wanted

This is the first incarnation of the shot bag, I've seen different sizes, but something along this line seems to be the most common:

100_0485.jpg

The material behind is for a different project, Victorian Smoking Hat

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

• 2 weeks later...

Mine roughly hold about 120 grain. As long as I don't need more than that - I just pre-measure what I do need a head of time to stow the powder. Basically I would just be using them as glorified charge cups - not as actual powder measures.

med_gallery_201_13_734504.jpg

I can't wait for mine. I had Sutlerjon make them with a shorter drill depth for 80 grains so I don't have to measure separately. Enough to prime and powder the gun.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I can't wait for mine. I had Sutlerjon make them with a shorter drill depth for 80 grains so I don't have to measure separately. Enough to prime and powder the gun.

-- Hurricane

I'm takin a lunch break, I'll get back on them in a couple minutes Cap'n. Did ya like the shot of your bandolier I sent you?

Jim

Self Promoter Jim

Yes, it was great! Sorry, been down with the plague the past day or so. Damned vermon.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Yes, it was great! Sorry, been down with the plague the past day or so. Damned vermon.

-- Hurricane

Aye an' I hope your bubos are getting better. Don't forget to fill yer pockets with posies so's ya won't be smellin' so vile. Ya oughta be picklin' yerself in rum it'll make ya not care how bad ya feel, an it might make you sterile! I mean sterilize ya ..... kill the vermin!

Jim

Self Promoter Jim

• 3 weeks later...

My shot bag is brimming with lead and the apostles are all loaded. Me mates hate me for it. All is good in my world. Thanks again!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Hot off the bench!

100_0489.jpg

Bandolier with shot bag and 10 chargers

This is the set w/out my big self

100_0495.jpg

Be grateful that I didn't show the profile shot, (my cameras broken it adds waaaaay more'n 10 lbs)

ok...gotta ask....wot are the rings on the strings above the stopper fer??....i dinna have any on me set???....and just cant deciefer why in the pics??

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

the rings slide to the bottom of the line and keep the appostles from slamming around(well reduce the slamming) and wandering as you move. I'm not sure about P.C. but they are darned sure practical.

Edited by bbcddutchman

"" ok...gotta ask....wot are the rings on the strings above the stopper fer??....i dinna have any on me set???....and just cant deciefer why in the pics??""

I believe it is to keep them from tangling up when they swing. It prevents one from swinging around the other to some degree since the rings connect lines between two apostles.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

My shot bag is brimming with lead and the apostles are all loaded. Me mates hate me for it. All is good in my world. Thanks again!!!

-- Hurricane

You are most welcome sir. Now if we can get Animal's feet into your ball ...er .... shot sack we'll be doin a'right.

Tell yer mates to call me an' I can stop the Hate.

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

"" ok...gotta ask....wot are the rings on the strings above the stopper fer??....i dinna have any on me set???....and just cant deciefer why in the pics??""

I believe it is to keep them from tangling up when they swing. It prevents one from swinging around the other to some degree since the rings connect lines between two apostles.

As near as I can tell those last 2 answers are correct, as I handle them during assembly and packing and unpacking they don't seem to want to tangle at all. Also, and most importantly (for me anyway) all the pics I saw from across the pond seemed to have them on them. In particular the pics of English CW reenactors, they seem quite common to their rigs.

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

-- Hurricane

His toys are just a few of the things :P Sorry Capt'm, you opened yer self up fer that one. Had to take the soht when ever I gets the chance. ;)

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Fightin' hate.

don't want this to get lost in the depths.

Jim

I'll call you sometime at the end of next week to pick mine up!

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...