Pirates of the Spanish Main Collectible Card Game

Diosa De Cancion

Anyone else out there sitting around with a stack of extra cards from WizKids Pirates of the Spanish Main that they would be interested in trading? I have quite a few extras and of course some items I would like, so if anyone else wants to do a little trading to get more broad sets, let me know and I'll post my list of wants/have extras :)

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M'dear... I STILL haven't been able to get ahold of any cards! It's getting rather silly to the point I have been waiting for a pack since July.. & the damn store won't get them in yet. They can't seem to get ahold of more boxes! They keep selling out, so they tell me. I'm not the only one here trying to get ahold of them. ::le sigh::

Enjoying them?

I won't order online. I just don't like to... long story... :lol:

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

At the least, the cards are very well done, and I love the fact that instead of being stuck with a bunch of ships and 3-d objects to try and pack up, they can all break down and go back into the cards from whence they came for travel... the game seems to have enough layers of actions to make it interesting... we'll see about the longevity of interest. I'll let ya know! :)

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Yeah.... depressing in a way, isn't it? Stynky? :rolleyes:

I hope it does well. A couple friends of mine were excited about it until they found it too difficult to get ahold of it & now finding they won't have time for it. :rolleyes:

Let's hope we can get ahold of it soon enough.

:rolleyes:

I have heard shops should start getting more of the cards beginning late this week, so I would advise if you have a shop near you that may be getting them, to put your name on their list!!! I would like to see enough people get ahold of them and then have a little mini-tournament at Pirates in Paradise in December.

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Aye... I 've done that 3 times since July.

They still act like complete dimwits & ocean sludge about the card game, let alone clueless on contacting me. :huh::huh:

Would be cool.... but bloody hell if I know that such a thing will happen.

Especially here.

:huh:

Same here in PA...

Go to a gaming store...you know, one of those places that supposedly make a LIVING out of knowing about the latest card games and such...

Oh, sure, they can talk for hours about Magic decks or Yu-Gi-Oh, but Pyrates??? (Insert stunned-cow expression here)

"I never heard of them"..."Oh, that wouldn't sell here"...they're called WHAT?"...

And just try to buy them online from places like eBay - they gouge you royally.

Like my son has advised me, I'll just bide my time...sooner or later, people will move on to something else, and I'll pick up a U-Haul box full of Pyrate cards for $5.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Is there a web site for this game?

and has anyone played it.........

A freind and I got a deck and some boster packs for "7th Sea".... played it once, (Capt Reis and the Crimson Roger blasted the snot outta his undead crew) so we never played again......

I had the same problem with the Star Trek card game..... the Klingons would blow up all the Feddi ships and then thier homeworld..... no one wanted to play that one eaither......

I don't want to hunt for another card game, to only play once or twice......

Lemme see if I can find it again. I'm on a different comp at this time.. but I had posted about the card game & a link to the manufacturer over a month ago... :: runs off to attempt to find it:: I posted it here on the Pub, here under Pirate Pop.

Ahhh.. ok.. here it is..

Pirates of the Spanish Main card game

:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Goddess... you have a hard time finding players? Orlando area right? SciFi City over in Oveido/Altamonte.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Suddenly these things are appearing all over the place. I know for certain that I've seen them at Rite-Aid and Wegmans, and I think that I might have seen them at Target too. Unfortunately, I have neither the time to play such games nor anyone to play against if I ever found the time. Can anyone tell me if the cards are worth $3 per pack just on the basis of their mini piratical artwork? Or should they only be bought by people who actually intend to use them?

• 1 month later...

I'm addicted to these things. When i bought my first pack, the lady at the register was like "oh, honey, don't waste your money. Those things are like heroine - you always need more!"

Oh so true. I haven't actually played the game yet, but it's worth the money alone just to have little ships to sit on my book shelf and look cute!

Me too, though I'm lucky enough to have some co-workers who are fellow gamers. We've played about 10 times. And it is quick and easy enough to finish up a game during lunch. The problem is... they are all out on travel, so I'm going through withdrawals!!! Which means I have to buy more to satisfy my urge!!!

No... it's not an addiction. ;)

So Merc, have any dups you want to trade??? I have a couple duplicate pirate ships, and a few Spaniards too.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

It's a great game for sure!!!!

My friends and I play it as a rum and tack game ;)

Wizkids are on the 2nd expansion but still no Dutch!

Started off with Brits and Pirates which made sense. But then the French which wasn't all that bad. What's with Americans? The Dutch were the first in the Carrib! I guess you have to sell to your audience, no mater the accuracy

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)