Jamestown Landing Day (VA Beach/Newport News area)

Paisley

Since we got gutted out of going to morehead blackbeard festival, would anyone care to run amuk around jamestown, sat 15th may?

please contact me if you want to get together there.

zorg-you'd better come!

here's more info on subject:

Jamestown Settlement

Jamestown Landing Day

May 15

Maritime demonstrations and interpretive activities exploring contact between European and Virginia Indian cultures mark the 397th anniversary of the founding of America's first permanent English colony. Special programs also are held at Historic Jamestowne, administered by the National Park Service and APVA Preservation Virginia.

Today at Jamestown Settlement, the story of the people who founded Jamestown and of the Virginia Indians they encountered is told through film, gallery exhibits and living history. Gallery exhibits (opening in early 2004) trace Jamestown's beginnings in England and the first century of the Virginia colony and describe the cultures of the Powhatan Indians, Europeans and Africans who converged in 1600s Virginia. Outdoors, visitors can board replicas of the three ships that sailed from England to Virginia in 1607, explore life-size re-creations of the colonists' fort and a Powhatan village, and tour a riverfront discovery area to learn about European, Powhatan and African economic activities associated with water. In the outdoor areas, costumed historical interpreters describe and demonstrate daily life in the early 17th century.

most important....THE SHIPS!

The Susan Constant, Godspeed and Discovery -

re-creations of three ships that brought English colonists to Virginia in 1607 – are moored at Jamestown Settlement’s pier for visitors to explore. Visitors can learn about the four-and-a-half-month voyage from England and take part in periodic demonstrations of 17th-century piloting and navigation.

shipcover.jpg

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Aye, I love Jamestown!

Since I moved to the east coast almost 2 years ago, I’ve visited the reconstructed fort, toured the living history bits and the ships a few times now. At some point I want to actually tour the archeological dig site that's just up the road from it.

If I remember correctly, there be some camping sites off that way as well. . .

Anyway, it’s to early to tell for sure about the camping bit, but I’m game for hooking up and doing a visit.

did i hear camping????

found this place:

Anvil Campground

8 miles away from jamestown, 3 from williamsburg.

they also have a 10% off coupon on website.

headcount so far:

me n micah..........yes

zorg......................no

stynky..................yes?

cherly...................yes?

flint.......................no

teamtunafish........??

captcat..................no

el p you live near there, wot say???

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• 3 weeks later...

have not heard from anyone else and the date is moving closer....

i'm still planning on going....should i be on the lookout for anyone??

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Well it looks like the rest of me boarding party might have other plans that day, but I still plan on attending the Jamestowne Landing event!

. . .not likely to camp though. . .

ummmmm

looks like me n you stynky

think you can handle it?????

lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

As I don't seem to be having duty that day. I just might take a trip with me family and check out what the landlubbers have to offer. :)

You'd best start believin' in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one.

. . .me n you stynky

think you can handle it?????

Aye, I can handel it. pirateWink.gif

Plus it looks like Creed and his boarding party might be showing up.

I love that place, plus getting to climbing aboard and wander the ships, I always have fun.

I must have been sleeping and missed the MTA, Military Through the Ages event this year, happened back in March. They use to have a colonial style pirate encampment, Merrick's Privateers from Maryland use to do it, I didn't see them there last year though.

Speaking of no-shows, why isn't Zorgy going to be therequestion.gif

Stynky Tudor Posted on May 5 2004, 08:59 AM

Speaking of no-shows, why isn't Zorgy going to be there

stynky-

think there might be something going on with his job/school/theater thing...

shall we kidnap him???

did you get my email on cheap hotel???

creed-

i'd love to me you & family...hope you will garb up!

stynky-

we are grabing up, right???????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

stynky-

lmao!!!

i could've corrected it...but it was too funny!!!!

i meant to type garbing

:lol::P:lol:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

. . .why isn't Zorgy going. . .

stynky-

think there might be something going on with his job. . .

I don't know, work doesn't sound like a good enough excuse to me. . . That tis just as lame of an excuse as having a bike ride scheduled. pirateWink.gif

. . . did you get my email on cheap hotel???

Aye, I got the email on the cheap hotel. Sorry for not replying, I had assumed it were part of a mass pirate emailing until just now when I saw that only a few of us from the board be planning on going.

stynky-

The grabbing up, is always a good pirate thing do.

As for garbing up, this is a 'Living History', wander around, see and explore the exhibits type of event rather than a dress-up act-out faire or festival type of thing. I'm sure that people that work there will be dressed in period costume doing demonstrations. And though Jamestowne would have been lost - abandoned, if not for English Privateers coming to the rescue, I wouldn’t expect there to be any Pirates, Seadogs or Privateers.

As for garbing up, this is a 'Living History', wander around, see and explore the exhibits type of event rather than a dress-up act-out faire or festival type of thing.

ohhhhhhh...ok

: (

guess i'll just wear my skull tank top : )

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I be kinda of short on the pyrate garb but I'll do me best anyhow.

~ Creed/ Mike

You'd best start believin' in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one.

should we meet at a certain place? time?

exchange cell numbers?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Prison Cel numbers?

Sure. I will be in Cel block #9.

:(

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Nigel Posted on May 10 2004, 09:19 PM

Prison Cel numbers?

Sure. I will be in Cel block #9.

ahhhh migel me luv....do they allow conjugal visits???? :ph34r:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Do you ever get Deja vu?

:ph34r:

Yeah, me too.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

sooooooooooo

are we meeting or wha???

stynky-

did you find a room? where are you booked at?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

ok...well...i hope to hear from you stynky and creed.

iffin you guys do show up we (micah n i) will be staying at the williamsburg motor coach friday night.

couldn't pass up the $40 price!!!

http://www.mywilliamsburgvacation.com/hote...tem=166&Top=106

i'll try to send ya'll my cell number

i'll most likely be wearing a little tee shirt with a skull on it and my red/gray camelbak (backpack)

micah has a long blonde ponytail

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I be kinda of short on the pyrate garb but I'll do me best anyhow.

~ Creed/ Mike

Creed, Not to be harshing yar Pirate mellow, but this ain't that sort of event. . . fer dress-up I mean. Save it for Hampton Festival.

sooooooooooo

are we meeting or wha???

stynky-

did you find a room? where are you booked at?

Paisley me darling,

We’re not planning on staying over night, we’re just going to drive in for the day, hang out with you and whoever else shows up, see and take pictures of the exhibits and then likely dinner over at Olive Garden before before we head back.