Black Beard festival Morehead

Lady Elaina

Awright, here we goes.

Paisley, there bein a certain futility to all group activities, why dont you make the call on the campsites and let us know what we need fer reservations, etc. All I asks is showers.

With our two large tents, we could set up a pretty hefty encampment. I think I have a propane stove we can bring.

Ill probably come down on friday or maybe late thursday, but I drive a metro, so carpooling would probably have to be in someone else's vehicle (It be 0-60 in an hour and fourty minutes as it is... :ph34r: )

Ennybody got a nice jolly rodger for the campsite?

:ph34r:

Z

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should declare ourselfs a crew fer the purposes o this thing.. :ph34r:

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

alright...i will take it upon myself to call and get the goods...i'll also get a pirate flag.

any ideas for a makeshift flagpole?

my boss is being a complete scruvy wench right now....she needs to get keel hauled...so...if i haven't quit by then, i'll probably leave friday afternoon

if i quit...i'll be there thurs. : )

:P:P:P:P

post your suggestions for our crew name!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

:P

Aye, Paisley... you are making it rather difficult for me to just commandeer a vehicle & make way out that direction. I've got 2 new pirate flags... including one with crimson red dots in the eyes. Rather wicked.

Again... alas.. I won't be able t' make it. Again... tell your captain... if next I be down that direction, he can "deal" with me. :P

So .... in the meantime... party double time in my stead! :P

Huzzah!

Forever Barbossa's,

Anastazia

aka THE Lady Barbossa (The one & only!)

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Now we're cookin.

Paisley, if ya wants, we can hook up and go down together...Probably should wait until a bit closer to event time to call that one though.

So who have we got for campin? You, me, Stynky, who else is game fer this?

Fill in the following:

Crew of the___________________

(Crew of the underscore? that doesn't work....... :ph34r: )

todays update:

waters edge has still not contacted me... : (

holiday trav-l park: if we are in tent or camper, we still pay the hookup rate $45 per night (beach area sites, i think). it's located ~20 miles away from morehead, there are no open fires : ( no grills (boooooo-hissss) we have to bring our own grill. we can camp at any site.

salter is closed until mar 26th, but i have emailed them requesting info.

zorg-sounds like a plan....pirate convoy ( i have a chevy cavilier coupe, capt metro)...lol

stynky-how many you coming down with?

nooooo idea on crew name lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I really liked "Polly wanna ocean" in the band names topic...

Or how bout

Crew of the ARRRRRRRRRRR! :ph34r::ph34r:

Caviler Coup, eh

Should figured youd drive one of them huge luxury cars.... :ph34r:

no...that would be my old fasioned mother...huge sunglasses, smoking her cigerette, driving a white lincoln cont.

when my dad drives it we call him huggybear

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I think old lincoln conts qualify as continental drift......

oog

sorry...hadda be done. :ph34r:

EMAIL RETURNED FROM SALTER PATH CAMPGROUND:

Arrh mates,

We welcome tenters, one tent per site, any available site.  Ask for a fire ring at the

registration desk and you'll get it.  No grill (if you have a big round one or long

rectangular one, bring it), though we do sell grill tops in the store.  You might want

to make your reservation soon (we make them by US Mail only until March 26, then

we'll take a phone reservation w/ MC or Visa for deposit) for best site selection.

Y'all have fun, I used to married to one of Sinbad's pirates...

Laura

my vote is for here...wot say you?

shall we decide on a set of sites so we can be next to each other?

from website:

You may make reservations for less than four (4) nights in the spring and fall anytime after we open on March 26, 2004

-----

A deposit of one night’s rent, applied towards your first night’s rental, is required at the time the reservation is made. The balance is due upon arrival and may be paid with cash, check, Master Card or Visa. Deposits for fall/summer will be: front row oceanfront, $40/43, oceanfront $37/39, under the trees Oceanside, $30/32, and soundfront $31/34.

-----

Minimum stays for reservations: 2 nights for weekends

-----

A 48-hour notice of cancellation or change of arrival date is required for deposit refund (example: you are due to arrive on Friday, you must cancel or notify office of a change in arrival by the Wednesday before).

-----

Check-in time for reservations is anytime after 2:30 pm (and before 11:00 pm). Check-out time is by 2:00 pm. Early check-in is available if your site is open on the day you arrive (you’ll need to call that morning to see if you site is open and ready). $15.00 will allow you to check in before noon, $10.00 will allow you to check in between noon and 2:30 pm. This option is only available if your reserved site is open before check-in time. If your site is not available, we regret that we have no parking available for you to wait. We can recommend beach access points and shopping where you can wait.

-----

35siteos.jpg35sitess.jpg

white $40, blue $37, light blue $30, light gray $27, gray $31

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Looks great, Paisley. So what's consensus, shall we go for beach or sound front......sound looks a bit more secluded. If its one tent per space, how many do we wanna get?

Hey, does anyone that's been to Morehead before know offhand their rules on sharp pointy things and things what goes boom? Peace ties? whut?

If we did something like get the 117, 119, 120 spaces we could make quite an...um

splash.

aw, you know what I means. :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

And just as a note, has anybody seen this place?

just thot Id ask. :rolleyes:

Boy the wooded ones look nice to. Everybody that's going go look at the site and put yr oar in....

http://camping.about.com/library/perfect/ucpcg520.htm

i'm thinkin 3 sites at least

(maybe 2...do you snore zorg????)

not sure how many stynky is bringing. or if anyone else is going...

either site is good for me.

ocean- alot of sand to deal with in your tent, but not as many mosquitos. i don't plan on swimming, but bonfire (if poss) on beach would be awesome. i can look for shells for hours.

sound- less sand! usually more mosquitos (i camp at assateague on bayside) and ticks...lol...i think the view would be cool, watch the boats go by. if we got those outside point sites, would be great too.

maybe i can reserve 3 sites next to each other? can always cancel, but i'd like to have a decision by the 25th so i can call on the 26th.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Lady Elaina Posted on Mar 13 2004, 03:07 AM

Paisley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can make it after all!!!!!

"I am excited"

Hotel for me... will see you there!!

HOTEL?????????

come on elaina!!! come join the crowd! if you think i'm really roughing it, you're wrong....

bringing my inflatable mattress, and freeze dried pasta primavera!

yummmmmmmm

all the same....i'm very glad you are going!!!!! :D

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

This BB Festival in Morehead, and the one in Hampton...do they attempt to be historically accurate? How would they compare with Drake's Raid in St. Augustine, in that respect?

(I'm debating what I should spend me few doubloons on this summer... :D )

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

You've been discussing hotels (and campgrounds). I haven't seen anyone mention the Buccaneer Inn in Morehead City yet. We stayed there a few years ago. It's a Best Western hotel -- nothing special other than the name. It was clean and decent, and I seem to remember it was about $85/night. Hope it's still in business. It was towards the west end of town. Not within easy walking distance of the festival, though.

For those of you going to NC Blackbeard Festival, if you can, spare a few days to go to Ocracoke. You have to take a ferry ride over -- I think it was about an hour long or so. But it's a great little village.

Be sure to visit Teach's Hole, the pirate shop in the village (not to be confused with the actual place out in the water where Blackbeard used to await unwitting prey). Ask just about any Ocracoke local, and they'll probably be able to direct you to the shop. Tell George and Mickey that Jamaica Rose sent ya.

For more, see photos from our trip at: http://www.noquartergiven.net/eastcoas.htm

Beaufort and Ocracoke photos at the bottom of the page.

Blackheartedly yrs,

--Jamaica Rose

"Pirates! You can't take them anywhere!"

--Pirates of the Plains

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

This BB Festival in Morehead, and the one in Hampton...do they attempt to be historically accurate? How would they compare with Drake's Raid in St. Augustine, in that respect?

(I'm debating what I should spend me few doubloons on this summer... :D )

Capt. William

Nope and nope....

They are FESTIVALS, and more entertaiment oriented. Both are a lot of fun and both try for a certain amount of accuracy as far as the pirate encampments go. The Hampton, Va. festival a little more-so in the accuracy department. I am part of the cast at both of them, and I think they are both worthwhile events. They usually have me play the Israel Hands character at Hampton, and sometimes at Morehead also. It is difficult to have strict historical accuracy in a modern setting with tourists milling about, but what is there is pretty good.

>>>>> Cascabel

Indeed, Paisly, get us 3 in a row if we cans.

Na, I doesn't snore. There is the minor matter of random pistol fire in the middle of the night, but most of yz are used to that, no?

B)

If ya needs an assist in nailin em down, lets me know.

Hey Cascabel, how does the local magistrate feel about steel on the street? Or do they even think on it?

:unsure:

Lady Elaina Posted on Mar 13 2004, 03:07 AM

Paisley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can make it after all!!!!!

"I am excited"

Hotel for me... will see you there!!

HOTEL?????????

come on elaina!!! come join the crowd! if you think i'm really roughing it, you're wrong....

bringing my inflatable mattress, and freeze dried pasta primavera!

yummmmmmmm

all the same....i'm very glad you are going!!!!! B)

Will also be makin me patented smoked salmon, caviar and gorganzola pasta, maybe a rosmary hunter's chicken....

Roughing it? Yr tent doesn't have room service.

......barbarians......

Who's putting together the wine list? :unsure:

Aye, there be a group of 5 us planning on tent camping at the moment.

3 spaces in a row with fire pit(s) would be the way to go! ( At least a fire pit on one of the sites)

Do we want to commit on spaces 117, 119, 120? And for how many - what days?

On the web site, they made it clear that each of us need to call in our won reservations, make deposits.

Paisley, what are you doing with yer pug-dawg?