Crimson Pirate

Red Maria

I was watching the newly released DVD of Crimson Pirate last night when I heard the voice of Saurman himself. Low and behold it was Christopher Lee! Young and handsome. A samll role but he stands out.

Did you know he's made over 200 films?

Would would have thunk it. And I thought I was just going to enjoy Burt Lancaster swinging around shirtless through alot of the movie. :P

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

A young Christopher Lee plays the Captain of the Spanish warship Nativadad in Captain Horatio Hornblower starring Gregory Peck

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Rrrrrrrrrrrr... The Crimson Pirate be one of my favorite films of that time.

You gotta love Oh Ho (Captains sidekick)

and all them stunts they done themselves. Fun movie, shallow in plot but loaded with good hearted action fun.

Wouldn't mind see it taday since I'm still stuck in the house for a day more..

:blink:

Ooops. Sorry.

Yes, I meant Mr. Lee. Also great as Count Dooku in "Attack of the Clones" (shamelss Star Wars plug!).

Lee was also great in The Wicker Man. A part that was written for him. One of my favorite films.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

• 2 weeks later...
Ooops. Sorry.

Yes, I meant Mr. Lee. Also great as Count Dooku in "Attack of the Clones" (shamelss Star Wars plug!).

What a wonderful occurance that Christopher Lee was able to book end the Star Wars franchise with his long, deceased freind Peter Cushing. Together the two of them gave me many a sleepless night with the body of work they produced with the Hammer films.

This was one of the first pirate movies my children and I watched a long time ago. Much to the chagrin of thier mother we were marching around the sofa table as the opening score played.

I also loved him in the "Island of Dr. Fu Manchu", argueably one of the worst films ever made, but MST3K did a LOVELY send up of it.

:lol:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Indeed, Maria, "Wicker Man" is an amazing little film.

And Elke Summer is an amazing......oh never mind.... :lol:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Oh Zorg that was Britt Ekland dancing around naked not Elke Sommers. I guess all thoses blond Swedish women look alike. B)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

And my favortie quote from the film

Sergeant Howie : But they are... are naked!

Lord Summerisle: Naturally! It's much too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency