To build a boat...

The lil boat is coming along great there mate !!

A little back up motor is never a bad idea. I've been in small channels under wind power only. it can be done and is a nice challange but when the wind is dead on up the channel it can get a bit tireing. so what did ya think of the lil 11 footer ? fun huh ? the is no substitute for time on the water.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*blows thread off*

Fer any o' you still interested in the progress of the Vector prototype (provisionally named "peridinos"), there be much to report.

The hull is functionally finished, needs one more coat o' epoxy and some paint. The centerboard is done. The spars are turned (need varnishing). She needs to be decked, painted, ruddered.

Biggest news is that the sail has been started. But... my sewing machine crapped out with the slick, thick, fabric. I'll resume the sewing upon getting a new machine (perhaps borrowing Royaliste's) or fixing my own.

The sail is Dacron, custom designed and pre-cut from Sailrite. Ran me shy of 300 frogskins, and it comes with everything needed but the machine (including grommets and the tool for them).

So not *too* long now, mates! Realistically, wot with school and the like, I'd say early July... :huh:

Sorry bout the lack of pictures, I didn't pay my server bill and all the digital pics are on the computer in Santa Fe instead o' here in CA.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't believe I missed this thread!

What progress have you made since the last update DP?

Here's me own vessel, a replica of a 17th century 20ft ship's skiff, launched a few weeks back after a year in the building.

boat3SWPF.jpg

Now to finish them canoes and start on the 29ft longboat

Good luck with yourn DP! :lol:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk