Pirate Faire at Ojai CA, 2004

It be time for the Goldcoast Pirate Faire at Ojai again, Sept 25th & 26th 2004!! :lol: ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!! :lol:

Tales of the Seven Seas will be out in force this year, with a large band o' pirates!! Come by our encampment or email me if you'd like to join us!

Last year we had a grand time- even Jeff, our skeleton in the barrel came home with fond memories... We awoke one morning and found him with a pair of ladies panties clutched in his hands!! (We never did discover who the panties belonged too and Jeff ain't sayin'!)

Last year we were across the way from the Rum Runners camp. Not only did we enjoy their company and home-brewed rum, but we also enjoyed several fencing matches with them. I'll be wagering my dubloons on Sasha! She be a deceptively pretty little wench, but a real she-devil with a sword! :lol:

The Royaliste's deck guns were on display last year and provided firings throughout the event. I especially remember the final firing, which lofted a smoke ring over the faire! During the morning meeting last year, Captain Gary and Raul were complimented on the fine job they did managing the cannon area with great attention to safety, yet plenty of fun.

So who here is coming for the '04 Pirate Faire?!!!!!!!!!!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there be a few hotels in Ojai. most are pretty spendy. resort/health spa sorta things.

it's been about two years since I've been there. so it might be a bit different by now.

ya could take the amtrack ta ventura and take a city bus up from there or give me a call and we could meet in ventura. its about a two hour drive (at night) from L.A. ..day time , double that time.it's maybe twenty minutes from ventura.

where is the faire at exactly ?

Privateer The faire is on the shores of Lake Casitas. There is camping nearby if hotels be too dear for you. I'll be up there with the Port Royal Privateers.

Capt Faith

As to Amtrak go on there website and enter you start point and destination (I confirmed there is still a station in Ventura, CA). There should be a bus up there or as Privateer offered ...

Hope you can make it!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Ah, thank'ee kindly privateer.

The good RumbaRue did her best t'notify me o'the closin' date fer applyin' t'the PRP, but alas I missed it. <_<

So I'll be payin' me shillin's wit' the rest o'them but it be fer a good cause.

I'll be lookin' forward t'seein' me mates and showin' off me new pirate finery. :D

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

You're welcome to join up with Tales of the Seven Seas! We're always happy to have new pirates and even provide loaner gear available if you don't have your own costuming. The event coordinators at the Pirate Faire will allow groups to add names to the gate list until September. So if you'd like me to add you to our gate list, just drop me an email with your real name on it at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Actually Quill, I be on yer mailin' list cuz I gets yer e-mail notices. <_<

So, AYE, anything t'save me coppers. I'll be sendin' ye an e-mail with me "personal effects". :D

I gots me kit ready, I jus has t'turn me underskirt into sea pants. Bought me a fine pistol at the faire in San Bernadino an I needs a place t'try 'er out.

hook_banner2.jpg

Ah, thank'ee kindly privateer.

The good RumbaRue did her best t'notify me o'the closin' date fer applyin' t'the PRP, but alas I missed it. <_<

So I'll be payin' me shillin's wit' the rest o'them but it be fer a good cause.

I'll be lookin' forward t'seein' me mates and showin' off me new pirate finery. :D

What closing date to apply for PRP?! There is no closing date! to apply for PRP! Capt. Grey you can apply anytime you wish and audition at Ojai if you wish! Please do I'd like to see you join! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

What closing date? I don't think I stated anything o' such did I? We're always open!

I did notify ye that we're havin' our 11th Anniversay Party at the end o' July an' if'n ye wanted ta get in on it, get yer app. in.

Sorry if'n ye mistook somethin' I wrote.

Rumba Rue

**May the Force Be With Us!** :huh:

Ah RumbaRue, the fault be mine. I be not readin' yer text aright.

But I do plan t'be joinin' up with the PRP after me big event at Comic-Con (July 21-25). Me pistol and me dagger are itchin' t'be brandished! :)

I missed the Ojai Faire last year and I don't intends t'do so again. Too many of me pirate mates I wants t'meet.

Drink up me hearties, yo ho! :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

:lol: I'm looking at me calendar wondering how I can do both the Dana Point Tall Ship and the Ojai Faire. :lol: But me mates going to China and I would have to bring me youngins if I were to try and make it. Now don't say "Bring them along". You haven't met me criminals and they make the naughty pirates of Ojai look like SAINTS and they only be 10, 9 and 7 years old. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Now don't say "Bring them along". You haven't met me criminals and they make the naughty pirates of Ojai look like SAINTS and they only be 10, 9 and 7 years old. :lol:

Ooooh, go aheag now and bring 'em along.

I be after need'n fresh bait!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif