Favorite Pirate Book

blackjohn

I'll dig out my pics tonight and scan some in. If only digital cameras had been in use then... :lol:

I looked at the pics on your site...it's amazing - some look like doubles of mine! Stay tuned.

I should also mention that I do indeed remember you! In fact my wife is right here looking at the pics and she did a double take and said "Hey! I remember him!" Did you by chance also play a governor or lawyer or something at the mock trial afterwards?

I also got a lot of good shots of Eric Graybeard.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Two Years Before the Mast, is an excellent book which portrays a sailor's life. Great reference material.

I agree :)

a bit hard to follow a lot of the rigging referances. I had to keep looking up some of the things he was talking about.

I'll dig out my pics tonight and scan some in. If only digital cameras had been in use then... :rolleyes:

I looked at the pics on your site...it's amazing - some look like doubles of mine! Stay tuned.

I should also mention that I do indeed remember you! In fact my wife is right here looking at the pics and she did a double take and said "Hey! I remember him!"  Did you by chance also play a governor or lawyer or something at the mock trial afterwards?

I also got a lot of good shots of Eric Graybeard.

Many thanks! And I agree about the digital cameras... a few of the Brethren's pics were taken with them, but the camera I have now is amazing compared to the digitals from back then.

At HP 1 in the mock trial I was one of the rabble rousers in the crowd. At the first Hampton Blackbeard Festival I took the stand to give testimony against Blackbeard's crew.

Eric! Ha! In his fancy attire! Somewhere around here I've got pics of him in his "new" duds...

palmetto001.jpg

I'm not certain, but that may be the "Mr. Cotton" outfit from PotC that he won on ebay. If so, too bad it didn't come with the parrot.

Blackjohn

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I must confess I like his new outfit much better than the "Fancy" one. It certainly does look like Cotton's outfit. Damn I wish I had the coin and the time to get something together like that....

Last night I dug out my pics of the HP Festival. I'll scan them in this morning and send them your way, Blackjohn. Cheers!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

"my fave pirate book is my made up pirate book called the um girls. "

Capn Rum Lady where do I get a copy? The closest thing Im reading is sailing for dummies. One must know how to sail before one can plunder..

Andrew

AKA Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate :huh:

Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate -- guitarist abord the land Yacht "Lady Gale"

Only pirate book I managed to read, is Treasure Island. Also read through that book on pirates (but not a story-book or so) several times throughout, but I can never find it when I need it, so I can't fetch its name (or scan that wooden gravure from Kidd burying his family bible that's printed in there, for that matter. Haven't found that one on the 'net yet, so it'd be a great addition :huh: ) Can't find any other books, as the local library (or the surrounding local libraries) don't have anything decent. Lots of pulp fiction, some Pratchett, enough Eco, quite a good philosophy-section, but that's it. The rest is crap, with dieting books, yoga and other wuss-stuff for people with either a low self-esteem or people who try to get from under work by saying they need to cleanse their soul by sitting upside-down on some earthrays for half a day. No-good libraries for getting books worthy of the name book.

I've got several good pirate books, but i haven't come around to any real reading, i want to try and do it more but i'm too restless.

I would say from the looks of it my favorite would be Eyewitness:Pirates.

It's a kinda small soft cover, but it has some of the best illustrations i've seen.

I love those books, easy to read and lots to look at, but Life amongst the pirates by David Cordingly is also great!

hero.jpg