wanted

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I love the Syke's Sutlery's web site!

I just wish I could afford everything I want from there, a bandolier, a dozen or so bottles, a matchlock rifle, a rifle stand.

But fer now I'll just have to be happy with replica pistols. I have been thinking about turning some faux bottles on the lath...

• 5 years later...

This question came up on another forum as well, and got me to thinking, I need a set and preferably by the beginning of March. Sykes is aparently back ordered (6+ months wait). I will be looking to place my order mid-January, anyone know a source that I can rely on receiving these from by the end of February? I'd prefer to avoid ordering from overseas (as I know England has a fair number of sources for these), but if I see a strong enough endorsement for an overseas vendor that is good about rurnaround and shipping times, I would consider it.

Cheers, and thanks in advacne for any help or advice.

Michael_banner.jpg

Eye have a friend that makes them..stynky has a set from him so he can attest to quality..

myspace.com/gilthefishinseadog is his -E- mail

Here be a tease...

m_9a7f86e329de0afb1e500d91ed2c3c0e.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Here is a late 17th Century Version

1680s.JPG

Check out,

http://www.bandoliers.co.uk/bando/bando.htm

In the UK, but they have em'

GOF

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I've been looking for them as well. I've contacted both the gent in the UK and Sykes and have yet to even get a reply. So I'd be really interested to hear how I can get either of these vendors to actually sell me a set of these.

Eyes - think I'll be contacting your friend - I hope he's more communicative than either of those guys.

RHJMap.jpg

I inquired some time ago with Sykes and wanted to order some. But he replied they were 120 grains each. So I went with the Willie's solution because they hold and exact charge of 65 for my gun - all I need for the pan and the barrel. At PiP I was shooting 2 to 1 with them on the line -- plus they are sized to pour right into the barrel without a spill. Not period correct apostles for wearing, but if you want premeasures for shooting without cartridges these are quick and easy and exact.

-- Hurricance

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

You Bastid, You cut my head off!

Thats funny ..Eye will take the credit though Gil was the one who took the pic! eagh eagh..

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

I inquired some time ago with Sykes and wanted to order some. But he replied they were 120 grains each. So I went with the Willie's solution because they hold and exact charge of 65 for my gun - all I need for the pan and the barrel. At PiP I was shooting 2 to 1 with them on the line -- plus they are sized to pour right into the barrel without a spill. Not period correct apostles for wearing, but if you want premeasures for shooting without cartridges these are quick and easy and exact.

-- Hurricance

actually depends on early or late GAoP...this age is known for very overlapping and techinical advances in everything from weapons to ships....early impressions can still git away with chargers....(apostles )...speacially if your also carrin a doglock...

sorry forgot to add were i gots mine.....ah...cant remember.....he was as sutler in PORT WASHINGTON wis..pirate event....kept his card...just cant remeber where i kept it??? he was camped by us on the grassy knowl...anyone there remember him???

510.jpg

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I'm just about ready to debut the ones I'm making.

I need some ideas for the size of the bag that goes with the bandolier.

Soon's I get the cap to my satisfaction I'll be ready to go into production, if I get some interest. once I have one I'm happy with I'll post a picture.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 95% OK with this model, just picked up brass for the sleeve and finally got some nice soft mat'l for the shot bag. Bandolier and shot bag will be a little bit longer but I'm getting there, (now lets see if I can put the pic in.....while I'm at it check out the new lantern design......)

100_0476.jpg

100_0474.jpg

The new lantern is the one on the left.

Huzzah...I did it!

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

Very Nice! Now Hand it over! eagh eagh...

excellent for ye period camp site.

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Very nice. I know some of my crewe would be interested in both the lantern and the apostles. Are you going to have any at Searles?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'm not gonna be Searles we'll be at Tallahasse, Natural Bridge Battlefield.

What's that some of you may be askin' yerselves?

I'm gonna make a prediction (like a likkered up Nostadamus) about 150 years from now a new nation will be founded on the landmass that lies to NW of where we now sail, this nation will be built on natural resources like tobacco, corn and taxes for the King and after being thankful for the smoking section that was conceived in liberty, etc, etc, it will break away from the Crown :lol: !

This nation will leave England because it will be overtaxed and the people will be tea'd off about it and after a party the New England patriots will bring forth a more perfect union.

Then about 4 score and 7 years after that the more perfect Union will invade the Southern Consorts because they'll believe that they have more sway with the Crown again because of the natural resources... I'm gettin' tired and this is gettin kinda circular ain't it? :huh:

Anyway in about 340 years I'll be at Tallahasee once again defendin the only state capital that the more perfect union didn't sack (like Panama City.... that was for you Hurricane ... er ...Cap'n Morgan)

Back to the original subject, just send me a PM and I'll happily divulge my cell # or e-mail and we can make arrangements to get together. I'm not too far from ya'll in central Fl and I'll be all over the stae in the next 3 mos. doin the CW circuit

Thanks for readin,

Jim

Self Promoter Jim

Here's some pics of a batch I'm working on now.

100_0479.jpg

This one I made from a dead branch in the backyard I believe it's Magnolia. Lots of branches from the tropical storms leftover in the yard by the last owners. the coloring is unusual.

100_0482.jpg

Self Promoter Jim

The brass sleeve on this batch is being cut to hold 120 grains, with the way I'm makin' 'em I can customize the charge for a specific need. They all hold way more powder than I'm used to makin' rounds for. In CW we typically use 60 gr, that's what I've makin' pre rolled rounds for the last 10 years. But as I said whatever the weapon needs that's what I can do.

Jim

Self Promoter Jim