What be happen'n wit the Sunday evening live chat?

Stynky Tudor

For the last couple or three Sundays I be showing up for the Sunday evening live chat but, there doesn't seem to be anyone else around and no conversations to join in with. Granted I be showing up on the late side of 10:30 east coast time...

Has the live chat thing been happening and I'm just showing up to late?

I was wondering the same thing Stynky.. I too show up a lot, also late.... usually around 11:30pm. As that is the time I get home from work When I do spy our fellow members here, none are interested in doing much chatting. Perhaps it is simply the late hour of our arrival..Alas. what is one to do but, sit and drink and ponder the question more.... nahhhh... The Capt. :ph34r:

Ladds n' Lasses,

Hmmm, I too, have been stopping in ta see what's goin' on in the chat to find the same... I try ta rove the cyber seas between 9:30 n' 11:30 EST an' frequently refresh th' site ta see who mayhap shown up... to no avail...

Mebbee by then ye've all had a few too many tots o' rum?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 2 weeks later...

Arr, there be Captain Sage and Iron Bess that showed up on Sunday and chatted for awhile. We got started a bit late, around 11:00 pm Eastern Time.

Using me tabbed web browser, I noticed that once a person joins chat, their name disappears from the front of the forum page and makes the site look dead.

So anybody that be interested should stop by the chat area even if it appears to be empty.

I concur, the message is valid.

Since I could not imagine someone chatting for 60 seconds and leaving, I interpreted the "Join Us at 10" thing to mean, "We'll go from 10 until some long time later," and thought I could find lotsa folks still being gabby at 11. Will try harder to '10' it next time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a rousing good chat w/ Stynky and Iron Bess(she seems quite the live round :o ), and I mean that most respectful-like.

Maybe Stynky is on to somethin' with this disappearing name thing. We in chat even wondered if we were there once. :huh:

Anywho, you never know until you show.

Captain Sage

Guest Angus MacVox

I put some instructions on the chat page that may be helpful... part of the problem could be that folks are ending up in different rooms and not realizing it.