CostumeCon 22 in Atlanta

As ye scurvy dogs are well aware (be it by seeing or because ye stepped on my pins in the pub..OW!), Penny's got a sewin' kick in her, particularly in the realms of costuming.

Anyway, yours truly has been convinced by a friend to go to CostumeCon 22 in Atlanta in a little less than a month. Now...I KNOW that there has to be some pirates about in that end of the water. May'aps some of ye are even going to be ATTENDING this fine event. I couldn'a say for sure.

I say if this be the case, then there needs to be a gatherin' in the bar or somethin'. Perhaps a good proper gang of scallywags needs to gather together and haunt the halls...because this convention NEEDS pirates!

An' if nothin' else, ye can wish your Penny good luck as she enters her first Masquerade costume competition.

*readies the space in her suitcase for the possibility of piraticals!* :huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Arrr! Good luck t'ye lassie. Be sure to take pictures.

The only masquerade I entered were Comic-Con 2002; and it weren't me in the costume even. Me oldest cabin boy bears a strickin' resemblance t'that Potter boy. B)

sean_harry2.jpg

He was the first contestant in the contest and this was his first appearance in front of a live audience (of 5000). He had no stage fright whatsoever. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrr! Good luck t'ye lassie. Be sure to take pictures.

The only masquerade I entered were Comic-Con 2002; and it weren't me in the costume even. Me oldest cabin boy bears a strickin' resemblance t'that Potter boy.  B)

He was the first contestant in the contest and this was his first appearance in front of a live audience (of 5000). He had no stage fright whatsoever. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck.  B)

The kid looks amazing, dear..very much like the young Mr. Potter indeed. :) Though I am curious...what would he do if he saw THIS coming at him in the hallway?

malfoycomparison.jpg

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Where can I find info on CC22? Is there a website?

http://www.cc22.org

Tickets jumped up to 80 for the weekend recently, but it's a 3 day weekend (Friday to Monday) so it's probably about right per day.

I don't think they currently have day-pass prices.. B)

Though I am curious...what would he do if he saw THIS coming at him in the hallway?

He'd be lovin' it, lassie. No modesty, false or otherwise, in that lad.

Ye needs t'bring that outfit to Comic-Con in July. Last year we had two Quiddich players and a referee walkin' the floor.

hook_banner2.jpg

Ye needs t'bring that outfit to Comic-Con in July. Last year we had two Quiddich players and a referee walkin' the floor.

Hee. Which house? *waves a little green and silver flag*

Temptin', I say. Now mind you, I don't know what I'll be up to for that presently, but it's a thought I will keep in mind. The problem with this costume, however, is that there are several layers: cloak, suit jacket, inner jacket/vest, and shirt...and thus when I'm all in it warmth is NOT a problem. In fact, it's almost TOO much of a problem, since I also have to wear a bald cap to work with the wig.

And given that it's San Diego we're talking about here...yie!

I'd be a very cookin' Malfoy, and I don't mean figuratively.

I am in the Atlanta area. I may hook up with ye if I'm not out of town doing an event. Stay in touch......

Of course :D I won't be able to get out of the hotel much (too many things going on at once) but the bar doesn't require you to buy admission to the con! ;)

*makes a lamented look towards suitcase* I think I'm going to be very overloaded...

Hmmmm.. now I am REALLY wishing I lived down there. Between Jack & Barbossa down there... as well as a fantastic crew of others...

Cascabel! I do hope you'll be frequenting GARF. I plan to go there in May (weekend of the 8th & 9th) to see a few other pirates.

Tis a pity it's a month from now... Plenty of pictures, all. Would love to see them. & hopefully, see a large crew of pirates.

I'll see if I can spread the word. ;)

Huzzah!

Anastazia

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Cascabel! I do hope you'll be frequenting GARF. I plan to go there in May (weekend of the 8th & 9th) to see a few other pirates.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

:lol:

Aye, I'll put in an appearance or two, depending on other committments. It's only 12 miles from my house. I used to work there, but it is during my busy season for pirate events, so I can't be there every weekend, so I show up when I can. I still have a daughter that works there.

