Sorry mates, no more POTC info....

Iron Bess

Whoever at Disney has their nose out of joint about rumors has better get used to it. Look what I just found.

Will Disney Order New Ships?

In what must be one of the cruise industry's worst-kept secrets, it appears that Disney Cruise Line may well be ready to expand its fleet. According to industry sources, the cruise line, which has already commissioned (and now received) design plans for its new ship(s) via a Finland-based naval architectural firm, is shopping them around. European shipyards most often mentioned were Italy's Fincantieri, France's Chantiers de l'Atlantique, Germany's Meyer Werft and Finland's Kvaerner Masa-Yards.

Word on the street – confirmed by our sources though not by Disney, which didn't immediately respond to a query – is that plans call for two Panamax-sized ships (which means they can sail through the Panama Canal) that will not be exact replications of Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, the cruise line's first two vessels.

The actual bid process could take anywhere from three months to a year – and that's before there's any thought of a keel-laying – so the ships would not be likely to join the fleet before 2006 at the earliest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you have that many people working on projects (especially with a significant number being CONTRACTORS and not loyal employees), you are going to have RUMORS running around.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Whoever at Disney has their nose out of joint about rumors has better get used to it.  Look what I just found.

Will Disney Order New Ships?

In what must be one of the cruise industry's worst-kept secrets, it appears that Disney Cruise Line may well be ready to expand its fleet. According to industry sources, the cruise line, which has already commissioned (and now received) design plans for its new ship(s) via a Finland-based naval architectural firm, is shopping them around. European shipyards most often mentioned were Italy's Fincantieri, France's Chantiers de l'Atlantique, Germany's Meyer Werft and Finland's Kvaerner Masa-Yards.

The actual bid process could take anywhere from three months to a year – and that's before there's any thought of a keel-laying – so the ships would not be likely to join the fleet before 2006 at the earliest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you have that many people working on projects (especially with a significant number being CONTRACTORS and not loyal employees), you are going to have RUMORS running around.

Not to mention sourcing out jobs overseas! Not one American company mentioned! I guess this is what they mean by "other forms of entertainment" <_<

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Tis' the sad nature of the internet. I try me darnedest ter never read the gossip mags and internet sites...they jsut spoil every suprise out there. I dunno what it is...maybe it's that thrill of lettin' yer friends know about some "secret" infermation just for a momentary "ooo"-ing and "aaah"-ing.

It really has harmed the entertainment industry. Games and films alike.

Okay...Redd's off his soapbox.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Yeekkk.... :ph34r:

Rumors run amok. I think Star Wars has proven that many times. At least now, Lucasfilm kinda gives out a little tidbits to satisfy the multitudes.

However.. the PotC fandom is rather small compared to Star Wars. Rumors should just end up as that. Even when the script is finished & all, the general plot should remain secret. Cause.. lord knows... I know several people who would just go insane if it's not who THEY think it should go! ::rolls eyes in annoyance:: I have faith in the Writer's with what they do.

Let's hope that all goes well there, Bess.

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I haven't been around much, Bess lass, so I just found out about this... hope everything is going well for you, and please let us know if ye need anything, 'kay? I'd be more than happy ter buy ye a tankard, or assist ye in a good ol' "flooging 'round the fleet"... best wishes for brighter tomorrows, lass!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Sounds like the best thing to do is keep your info to yourself then lass. Protect your end and you have nothing to worry about. Myself.... well, I like the idea of seeing a flick and not knowing whats coming. Half the fun is in the mystery.......... The Capt.

I think a good keelhauling is in order for the rogue who spilled his guts. Or a good marooning. Obviously the lout is not a real pirate as he would have kept to the code... and I ain't meaning more like guidelines.

While this is a public forum, some people should know better than to pass along discussions that are obviously to be kept amongst us. And if I run into the individual I'll run 'em through for ya. On second thought I'll have Diosa do it, she's a better aim...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'd be more than happy ter buy ye a tankard, or assist ye in a good ol' "flooging 'round the fleet"... best wishes for brighter tomorrows, lass!

Might'n we just flog them about the Buena Vista parking lot??? :ph34r:

Thanks mate!! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sounds like the best thing to do is keep your info to yourself then lass. Protect your end and you have nothing to worry about. Myself.... well, I like the idea of seeing a flick and not knowing whats coming. Half the fun is in the mystery.......... The Capt.

Well then, you were always safe with me.

I never talk about story line. I only kept those interested up to date on when filming was underway.

See, I'm no tattletale. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

that's all we want to know, Bess.

I know I would rather not know the story until I see it in the theater.

I admit, I was rather stunned & surprized with "Curse...".. since I hadn't seen previews for it except for that earlier preview that had the Dracula soundtrack background music with the soaring over the waters coming up upon an island preview... I was intregued then. But never knew what it was about. Honestly thughtit was some modern day catch with Johnny Depp & some teens in some wickedly horror like Cape Fear thing!

Believe my utter surprize whenI found out it was period.. lots of gents in breeches! ::le sigh:: heaven!

So.. yeah... story... secret.

& hopefully, all those damned rumors out there won't be true. I've heard so many that I am sick of them. :ph34r: I just don't pay attention to them any more... just.. awaiting the film's release & such now. Trying to be patient.

Trying...

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Bess, I think discretion has always been your watchword when it comes to projects in progress. I have appreciated your insider's perspective, but I don't think you've been talking out of school. I'm sure most of us are employed by organizations with proprietary information. Take our members in the military for example. They give us a perspective on their life in the force, but they don't disclose operational details. I don't think anyone at Disney has anything to fear from your participation here. And if they decide otherwise, there's lots of other folks making movies around town.

Aye I agree..I dont think you have done anything wrong and If I find the bloody blighter Ill have his guts fer garters..ye can bet your best boots on that to be sure. And AS Lady Barbossa said I cant wait for the next one. I dont want any info unless depp comes to Austin..Then Ill beg...ROFL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png