So we're talking May 14,15 and 16 2010???

Rats

Excellent!!

I'll float out in a barrell with my blunderbuss...that'll give us three boats!!

Kinda?

Getting closer to Ohio Santa!!!!

When arrrr folks showing up??

...brownie bites!?!?!?!?

:blink:

I'm hoping to put one or both boats in the water after work Friday. I'll be hanging around the ship after that.

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!!

I'll float out in a barrell with my blunderbuss...that'll give us three boats!!

Kinda?

Getting closer to Ohio Santa!!!!

When arrrr folks showing up??

...brownie bites!?!?!?!?

:blink:

I'm hoping to put one or both boats in the water after work Friday. I'll be hanging around the ship after that.

I think we're going to need a bigger barrel.

Mark

I keep thinking that I would rather be with you than visiting family next weekend. haven't seen them since September ...and I do have a new grand nephew that I would like to meet before he is walking ...at least I don't think he is walking yet.

HAVE FUN ...I WILL make it up there some day ...just not some day soon.

me, andrew, and miles will be there around midnight or so... usually i'll take the friday off and have a nice drive over, but that was when work was still good... so... i'll have to work that day and drive over after i get off...

connie have to skip this one due to some unforeseen problems...

Too bad I won't be there for the fun! ;)

I was looking forward to this trip. Stupid work!

Sorry to hear you won't be making it Tartan Jack. It's been too long, but I am sure we'll see each other some time soon.

Silas, I really hope Connie can make it! 'Cause the otter just isn't a very good substitute for her. Shame Alex can't make it, he's a great lad and he will be sorely missed.

Silkie, I do hope you can make it out some time lass, you're always a joy to have around, and the couple of time a year we see each other just isn;t enough (as is the case with too many good people here!).

I also want to take a few moments to give a hearty shout out to all those who donated items or good wishes on the auction! Baltimore Knife and Sword, Old Sutler John, Shananigens In Leather, Taylor Rose Historic Outfitters and a number of private individuals donated some awesome stuff! I am truly humbled that even in these hard times people can still find it in themselves to be generous and help out on a worthy cause!

I'll post the links to the auction items later in the week. I am going to run the auction over a ten day period, hopefully to start this Friday (May 14th) and to end on Sunday May 23rd. The smaller items and the items too troublesome to ship will be auctioned off to the participants at the event (likely Saturday night, too bad we don't have Cannibal Chrispy for that ;) ).

Michael_banner.jpg

things right now are somewhat up in the air... by the end of the week, we'll know more...

Since the event is at the end of the week, I guess we will know by then. ;)

Right now the forecast looks good - highs around 70, lows around 50 (or frozen tundra weather if the Florida people were coming).

A few reminders:

We will be launching the boats Friday evening and we will need help with that.

We will also need a few pirates to go entertain the sorority Friday evening.

There will be a race Saturday morning. It will surround City Hall and block access to the ship. If you are arriving Saturday morning then come in from the west on Broad Street and park at Veteran's Memorial which is right across the river from the ship. The race should be over and the streets open by the time the ship opens. If you arrive after the streets have been reopened then you can park in the lot behind City Hall. If you park on the street then remember to feed the meters on Saturday.

The ship will be open extended hours for the event noon-6:00 (I will verify that).

The sea shanty group the Hard Tackers will be performing on Saturday at 1:00.

The battle will be at 3:00 both days.

We will have some soft weapons for hand-to-hand during the battle. No live weapons should be used. Between crowded, sloped decks and people climbing over the railing, there just isn't any safe way to do choreographed fighting.

We will be providing some food, mainly soup, but contributions are welcome. Drinks (non-alcoholic during the day) would be good.

Mark

The ship will be open extended hours for the event noon-6:00 (I will verify that).

I thought when we talked to Linda about the extended hours, we talked her into 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM?

Great news about the Hard Tackers though! Glad to hear they are performing for us!

Michael_banner.jpg

I thought when we talked to Linda about the extended hours, we talked her into 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM?

Great news about the Hard Tackers though! Glad to hear they are performing for us!

Yes, Linda confirmed the 11:00-6:00 time.

Friday evening is going to be manpower-intensive. We need people to help with the boats and at least a couple of pirates to show up at the sorority. The sorority event is miles away at the Marriot Tuttle. We need people there around 7:30.

Mark

I mentioned last week that some street will be close Saturday morning because of the race (Race for the Cure)... Well the impact of those closures may be more than originally expected. Please read the below attached news report from the local news station regarding street closing... It seems if you are coming in Saturday morning, you may be forced to approach the ship from the West side in order to be able to get there. Parking may also be a serious concern.

News article on street closings for May 15th and 16th

Michael_banner.jpg