>>>>> Cascabel

Hope to see you there, Cascabel! :lol:

I admit.. this would be my first Ren Faire... at all! I went to one that was breaking camp, so.... I really don't count that one. As with all events, I'm nervous & excited.

Very cool of the Malfoy pix. I'm not a Harry Potter fan.. but dear God do I LOVE Jason Isaacs! He's so sweet...

Huzzah!

Anastazia

:lol:

Very cool of the Malfoy pix. I'm not a Harry Potter fan.. but dear God do I LOVE Jason Isaacs! He's so sweet...

A sweet man who plays some dastardly wonderful villians.

Tavington, Malfoy, Hook...he just doesn't seem to go wrong.

What's funny is that picture of me as Malfoy is one of the best of one bad mess of pictures in my opinion...

I will hopefully resolve that with CostumeCon. I may need to have someone in the audience actually catch my performance on video...

(so I can fully embarass myself for all of you!)

And given that it's San Diego we're talking about here...yie!

I'd be a very cookin' Malfoy, and I don't mean figuratively.

Try being a Stormtrooper or Darth Vader. Those blokes take their group picture at 3 in the afternoon on the HOT staircase out back. YIKES!

Sorry t'be takin' this thread off-topic, but anyone interested in Comic-Con (another fine display fer costumes) can PM or e-mail me. :lol:

I wants t'see lots o'pictures from this Costuming Con ye be talkin' about.

hook_banner2.jpg

Sorry t'be takin' this thread off-topic, but anyone interested in Comic-Con (another fine display fer costumes) can PM or e-mail me. :lol:

I'm calling this one "tentative". I'd LIKE to go, and if I can afford it and get all the travel situated, I could very well hop in on it. I'll probably hold off on doing the masquerade on that one (will need a break after CostumeCon and BayCon), but I'll definitely be wandering the halls, either as Lucius, or in my in-progress Mina Harker/LXG costume.

I wants t'see lots o'pictures from this Costuming Con ye be talkin' about.

I'm hoping to pull off as many as possible, though I do have that horrible habit of becoming so busy doing things that I don't pull the camera out. I want to get some of the "becoming Lucie" pictures together, however, so people can see the hell I go through to turn myself into a man!

In comparison, Mina will be SOOOO much easier.

• 4 weeks later...

*crawling in from the hole in the wall*

Ohmy. I be a tired lass indeed.

LOOOOONG weekend. But very VERY worth it :)

The final results were three awards for the Lucius costume: Best Documentation, Best Recreation, and Best Tailoring.

But..here's the REALLY fun part.

One certain "Captain Jack Sparrow" got himself th' Best Novice Award!!!

Heh... Can ye hear it now, mates? Mr. Malfoy..in all o' his irritation..

"....bloody PIRATE!!"

T'was well-deserved, mates. An' I can say I 'ad a wee touch o' my own help in this, because I talked th' blighter into comin' to the convention!

More on it all as I get to it. So many pictures to collect up and show...

Arrr!! B)

Aye! So I heard from the fantastic Captain. :)

Still awaiting a good report from CostumeCon from him. As well as photos.

Please... inform us more about what happened! :huh:

:ph34r:

Well done, Penny! Huzzah! :huh:

But fer dressin as a man, me friend does Obi-Wan Kenobi - complete with beard which takes over two hours to apply (and people don't know he's a she). :ph34r: And her Indiana Jones takes 4 hours to apply the stubble.

hook_banner2.jpg

I'm trying to throw some of it together in my LiveJournal, slowly but surely.

The pictures I have are here, I just need to upload those too.

Ironically enough, no pictures of the award-winning costume of mine on this camera. They're all on everyone ELSE's cameras :ph34r:

Bugger!

cc223.jpg

Just one of many...I need to do a quick and dirty upload here at some point.

That's the Narcissa costume, however. Still need to get Lucius ones.