Ships and the Sea

Redvipers - tell me about your nautical fiction you write. I am a freelance writer currently working on my first project that in a way is nautical fiction. I always like to talk to fellow writers.

Beautiful ship. You are lucky to live in St. Augustine, also a beautiful place. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I live in far south Jersey and would love to find a ship to sail on.

Well, my first love...er, ship, was the Adventuress. Was about 6 years ago I spent two days sailing from Edmonds to Port Townsend, which was brilliantly fun. Especially getting up at 4am for the last dogwatch...best watch, got to see the sun rising...anyway, that was my first real sailing experience...

Have yet to make it to the Lady Washington, though I would love to be at least part of the volunteer crew sometime, she's such a beautiful boat!

Other than that, all my sailing's been on much smaller vessels...a byte and some capris, and hopefully we get to take out the alpha tomorrow. I miss having a jib, and am looking forward to sailing with one in decent wind, unlike all those days on the river where we couldn't go anywhere...that was pretty sad!

But we usually fly our Jolly Roger out on the byte. B)

Oh, and those were some lovely pictures of the Royaliste! I want to meet that boat someday!

Grace

I write a series of books about a young British Naval officer in 1803. The first book "Falcon's Revenge" is to be released in September or a little sooner.

Nathan Beauchamp starts out as a young Lt. ordered, home when Britain again declares war on Napoleon, to be reassigned to a rearming fleet but first he must stop a pirate from taking English ships at Black river, Jamaica. Next he is sent out once more to recapture a French Privateer in Martinique. I like to write lots of action and a little romance into my stories. All of the books are based on actual events only with my characters.

Falcon’s Revenge is not a hell raising pirate story but I sure am tempted to write one.

In book two “Pursuit of Honor” Nathan must transform a cumbersome merchant ship into a man of war and is sent back to the Caribbean to hunt a Pirate. I’m putting in more pirate action in this one. My Cabin (computer room) is full of pirates, flintlock pistols and swords…. I think I was a pirate in a former life…lol

Falcon’s Revenge preorders is doing well at http://tallshipsbooks.com and will be reviewed in the September Bowsprit and I believe our Rose will give a review in the September No Quarter Given Magazine.

Well you asked, now you know some if my writing. You can read the synopsis of all six books at my web site. http://josephlosteen.com

Keep her afore the wind

Joe

Nice website. You must be very excited about the release. Perhaps a book tour will bring you out this way. I have been a stringer for alot of small local papers, and done some magazine work. But I'm currently working on my first novel, which is a mystery in which the person forced into the role of detective is a tavern owner in Port Royal, forced to find the real killer or likely swing herself. She is surrounded by pirates and sailers, and has spent some time at sea herself.

Thank You Grace......Sounds like you have a very good plot going. I wish you the best. People are starved for the days of old. I have people ordering my book from England and paying $35 to air mail it to them as soon as it is released. So the market is there. You just have to step up and write it.

Good Lock with your story.

Joe