Ren Faire - Casa de fruita

• 2 weeks later...

I be designin' t-shirts fer the faire's guest concession stands. Should be neat...but then again, I grew up at Faire (literally) and most of the older participants there are practically family (and one or two actually are family).

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

If you go stop by the horn booth and buy something!!!!! Just ask for Squire Bauptb (Bob) and tell her that Squire Pete sent you! :(

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.

By the way, Ace. My forearms be sore somethin' fierce...my practice goes well...I'm starting to feel them juggling clubs move the way I want 'em to....

...except when Domino gets his horrible little monkey hands on 'em

*WHACK!*

REDD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just visited me uncle Steven out at Ren Faire this weekend. The faire be going through some dramatic improvements this year...all of them good, in my humble opinion. Anyway....all, and I mean ALLL of the staff there be lookin' forward ter the pirate raids! ARRR!

Tell yer friends! If this faire pays off well fer all involved, it may change the way things are done for MANY Ren Faires out there...again, for the good. (For those of you who don't know, this is a unique faire, because it's springing from the ashes of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire...which was taken over and destroyed by a rather ruthless entity that would make Barbossa shudder...PLUS, it's run entirely by the participants and vendors...allowing the heart to be put back into it...all you Northern California Ren Faire types will know what I mean...I still miss Black Point *sigh*) Can't wait ter see ye all out thar!

REDD.jpg

Ahoy Mates! B)

It be lookin' better an better fer the chances of us (Deadly Drucilla & Cacklin' Bloody Bill Holtz + his mum), that we be goin'!!! It'll be th' first time we gets t' interact with our guild! I be one excited Pirate!!! Always knew I were a scoundral, now it be me first time t' show I be a scoundral!!! B)B)B) Can't wait t' meet all ye bretherin' o' the Sea!!!!

Deadly Drucilla

B)

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

• 1 month later...

Well...as many oh ye folk might know...Redd be havin' family yonder way o' the Nor Cal Ren Faire at Casa de Fruta...he even be designin' t-shirts fer the faire (It be the one with the dragon and the faire logo on it! Thar be one weekend left, mates...support the cause!)

Redd and his wife went out thar this weekend ter get away from the mess which seems to have invaded both our lives...and it was a pleasant escape fer once...let me tell ye.

I even met with a kindly, white-bearded gent who be runnin' a "pirates' supply" booth called "The Pirates Cove"...Ye kin visit his website HERE. Tell him "An Overstreet" sent ye, and mention the Pyracy Pub...he be very interested in meetin' all o' ye!

Fer those o' ye faire folk in the California area...and those who be curious as to how well this particular faire be doing (after shaking off the oppressive yolk of the RenFaire Co. in NY)...the answer be: "Quite Well...considerin' it be the first year away from RenCo."

Aww heck...I'll let me uncle Steve speak fer himself...here be a review he wrote, and I be proud ter share:

Dear shire folk,

I m proud of the efforts and the accomplishments that

have kept our village together. Attendance started out

about like it was last year and has grown each

weekend. I'm seeing more people coming back for

another visit.

Though we are by no means, out of the woods yet,

our progress is substantial and I am convinced that we

have a living, viable Renaissance Faire on our hands.

The layout is much improved. people are wandering and

discovering rather than being pushed through the shire

like a bran muffin through the descending colon.

As I walk the faire, I see a happy village. That's

the kind of village our patrons are paying for (and

paying they are--no comp tickets were given out).

I see a village where people are beginning to test the

limits again without fear of being slapped down by a

corporate culture overly concerned with the moral

issues of those who were never our core audience

anyway.

I see a breeding ground for foolishness(*NOTE: That be a GOOD thing. - From Redd).

I see a faire that doesn't take itself so damn

seriously that it can't take a joke.

As I talk to our patrons about what they think of our

show they speak mostly of feelings: "It feels so

different --like the old days" or "Everybody here

seems so happy".

I think feelings are key to our continued success and

to preserving our common ground - -a place for our

community to gather and strengthen the bonds that

make each of us important to the rest.

Our tribe can still meet at the oasis to water our

camels, trade some goods, play some poker, seduce each

other and generally run rampant in the streets.

The spirit of creativity and the sense of belonging

that have spurred the community to form the Village

Co-op, to join the Fools Guild and to take over this

faire, are manifestations of the deep abiding love

that we have for each other.

Now, despite the difficulties, the rancor and the

slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, we have this

place to celebrate that love.

The Playground is open.

---Steven Overstreet

Sorry fer the long post...but I was proud of what I saw...considering me uncle and his "faire kin" were thrown out on their ear this time last year by RenCo.

If'n ye haven't gone...the weather be lookin good fer this final weekend. Play faire! Arrr!

REDD.jpg

Oh...one more thing....I might....MIGHT just be at Faire next year....wit me own booth. It be only in the "hey...that's a neat idea!" phase...but we'll see how things progress! (Current "life issues" not withstanding)

Arrr!

REDD.jpg

Too bad the folks at the faire who make the decisions decide they don't like pirates.

The marketing folks liked the idea (since they named it pirate/privateer day) and the day I was there all the patrons loved it, the participants seemed to like it quite a bit too. I was even taken by a sherriff or some important type to meet the queen herself.

Unfortunately we were told not to come back apparently. :rolleyes:

Black listed as it were. I guess we're true pirates now.

Too bad the folks at the faire who make the decisions decide they don't like pirates.

The marketing folks liked the idea (since they named it pirate/privateer day) and the day I was there all the patrons loved it, the participants seemed to like it quite a bit too. I was even taken by a sherriff or some important type to meet the queen herself.

Unfortunately we were told not to come back apparently. 

Black listed as it were. I guess we're true pirates now.

I didn't hear about that...shows how out o' touch I be these days. That sucks...I'll ask around and see if there's anythin' I kin do.

Oop! Wait a minute...just checked the Tiburon Cafe...didn't Talesofthesevenseas post this on the 12th?

Good news!

I got an email from our Ren Faire contact this morning. It seems that the non-payment was an error and it is being taken care of now. He said they were very pleased with all that we did and we're invited back next year and they are planning yet another pirate invasion! 

So it seems that the infamous food court incident that besmirched our reputation has been cleared up to everyone's satisfaction. Thanks to all of you who helped dispell the rumors!!

Is there new developments? I'll do what I can ter help smooth things over if it be needin' smoothin'.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

Hold on mates, let me explain what happened. There were some rumors that a few folks were less than happy with us over an incident that took place in the food court. These were not the folks running the fair, but other people.

Here is what happened. One of the things we did at the fair was to tattoo upwards of 1,000 people with Tales of the Seven Seas temporary tattoos. These were very popular and people got a big kick out of them. The complaint arose from a PATRON (who was most definitely not one of our pirates, but was wearing a pirate hat and was mistaken for one of us) who decided to apply that tattoo to his girlfriend's backside by licking it! She dropped her drawers in the middle of the food court and security was quickly called in to advise them to cease and desist.

Once the negative rumors were straightened out, it has not been a problem. We have already been congratulated on doing a great job, our check is on the way and we've already been asked back for next year's pirate invasion. Problem solved! :)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Avast mate...I believe Quill got it all straightened out. Had somethin' ta do wit the infamous tatoo incedent in the food court. They know we were not involved now and are very happy wit our ravage'n the pilgrims.

:rolleyes:

Signaturecopy.gif

Good.

And...fer what it be worth...I ran inter many o' Faire Folk who knows ol' Redd...and a couple of them mentioned "Those pirate people that showed up." and then proceeded to say how much they enjoyed seeing you there.

Well...there be always next year.

Thanks mates!

REDD.jpg