Sorry mates, no more POTC info....

Iron Bess

Sorry everyone.

As if I don't have enough upheavel right now, it was brought to my attention today that at a Pirate event this last weeks end, someone was openly sharing what should have been private information.

And all this in front of someone that is related to the President if Walt Disney pictures who, I understand, took a GREAT deal of exception to this information being told. Private, story board issues and the Gods know what else. (sigh)

It befuddles me no end.

So, since losing my job is not an option as a cost for keeping you all up to date with what is going on, I'm really sorry but from now on the matter will have to be a closed one.

I am, really, really sorry and think it's just unfortunate all around.

And if this DOES come back and bite me.... you'll all be the first to know.

:rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, I can tell ye it wasn't me! I t'weren't at any pirate events since the June 5th PRP event. I've done kept my mouth closed!

So it had ta have been the event o'er this past weekend at the Heritage Regatta, which I was not at.

Hmmmmm.....

Rumba Rue

**My lips are sealed with duct tape** :rolleyes:

Aye Lass,

We understand and support you completely and unconditionally.

There is the possibility it came from someone else and not way of the Pub as you have been quite tight-lipped about POTC 2&3 for quite sometime. :blink:

Those who are obssessed fans of POTC visit many boards attached to "sources". Not that I would know any of those boards. :huh:

(I have been in Arizona for the last 3 weeks, just in case you're thinking.)

Chances are twas another rumor running around started on one of these other boards making it to a party atmosphere. Like that hasn't happened with other wildly famous movies.

And if you find the blaggard with the large mouth, can I watch ye run em through? :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

It befuddles me no end...And if this DOES come back and bite me.... you'll all be the first to know.

It raises me blood pressure to the boiling point when anyone makes public something which is to be kept in confidence. :blink:

Certainly hope this doesn't come back and bite ye. Do keep us posted on your status. And I echo the Royaliste...

'eck wif the rest

~ Jack Bartholemew

It ain't up t'Bess whether or not she loses her job. That be out of her hands. It be "guilt by association". :blink:

We'll swears upon a stack o'Bibles it weren't your fault, Iron Bess. You been only tellin' us what be public information. And if we find the squawkin' bilge rat what let his lips spill t'beans, I says we cut the offendin' member out o'his mouth! :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Thanks to all of you that have sent support both publicly and privately...

I'm not sure which way the wind will blow with this yet however I am very grateful you all understand.

I doubt anyone could have seen this coming.

I just... don't understand it. (sigh) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Something inside says this will turn out alright in the end. Keep your chin up girl!

BTW has anyone notice our status has changed? Yesterday I was a Dread Pirate. now I'm back to being a Pirate Captain again! I've been demoted! :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Me fingers be crossed fer ye, Bess...all nine of 'em. I had ter remove all of me postings about a project I were workin' on here at Backbone. Didn't get as grave a warnin' from me employers, but it was certainly a preventative measure.

Gimme a call or email if'n ye need any help.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

'Tis a shame indeed. I hope everything works out well for ye.

good luck lass

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

Here's what I don't get: Of course there's other people who know about this information other than Bess. So, why would she be the only one blamed for it? They just assume that she be the only one to leak information out? Come on, that's stupid and unfair! :lol: Bess, hopefully nothing will happen cuz you didn't do anything wrong. And let's lynch mob the jerk who mentioned any info out loud at this event! :lol: lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

And let's lynch mob the jerk who mentioned any info out loud at this event!  :lol:   lol!

Now thar be the spirit!!...'Cept hangin' be too good, (besides a good waste 'o perfectly good cordage)... we've a genuine, period-like keelhaulin' just waitin', so throw a shackle on 'em, an' give us a holler! :)

Havin worked Hollyweird fer a number of years in the past, I knows the methodolgy:

1, hotly deny anything you'd like to become a rumor

2, see if anyone bites,

3, reluctantly admit its true if anyone threatens to write ya a check... :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Bess has anything been said to you yet? Has anything been said to anyone involved in POTC? Anything at all?

You know before we all jump to conculsions and have Bess jobless let's see what happens. It could be that the relative of that exec at Disney says nary a word about the whole thing to anyone. We could be turning this into a tempest in a teapot (which I pray for Bess's sake it is). I say hold course Bess and ride it out.

Things may work out positively. You've been a loyal Disney employee for literally decades! I really have the feeling that this will work out and nothing will happen to you.

You have my Witch's intuition on that! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

A wise word here from me:

If you don't want secrets or things known, don't tell others..

I agree with Christine, me thinks it t'was someone else. Unless of course you told someone things that even I didn't know until you said them in your posting here.

Rumba Rue

**Friends help friends move, real friends help move the bodies** :lol:

Yes, something has been said.

Yes, someone is trying to rattle a few chains.

So far so good at keeping my nose clean.

I have the wonderful support of one of the film's actors so that makes me feel ebtter.

yes it was someone that posts here and other places that unfortunately got caught up in the moment.

Let's face it, knowledge is power and at that moment she was swept up with the need to be powerful.

With any luck the lad that could cause me grief will have his head in a fog for some time to come when it comes to this issue (thanks be to my adorable, married Witchy friend who sent her love and support and spellwork!) so I have hope.

But the fact still is that this soul has ruined it for everyone else because from now on your info will have to come from other places. Like.... the writers message board or such like.

:lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well, that's a spot of good news about keepin' yer nose dry, lass. The last thing I'd ever want ter see is ye set adrift...Redd and his mates would have ter spring inter action and scoop ye up fer ourselves!

Just as an added measure, ye might talk ter the Pub's administrators and ask them ter remove all of the posts containing the more questionable posts (if'n ye already haven't done so, yer always so quick on the draw..)...it could only add ter yer cause.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Writers Message Board

You mean like this board here?

Let me know if this link works. I tried a search, but the webpage wanted a password before it would let me on. Got around that fairly quickly. :lol:

:lol::lol:;)

Never mind...just some geeks writers page. Not a true writers message board from what I can see. Still hunting for it though.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well, that's a spot of good news about keepin' yer nose dry, lass. The last thing I'd ever want ter see is ye set adrift...Redd and his mates would have ter spring inter action and scoop ye up fer ourselves!

Just as an added measure, ye might talk ter the Pub's administrators and ask them ter remove all of the posts containing the more questionable posts (if'n ye already haven't done so, yer always so quick on the draw..)...it could only add ter yer cause.

Aye!.. And on a 'cover ye're tracks' note, methinks since we all be aware 'o the situation, a possible disappearance 'o this thread might be in order!!..(I be pretty good at napalmin' me own onesies!.......)