a little bit

chesapeake

an introduction for the newb.

i'm chesapeake, but can be shortened to chesa if you like. i'm named for a bay that's on the opposite side of the country as i am, and i've never been there. i'm nineteen years old. i hope that's not terribly young around here.

in any case. i am new to "the pirate scene," but i've appreciated pirates for a long time. actually, i live in anaheim california, and one of the defining moments of my childhood was getting a fortune card for a quarter from the machine in the shop just outside the exit of pirates of the caribbean (the ride). on the one side it had a fortune, and the other had an index of jolly roger flags and the pirates who used them. i was thrilled... and have dabbled in the study of pirates ever since, though i'm no expert, and you'll all have to help me fix that.

so. i think that's all for now. i'm always embarrassed to introduce myself on a new message board.....

Welcome aboard!

Your name speaks of a great place for pirate lore and seafood.

I was beheaded near there in 1718.... no wait, that was some other unfortunate soul. :ph34r:

Anyway, some tidbits for a newb:

1) Never swab the decks with rum. It tends to distract the crew. :ph34r:

2) Never learn the ropes with the wind in yer face. You could get blown away.

3) Never stand behind a cannon. It could become lodged in your ear.

4) If it comes to it, shoot first, slash if you must, forget about asking questions later.

5) Some pirate somewhere will ALWAYS have a bigger or faster or more successful vessel than you. Happily join or stay far away, 'cause there ain't nothin' worse than Pirate Envy. :ph34r:

Captain Sage

Ahoy there Orange County, Southern California, that be home to bands like No Doubt, Social Distortion, The Adolescents, Agent Orange the original line up of T.S.O.L. and the Crowd.

Sorry, for going so far back with the OC Punk Rock history. I grew up not to far from Disneyland myself, up near the 55 and Katella.

Arr, and there be all sorts of active pirate types in your area.

Ironically, I be on the opposite coast from you now in Virginia, just about 2-3 hours away from your name sake, the Chesapeake Bay.

Welcome aboard!

And a Fine Welcome to ya Lass....

Ah, yer well name'd fer bein' on the account...

Chesapeake was, n' still is a fine place fer pyratical folk...

Com'on in, 'ave a sit-down, a full tankard, and an open ear... plenty o' talk ta keep ya here fer hours, or days...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Welcome aboard, lass. Anaheim has a grand pyratical tradition, fer it be the home of the original "Pirates of the Caribbean." I grew up not far either - within walking distance of Disneyland (if you consider approx. 4 miles to be walking distance - which I obviously do, fer I did that walk quite a bit).

Now, I've been to the Chesapeake Bay, and crossed a bridge by that name too. Do you know there is a book about you? Called "Pirates of the Chesapeake", by Donald Shomette. Came out in '85 so shouldn't be too hard to come across.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"Really bad eggs."

--Capt. Jack Sparrow, in "Pirates of the Caribbean"

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Ahoy Chesapeake.... I live here near the bay that bears your name. I grew up on that bay. I have fished it, gone crabbing in it and swam in it and just about anything else you can think of. I even lived on it in a boat for a brief time. Can you tell us why you were named for it.

As far as the book Jamaica Rose has spoken of; I have it and have read it. It is a well written book and is filled with a great deal of information. I reccomend it to everyone.

You will want to speak with my fair Katey also. She grew up in California and would love to swap stories of home.

Anyhow, welcome Chesapeake. I hope you are as wonderful a person as your name....... The Capt.

i was named for it because my parents are crazy. my sister's name is gretchen, which is more common, i suppose, but not so much here... in america.

yes. oc is is home to much of ska, and a bit of punk. =) thank you all for the kind welcome.

I hope you are not as bummed out about your name as you sound. The namesake you have is more than just a bay. For its name is a part of history with both our countries. If you want some real interesting reading, look up how the bay got the name in the first place. Just a thought. ... The Capt.

Ahoy there Orange County, Southern California, that be home to bands like No Doubt, Social Distortion, The Adolescents, Agent Orange the original line up of T.S.O.L. and the Crowd.

Sorry, for going so far back with the OC Punk Rock history. I grew up not to far from Disneyland myself, up near the 55 and Katella.

Arr, and there be all sorts of active pirate types in your area.

Ironically, I be on the opposite coast from you now in Virginia, just about 2-3 hours away from your name sake, the Chesapeake Bay.

Welcome aboard!

55 and Katella NO WAY. I grew up near Glasell and Chapman and graduated from Orange High in 85. Had a view of the Big A right outside my bedroom window and first job was Dland itself. Sweet. A fellow OC Brat

Hmmmm....

Named such as yer parents are crazy..... Another good start fer bein' in th' sweet trade!!!! :ph34r:

Again I says a fine name Chesapeake be....

Who on this here list would name their child Sally Trunion?

Or Jack?

:)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Ahoy there PirateMunkee! I actually use to live not far from there off Palm near the Orange circle. Then later I moved over by Kattella and the 55, finished up me High School at Villa Park, graduated in 81'.

Ahoy there PirateMunkee! I actually use to live not far from there off Palm near the Orange circle. Then later I moved over by Kattella and the 55, finished up me High School at Villa Park, graduated in 81'.

I lived really close to the circle. Villa Park huh? Had tons of friends who went to Villa. Used to go there all the time since we didn't have a football stadium, our home games were at your field.

LOL No kidding, our field sucked!

Yep, I be a weenie on the hill...

Oh um ah, anyway I think we be hijacking poor Chesapeake's thread long enough, we should continue talking about life behind the Orange Curtain in PM or email.

• 8 years later...

Ha ha ha! Go look at post #3 in this thread. (Pirate geek!)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG