlasses, flintlocks, gunpowder,pirates,ship's cannonfire,more pirates..........

YO-HO, YO-HO, a Pirate's life for me!!!

O.K. Sailors!!!...Drop your sox, and grab your 'locks, 'cuz........It be time to put to sea as the scurviest bunch 'o scallywags to ever make a landfall at Pier 39!!...As far as the 'plot' goes, I'd just love to be your average tourist this 'morn once this thing starts to unfold! :huh: Anyway, "All hands on deck!'...Time to start makin' Blake's Day as a Rogue Pirate a RRRRoarin', swashbucklin' adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

460_Copy_of_ft3.JPG

ROYALISTE SCOURGE OF THE ENTIRE OCEAN

This 'Adventure on the Bay' for Blake and his family turned out truely spectacular!........Hopefully, there'll be many a photo to follow, but....Thanks to the Make a Wish Foundation for letting us drag this youngster deep into our Pirate Fantasies, and give him a day beyond his imagination. And to all who made it happen, you are all hero's in my ship's log. With some skill and luck, his adventure will produce a DVD 'movie' that is remarkable, and his wish will be complete.....

Aye captain.

After a couple of weeks of editing, sweetening, special FX, 3D opening sequence, and ending credits (maybe a blooper/outtake ending) and it WILL be a fine film for the DVD

I may have to purchase some more space from my ISP, but there should also be a section of pirate4hire.com that will be devoted to the adventure and Blake, the star of the show. :ph34r:

Just got this message from Michelle at Make a Wish:

"I can't believe how wonderfully this has been pulled together and what an incredible effort has been made by all of you to help make this little boy's most heartfelt wish come true. I will be anxiously waiting to hear all of the wonderful and exciting details. Thank You, Thank you, Thank you, This is why we do what we do!

Michelle"

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

What Ho!

What a great day, couldn't have asked for better weather out on the bay!

Here's a huge thanks to everyone involved with Blake's day, I don't know that it could have gone any better!

Quill, you put in long hard hours to make this happen and I do know the effort you put into this event, great job my little Pirate Sweetie.

Thanks to all the ships and crews, land based pirates and everyone who had a hand in this day I'll never forget!

Stitch, did we go through some black powder or what? LOL my poor flintlock won't be the same after this one!

To all those who waited ashore while we attended business, thanks so much for your support.

Lift your tankards Mates, you all deserve an extra ration of grog!!!!

Saber :ph34r:

Aye, it was an awesome experience to be a part of.

From my perspective everything went exactly as planned.

At Pier 39, We must have posed for at least a half dozen photos before the raid had even started!

I'll never forget the awestruck look on Blake's face while he watched Ace being chased by Saber, Stitch and Blackheart.

Given no choice by Blackheart, "Join us or Die, he says" We tavelled to Bully McGraw's Marina to acost the Royaliste.

--Big Thanks to Bully for his hospitality-- :ph34r:

This part of the crew then travelled to the bluffs of Fort Baker to watch the entire assault on Angel Island!

BRAVO!, HUZZAH! A grand time was had by all!

Will the DVD be available to us down here in So Cal?

Thanks for making happen Quill & Gary.  :)

Maria, thanks for the tip, 'tis good when pirates hear 'o things wot might need the help 'o the Brethren, and you are one more of the heroes :)

.........The rest, well, 'tis wot we are about, eh???

.........hopefully, there will be some availability, otherwise, we'll hafta sail south and shell Redwood City!!......They were a wonderful family, and we love the chance to make a whole family 'sign the aRRticles!!

Also, altho not specifically part of Blake's wish, I hope some of the photo's show up of some of the little girls in the family....When we were attackin' the Fort at Angel Island, altho' not any taller than me waist, one of the girls was a gunner portside.. She was just a yankin' on the carronade's lanyards,a cute, wicked little grin and a gleam in her eyes each time she fired!!!...a real black powder junkie there, mateys! :ph34r:

Bloody 'eck!..Me Too!..BTW, Iron Bess, Be sure an' give an 'attaboy' from me to Lee for the photo. With a 2 Reale coin from RR treasure chest, and the pic 'o 'Pintle', the ladd really 'lit up'!!.......(Besides the huge bag 'o swag from alla the pirates)

That I will Capt'n....

Lee came and spent time with us at the Make A Wish Pumpkin sale on Saturday and we spoke of this very thing. He is always pleasured to do anything for Kids.

He give's Piracy a good name say's I. :)

Hmmmm... :ph34r:

We'll have to do something about that!! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Will the DVD be available to us down here in So Cal?

Thanks for making happen Quill & Gary.  :)

Maria, thanks for the tip, 'tis good when pirates hear 'o things wot might need the help 'o the Brethren, and you are one more of the heroes :)

.........The rest, well, 'tis wot we are about, eh???

.........hopefully, there will be some availability, otherwise, we'll hafta sail south and shell Redwood City!!......They were a wonderful family, and we love the chance to make a whole family 'sign the aRRticles!!

Thanks Gary. I'm glad the adventure turned out so well for Blake and his family. I'm also glad that I forward the e-mail from Cindy Vallar that started this all in motion! I hope someone makes sure she knows how it turned out. :)

Kudos all around!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Maria me dearie- Would you be so kind as to email me so I can pass it along to Make a Wish? I've got contact info for everyone who was part of the wish, but I don't have your email and they want to say thank-you to everyone. :ph34r:

Photos will be coming soon! I gave me digital camera card to Ace and he'll be pulling stills for the DVD and for posting.

I got photos of the family on the ship, lots of Blake climbing the yard and lots of him at the helm of Trevi. So photos will be coming soon!!

Aye! Pictures there are mates.

These are but a few. Sort of a cross-section of the day.

These were a couple taken by Teri from Make-a-Wish in the restaurant and some by my daughter on the dock and from verious travels throughout the day trying to keep up. And then some taken with Quill's camera on board during the sail.

After we finish editing, adding VO and SFX I'll try to figure a good way to make the DVD available to all who would like a copy.

The images are here Blake's Wish and feel free to browse the rest of my site as there are many past pyratical adventures in the gallery. :ph34r:

-Ace

Maria me dearie- Would you be so kind as to email me so I can pass it along to Make a Wish? I've got contact info for everyone who was part of the wish, but I don't have your email and they want to say thank-you to everyone. :ph34r:

Photos will be coming soon! I gave me digital camera card to Ace and he'll be pulling stills for the DVD and for posting.

I got photos of the family on the ship, lots of Blake climbing the yard and lots of him at the helm of Trevi. So photos will be coming soon!!

Hmmm, 'Saber'.....you seem to be talkin' in a wee, high voice!! :ph34r:

Recieved this email from my 'sawbones', so I thought I'd print it in it's original form..

It was truly our privilege to spend yesterday with you. My brother (in law) Terry Gan, assistant Range Master for the SFPD at Lake Merced Police shooting range, received Blake and his dad to the range today, for a Second Make A Wish, shooting automatic weapons, and teaching them police safety techniques. Both guys were hunting and gun enthusiasts, and it was definitely a father/son/guy thing. What a wonderful experience for the Make A Wish Kid(s) (notably two in the same family!) and for all of us. I will copy as many of the participants as I know, which are limited, and then ask Captain Gary, Terry, et al to provide you further information via a reply to all concerning the detailed identities of our guests and participants. God Bless your good work. Christopher and I were thrilled with the chance to provide this opportunity, and invite more in the future. Terry and I spoke twice today, about how rewarding it was, and we are so very pleased with your organization and the gifts you provide these children.

Sincerely,

Tom Grotz, MD

Orthopedic and Microsurgeon (and amateur pirate)

Recieved this email from my 'sawbones', so I thought I'd print it in it's original form..

Yeah.... life is good sometimes. :D

I'm proud of every single one of you. :D But....

MORE PICTURES!!! :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And this one from our Make a Wish contact:

"I don't know what to say or how to Thank You. There are not enough words to say how what you have done has touched the hearts of so many. I have worked on hundreds of wishes and this is the most over the top I have ever seen. Your huge heart and overwhelming enthusiasm have been an inspiration to everyone involved. So often after a wish experience we never hear from the family again but, I'm sure I will today, they are such a wonderful family with many challenges. This wish experience has far exceeded any expectations any child could have ever imagined.

Now that my tears of appreciation have dried, I will be passing this wish

story on to other behind the scene wish granters involved in this wish.

I so appreciate you sharing this story with me. I always get to find out

the child's most heartfelt wish and make it happen but I rarely get to see

or hear how the actual experience went. Thank you, Thank you, Thank

you.....this is why we do what we do!

I will be in touch,

Warmest wishes,

Michelle"

Ace, I took the liberty of saying we'd send some DVD's along for the behind the scenes people too.

I'll keep me spyglass trained on the horizon for more photos Bess!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com