Baltimore Sea Shanty Sing

blenderwench

Just putting it out there as an FYI. These shanty sings seems to be in various places, but in Fells Point the second Wednesday of each month. (and walking distance from work for Madame Macaw and myself!)

Not sure if it is considered a "garb" occasion, will get back on that one, have a few questions out right now...

But, if interested, here ya go. Pyrates Royale sometimes participate in this.

____

Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Time: 7:00PM - 10:00PM EDT (GMT-04:00)

Baltimore Sea Shanty Sing, The Wharf Rat Taven, Fells Point,

Maryland

Come join in with the Ship's Company as they lead the Wharf Rat

Tavern in singing old nautical and pirate songs! The Ship's

Company holds forth in the tavern the second Wednesday evening

of each month. Singing starts at 8:00 pm and usually ends around

10:00 pm. Come on out around 7:00 pm and have dinner with us,

then listen to the singing, join in, or even lead a song

yourself!

Wharf Rat Tavern

801 South Anne Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21231-3404

(410) 276-9034

WWW:

http://baltimore.travelape.com/nightlife/w...vern/index.html

For information on the Ship's Company:

http://www.shipscompany.org/chantysingers.htm

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

• 3 weeks later...

I am definitely up for this. Also in Annapolis at the Drummers Lot (basement of the Maryland Inn) on the third Thursday of every month.

(Also the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Royal Mile in Wheaton, but that's a bit of a haul, even though it's a great establishment and I have attended that shanty sing before.)

They are all done by Ship's Company Chanteymen.

A buddy of mine and I are headed to the October sing in Annapolis. Let's organize this thing. Blenderwench, you want to run it up the mast with the Juryrig crew? :huh:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Sure, Gute. Not sure if I can join, will keep ya posted on it (plus, I work very very close to the Wharf Rat), but you are looking for a group on October 21st at the Annapolis sing, right?

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

Sure, Gute. Not sure if I can join, will keep ya posted on it (plus, I work very very close to the Wharf Rat), but you are looking for a group on October 21st at the Annapolis sing, right?

I'll go either way, whichever location/date works for the most interested parties.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

• 3 weeks later...
Just putting it out there as an FYI. These shanty sings seems to be in various places, but in Fells Point the second Wednesday of each month. (and walking distance from work for Madame Macaw and myself!)

Not sure if it is considered a "garb" occasion, will get back on that one, have a few questions out right now...

Fwiw, I've been to a couple at the Royal Mile in Wheaton. They are alot of fun.

I don't recall seeing anyone wearing pirate attire.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

This wednesday night will be the kick off party for the Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race. There will be about 40 schooners in the harbor. It has been requested to not be a garbed affair. I will be on or about the "Norfolk Rebel" the only Coast Guard registered Tugantine!

Cap'n Pern

Will anyone be making it to the Schooners in Fell's Point tomorrow night?

I never heard back from anyone on this, so at this point I'm planning instead on attending the one in Annapolis at the Drummer's Lot next Thursday.

I'm up for another run at Fell's Point in another month? I believe that be 11/10 for next month.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

• 1 month later...

Well, it's past the time for this months Baltimore Shanty sing, but here's the schedule that is usually kept:

On the first Tuesday of the month from 8 to 10 p.m., at the Royal Mile Pub, 2407 Price St. in Wheaton, Maryland (near University & Rt. 97).

On the second Wednesday of the month from 8 to 10 p.m., at the Wharf Rat, 801 S. Anne Street, Baltimore, Maryland (Fells Point)

On the third Thursday of the month from 8 to 10 p.m., at The Drummer's Lot, Main Street in Annapolis, Maryland 21401

It's usually a fun time. The group that does the singing usually starts of the fun and they pass around a list of songs, which you can either pick a song from and sing, or request. It makes for interesting listening as folks sing slightly different versions of the songs and or start to sing and forget parts of it.

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant