Alert - Cutpurse at MDRF FYI

Madam Macaw

Cross-posted from a Friend

I know this is late in the week, but I wanted to get the alert out before this weekend.

It appears the outdated skill of "cut purse" has been revived at MD faire. Last weekend Jon, one of the rose sellers, had his pouch cut off his belt. (Before anyone skoffs too much, the pouch was recovered later and examined. The stings were cut, not frayed or untied)

Here are the details, as much as we could piece together:

We believe it happened somewhere between Blessed Scents and The Soap and Wax Candle booth, 4:45pm - 5pm. About 10 minutes later he went to make change for a customer and the pouch was gone. It was a simple deep pouch secured by one tie to the belt and one tie closing the bag. He retraced his steps and alerted a bunch of boothies to be on the look out for it.

At the end of the day, the puch was found empty next to a trash can by the front gate. *They took $270.00, his reciepts, business cards, and one Dirty Sock (don't ask)

Jon asked me to post this to the community at large, so it doesn't happen to anyone else. (copy at will)

As far as practicle suggestions: When this was a common problem wire or jewlery chain was used instea of/or wrapped around the strings. Thick leather cording and at least 2 ties would also help.

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

WOW! ya know, I never even thought about it, because I am in the spirit of goodnatured-ness and random acts of kindness to all, but it is good to be reminded that not everyone shares the same sentiments at faire. :lol:

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

I think they have the word out to everyone, but just in case that would be great!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

wow, thats probably the single most disgusting thing I've heard of someone doing at a FAMILY oriented celebration. Don't let ME see the SOB, I haven't given a good old fasion asswhoopin' in a while, and I can't think of anyone more due for one than that. :ph34r:

BTW: Does ANYONE know who has the picture of me and that yummy long-haired corsair??? I really really really want a copy:-( not to mention I also need copies of all the other pictures. I wanna make a scrapbook.

Marona - I haven't seen it. I have seen, Kenny's, Toni's and Duncans and don't remember seeing it. Sorry mate! Iffen there are more photos floating around - I would love to see them.

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

Send a holler out to all that were there. I am sure someone has them.

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed