Black Beard festival Morehead

Lady Elaina

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks interesting.....only ~6hrs away from me.

Cascabel-

which hotel you staying at?

HEYYYYY-WHAT ARE THE ACTUAL DATES?? I'M GETTING SOME THINGS FROM 04, 03, & 02!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

forgive me on planning ahead, but i wanted to know if anyone wanted to split a hotel room together. as long as i'm not in the same room with black jack, royaliste, or scupper i think i'll be safe (lol).

i did find an amerisuite in atlantic beach that has a bedroom (with 2 double beds or 1 king) and has a sleeper sofa for $150 a night. i might bring my son...

anyone game?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• 2 weeks later...

Need ta check me schedule, but I mights actually be able ta make this. Paisley, how far be this from the DC area, time wize?

B)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

according to mapquest from my zip to 'city center" of morehead:

Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 42 minutes Total Est.

Distance: 355.15 miles

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I'm going to try to make Morehead City but don't know yet if I'll be able to due to some things already planned.

If anyone is planning to come to the Hampton Blackbeard Festival in VA in June, please let me know. I will be at this one! B)

Would love to meetup and raise a tankard or empty a hogshead or two with you all. B)

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

sorry won't be in hampton..heck of alot closer for metoo...

they took too long posting the dates, so i volunteered to ride 100 miles on my bike. it's for a good cause...maryland lung assoc. (american lung assoc) thought it was fitting since my hubby has asthma. besides..i have a pirate inspired cycling jersey/shorts i'll be wearing in honor of...

don't have too much fun without me!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

i have a pirate inspired cycling jersey/shorts i'll be wearing

Please post a photo. I'd love to see your outfit.

Just as a matter for future reference..... the Hampton Blackbeard Festival is usually held either at the end of May or beginning of June annually.

I'll raise a couple extra tankards in your honor for giving up pirating for a weekend in favor of such a worthy cause. ;)

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

I'm going to try to make Morehead City but don't know yet if I'll be able to due to some things already planned.

If anyone is planning to come to the Hampton Blackbeard Festival in VA in June, please let me know. I will be at this one! :D

Would love to meetup and raise a tankard or empty a hogshead or two with you all. ;)

I'll be there, as usual....

See ya there, Cascabel

A mere six hours?! PIFFLE. Wont even have ta wake up to do that.

Ennyone into goin in tagether on some rooms?

Z ;)

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Zorg Posted on Mar 6 2004, 02:45 PM

A mere six hours?! PIFFLE. Wont even have ta wake up to do that.

Ennyone into goin in tagether on some rooms?

i'm game..

hubby's cousin works for hilton. can get us employee rate. i'll have to check if he can get rooms under different names. if my memory serves me correctly, i already checked into getting a room there...the closest hilton is in havelock...said he could get it for $80.

don't know if they are booked but the lighthouse inn b&b is $85 a night

here's the latest from travelocity:

i'm checkin in the 14th checking out 16th

AMERISUITES ATLANTIC BEACH Rate Range: $49.00 - $189.00

ECONO LODGE CRYSTAL COAST Rate Range: $62.95 - $79.95

Comfort Inn Morehead City Rate Range: $67.96 - $89.95

Sheraton Atlantic Beach Oceanfront Hotel Rate Range: $79.00 - $179.00

BW CRYSTAL COAST RESORT Rate Range: $84.15 - $99.00

HOLIDAY INN EXSTE MOREHEAD CTY Rate Range: $93.50 - $114.99

Best Western Buccaneer Inn Rate Range: $103.50 - $120.00

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

after looking at those prices..i just had a brainstorm..

ANYONE FOR CAMPING????

i'd rather do that anyway...never sat around a campfire with my pirate garb on...sounds cool!

whispering pines campground

Nightly Rates $24.45 8 miles from morehead city

70' Pool, Catch and Release Fishing Pond, Playground, Tennis, Basketball, Table Tennis, Horseshoes, Campstore, Clean Restrooms, Hot Showers, Modern and Spacious Laundry Facility, Picnic Tables, Large, Shady Sites, Full Hookups, Available cable TV/50 Amp Service, Pets On Leash, Clubhouse, Scheduled Events, Summer Worship Service, Propane At Entrance, more!

We do have tent sites, but in limited availablility and only during the warmer months. All tent sites have water and electricity. No pets are allowed on tent sites.

Waters Edge RV Park

i've emailed them for more info...it's on the beach!!!!

rvpark23.jpg

zorg..you in?????

ummmm i can smell the smores now..

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

yes i'm back again....found some more cool stuff:

Salter Path Family Camp Ground

Open: March 24 - Nov. 5. Ocean swimming, surf fishing, swimming pool, large game room, boat ramp and boat basin, duck pond, excellent wind surfing, clamming, crabbing, movies, volleyball, basketball, activities, full hookups (including cable w/HBO), grassy and shaded sites, all paved streets, hot water showers, convenience store, LP gas, laundry, night host, 24-hr. pay phones, ice. Nearby restaurants, golf courses, historic sites, NC Aquarium, amusement parks and shopping. ON the ocean and the sound. Reservations recommended in summer season.

HOLIDAY TRAV-L-PARK RESORT FOR CAMPERS

Open: mid-Feb. to mid-Dec. Summertime Entertainment Director; full hook-ups, pull thrus, modern dump station, grassy, tent sites, all paved streets, tiled showers with hot water, complete grocery store, laundry, RV supplies, LP gas, gasoline, picnic tables, gated entrance, 24 hr. pay phones, ice, RV storage, observation deck, wheelchair ramp, limited handicapped facilities, surf fishing, swimming pool, bike rentals, limited shade, playground, recreation hall, go kart track and more. Nearby shopping, Emerald Isle Wine Market, golf courses and driving ranges, restaurants, historic sites. On the Ocean.

Owner: Ronnie O. Watson

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Alas... won't be there. My dad will be visiting me from Arizona at that time. Such a bummer. Otherwise, if he wasn't.. I'd swing over for the event after GARF!

So.. have double the fun, ladies & gents!

The camping would have been TONS of fun! I've me own Rev War tent & enjoy that lots when at re-enactments. :)

Huzzah!

Anastazia

aka Lady B

aka Bloody Esmerelda

aka Black Constance

yadda, yadda, yadda... etc... You know who I am. ;)

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Paisley I am SO in :)

Hey Lady B, BRING your dad. He'll either have the time of his life or we'll get ya disowned

:huh:

Now, I gots the tent from hell here, 10X19 feet, suitable fer stackin several pirates up like cordwood when they gets pickled enough. Who else gots what?

Z

So Im lookin at some of these campsite websites, and on one of em I stumbles acrosst:

You can always join our planned activities

Ooooooooh, consider the possiblilities.......

which campground zorg???

there are a couple that are on the beach/sound...

hoilday trav-l rates: Feb 14 - May 21 Hook-ups - $39.00

No Hook-ups - $20.00

Salter Path Family Camp Ground Beachfront $40.00

Soundfront $31.00

still waiting on info from waters edge...

i too have tent 3 room thingy..the main room is 10x10 or 9x9 and opens fully on 2 sides almost like a enclosed shelter. nice for when it's raining...no stove, got cooler, inflatable mattress woohoo, and some cooking stuff.

seeing how some hotels are already booked, maybe we should get jumping on this. (so we don't end up pitching our tent by the bathrooms....)

Zorg Posted on Mar 7 2004, 02:14 PM

Ooooooooh, consider the possiblilities.......

muah-ha-ha! *evil laugh*

zorg-

also...what day/time were you planning on going down? poss. carpool??? might drag hubby and bikes along...will let you know

ladyb-

you soooooooo have to bring your dad!!!!!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

np!...tis my pleasure, milord...]

LET'S GO NOW!

(it's back down to the 30's here)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg