Dodgeball!

John_Young

I saw the movie Dodgeball last night. Frelling hillarious!

Best part is, Steve the Pirate! A must see.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

heh... regardless he's played by Alan Tudyk, who played Wash on Firefly and was in Knight's Tale. Dang funny actor.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

Ooooooooooo.... I sat through 20 min of a screening and left.

I thought they locked the doors on those screenings so nobody can escape? :lol:

With movies costing $10/person I don't see too many in the theater. Although I'll probably go see the SpongeBob Movie just to get a glimpse of Patchy the Pirate. :D

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

With movies costing $10/person I don't see too many in the theater.

My dear girl....

...for something the dreadful I would have shot the lock of'n the doors.

I didn't have too though, it was a studio screening and we could come and go as we wished.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Um... #1, the movie doesn't suck. Check the numbers. It's doing quite well.

#2 Dodgeball is banned. For kids still in school. For us adults, we can play it whenever we choose. Check the Game Show Network. And adult leagues do exist.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

#2 Dodgeball is banned. For kids still in school. For us adults, we can play it whenever we choose. Check the Game Show Network. And adult leagues do exist.

Now, now... don't be taken offence here lad. :lol:

Folks like to voice their opinions 'tis all. and thank the Sea Gods that we are free to do so here. Within reason of course. :lol:

I know allot of people like that sort of thing. Other's find it unentertaining.

It was very sherrod timing to release it when there was really not much else out there to compete with AND at the start of summer when more youngsters were out of schol and were free to hit the screens.

Really, it's all about tiiming and not always about movie quality.

:lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Folks like to voice their opinions 'tis all. and thank the Sea Gods that we are free to do so here. Within reason of course. :lol:

Really, it's all about tiiming and not always about movie quality.

:lol:

Well numbers don't always speak of quality. I can think of alot of number one movies that were terrible. Can't you? It's just an opinion that's all John. Not a reflection on you or your taste in movies. OK? :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

It looked very lame to me. 

I would have thought so, too, but having watched "Zoolander" recently I have to say I'm willing to give it a try. I thought "Zoolander" was just quirky enough to be really funny. But I admit, I would never have watched it if a friend of mine hadn't had the DVD and she made me watch it.

Now, if you thought "Zoolander" was dumb, then I'm guessing "Dodgeball" won't be your cup of tea, either. I'm not entirely sure what connection the films have besides Ben Stiller.

And I as far as my taste in movies -- well, :lol:

But, the point is, "Dodgeball" has a pirate in it, huh?

OK.

It looked very lame to me. 

I. I'm not entirely sure what connection the films have besides Ben Stiller.

And I as far as my taste in movies -- well, :lol:

But, the point is, "Dodgeball" has a pirate in it, huh?

OK.

Maybe it is Ben Stiller! A pirate in a movie would get me to see about any film but the Ben Stiller thing could be the reason I won't see this one. It's the same with Adam Sandler. And I'm half Jewish! :lol:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

With movies costing $10/person I don't see too many in the theater. Although I'll probably go see the SpongeBob Movie just to get a glimpse of Patchy the Pirate. :lol:

Had I known there was a pirate in "Dodgeball", I would have gone to the movie opening day! They need to include stuff like that in their advertising... "Dodgeball...This movie features a pirate!"

Do you know how much money they could have made if the general public was actually aware there was a pirate in the film?!?! That's just bad marketing on their part...

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

Maybe it is Ben Stiller!  A pirate in a movie would get me to see about any film but the Ben Stiller thing could be the reason I won't see this one.  It's the same with Adam Sandler. And I'm half Jewish!  :lol:

Adam Sandler, aye, I'm with you there. Funny for 15 seconds, maybe, but can't stand any more than that. Even though my brother swears that "Punch-Drunk Love" (I didn't see it) proves that he can act.

Of course, my chances of seeing "Dodgeball" while it's still in the theaters depends greatly on chance. With two kids, most movie outings are devoted to family fare. I suspect the next film I get to see will be "Spiderman 2" on Wednesday. My boys are totally pumped for that!

:lol: I dunno, I thought Dodgeball was bloody hysterical, an' the fact tha' it had a pirate in it was a definite lot of extra points. As fer the game o' dodgeball, has it really been outlawed in schools? cos I were in middle school on'y 5 years ago, an' we played it in gym class all the time.

I saw Dodgeball. it was just as I expected...not a "good" film by any means, but fun and entertaining. I agree that Steve The Pirate gave it an added bonus. I felt so bad for him at the end :D

I am a big fan of funny movies of the Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller genre too.

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Aye, T'was damned funny. And Steve the Pyrate is a riot.

And dodgeball should never have been banned, it's why kids today are wimps.

"Oh, are you going outside? Better wear your helmet!"

tell me about it. Me mum were always concerned fer me safety as a youngun, but never o'er cautious. She learned me ta swim about the same time as walkin'. Encouraged me ta play ice hockey she did. :blink: Slashin's an bruises no object

Interesting bit of information that just came down the pike...

Sammy, the main robot seen in trailers for "I, Robot", is Steve the Pirate.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

That would be the best movie in the history of American Cinema!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

Ah movies can be tricky things. Never be offended if someone thinks a movie you liked was crap. I remember when the Avengers came out I thought it was marvelously entertaining...told a bunch of my friends about it right before this older friend showed up and panned it like a stir-fry. I was feelin' all insulted for about 5 minutes until I realized that the bits she didn't like were t he bits I really liked so screw her.

Then there was the girl I once heard proclaim that "...the best movie of 1995 was Clueless." Same year as Braveheart came out. We all have our different tastes and opinions an' were going to subject others to them whethere they want to be or not.

* :ph34r: *

blackeye susan