PIP Photos Thread 2009

William Brand

`Tis a shame that there isn't a link on the PIP site to the galleries that Pyracy members create here ...One huge slideshow would be a great promotion tool for the entire event ...that is probably too much to ask for complete co-operation of the organizers of the events :D :D

(did i just use my Cynical voice again???)

Edited by callenish gunner

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a neat idea, but since I've been saving photo albums as bookmarks (starting with PiP '07) to do the Surgeon's Journal website, I've noticed that they sometimes disappear leaving broken links. Plus I wonder if everyone would want that sort of link to their album. On another note, I've been putting links to the albums beneath the photos in the Surgeon's Journal webpage for well over a year, so they can be accessed there. Another thought is that, as fascinating as photos of the folks we know at PiP are to us, they're only of interest to people who weren't there when something interesting is going on or if they're looking for something specific. You're basically looking at someone else's vacation photos. ;)

Speaking of which, this is a nice shot from William's album:

IMG_6415.JPG

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oi, M.A. d'Dogge! Do you mind if I steal a few of these and repost them on mySpace and whot-naught? If you say yeah, I'll make sure I post photo credits, otherwise I'll just do it and not say anything! ;) ;)

:D ....well i guess its ok then....tho i should caution ya...Rats did borrow(steal) my camara for a bit...so if the photos are crap..er...i mean...if some are not as good as some of the others...then Rats can get those photo credits

;) stupid Rats ;)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

:D ....well i guess its ok then....tho i should caution ya...Rats did borrow(steal) my camara for a bit...so if the photos are crap..er...i mean...if some are not as good as some of the others...then Rats can get those photo credits

;) stupid Rats ;)

Yeah! Stupid, stupid Rats! (Actually, I think he took one of the two photos, I want to steal, and I think Red Jessi stole the camera from him to take the other of the two I want to hijack).... But thanks!

Michael_banner.jpg

HA! HA! Stupid Mad Dog!! Ha ha ha!!

That's alright mad d-douche! You're still the very best walk the plank, nightgown wearing, camera hogging, attention needing, premo-dog-donna we have ever known!!

I mean without you we would have no one else to snicker and giggle at when the goof up!!

BTW: A special thanks to all the folks that I paid off who voted for Mad Dog in the walk the plank championship. You don't know how important it was that he won. Believe me... If he would have lost it would have been nothing but grumbling and whimpering and tears... Yes I mean real tears!! Have you ever seen a grown Mad Dog cry??/ I isn't nice!! So on behalf of the crew, we thank you for sparing us that site!!!

Stupid whiney Mad Dog....you big baby!!

:P ....well i guess its ok then....tho i should caution ya...Rats did borrow(steal) my camara for a bit...so if the photos are crap..er...i mean...if some are not as good as some of the others...then Rats can get those photo credits

;) stupid Rats ;)

Yeah! Stupid, stupid Rats! (Actually, I think he took one of the two photos, I want to steal, and I think Red Jessi stole the camera from him to take the other of the two I want to hijack).... But thanks!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

HA! HA! Stupid Mad Dog!! Ha ha ha!!

That's alright mad d-douche! You're still the very best walk the plank, nightgown wearing, camera hogging, attention needing, premo-dog-donna we have ever known!!

I mean without you we would have no one else to snicker and giggle at when the goof up!!

BTW: A special thanks to all the folks that I paid off who voted for Mad Dog in the walk the plank championship. You don't know how important it was that he won. Believe me... If he would have lost it would have been nothing but grumbling and whimpering and tears... Yes I mean real tears!! Have you ever seen a grown Mad Dog cry??/ I isn't nice!! So on behalf of the crew, we thank you for sparing us that site!!!

Stupid whiney Mad Dog....you big baby!!

;) ....well i guess its ok then....tho i should caution ya...Rats did borrow(steal) my camara for a bit...so if the photos are crap..er...i mean...if some are not as good as some of the others...then Rats can get those photo credits

:P stupid Rats ;)

i hate you all ;)

B-b-b-but Maddogge, we WUV you...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

MADDDD DOGGGIEEEE ITS OK IM HERE ILL HELP YOU WHY YOU FELL OFF THE BOAT WEARING THAT DRESS AND THE NOODLE ON YOUR CHIN I JUST KNEW YOU WERE IN TROUBLE AND SURE ENOUGH IN YOU WENT AND THERE WERE YOUR FEET UP IN THE AIR AND NOT IN THE WATER LIKE YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE AND I SAID TO MY SELF SELF HES NOT SWIMMING HES IN TROUBLE AND SURE ENOUGH THERE YOU WERE IN TROUBLE SO I WENT JUMPING IN AFTER YOU BUT I COULDNT FIND YOU BUT YOU PULLED ME UNDER AND I CAME BACK UP AND YOU WERE GONE AGAIN BUT I FOUND YOU AND YOUR NIGHT CAP WHY DO YOU HAVE RIBBONS ON YOUR NIGHT CAP AND PULLED YOU TO SAFETY WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS BUSY TAKING PICTURES OF YOU AND LAUGHING WHY YOU COULD HAVE LOST YOUR CAP FOR GOOD

Tis alright Robbie, that nightcap was actually Sarah's fontage... she was desperately hoping that Maddogge would sink it for good.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

MADDDD DOGGGIEEEE ITS OK IM HERE ILL HELP YOU WHY YOU FELL OFF THE BOAT WEARING THAT DRESS AND THE NOODLE ON YOUR CHIN I JUST KNEW YOU WERE IN TROUBLE AND SURE ENOUGH IN YOU WENT AND THERE WERE YOUR FEET UP IN THE AIR AND NOT IN THE WATER LIKE YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE AND I SAID TO MY SELF SELF HES NOT SWIMMING HES IN TROUBLE AND SURE ENOUGH THERE YOU WERE IN TROUBLE SO I WENT JUMPING IN AFTER YOU BUT I COULDNT FIND YOU BUT YOU PULLED ME UNDER AND I CAME BACK UP AND YOU WERE GONE AGAIN BUT I FOUND YOU AND YOUR NIGHT CAP WHY DO YOU HAVE RIBBONS ON YOUR NIGHT CAP AND PULLED YOU TO SAFETY WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS BUSY TAKING PICTURES OF YOU AND LAUGHING WHY YOU COULD HAVE LOST YOUR CAP FOR GOOD

stop....helping..... :P

Ok so what's up with this stupid photo uploading key??

Damn thing is half way off of the page and won't even take the links like it use to??

Advice anyone???

getting irritated!!!

sig2.jpg

Damn thing is half way off of the page and won't even take the links like it use to??

Advice anyone???

getting irritated!!!

not seeing the issue....have you checked the page size of your screen??....make sure under "Page"...then "Zoom"...isnt set for "old stupid Rats'sEyes"...or sumpthin... ;)

sniff...sniff...whimper...I hate you.....

... you stupid.....

mad dog..... you!

Advice anyone???

getting irritated!!!

not seeing the issue....have you checked the page size of your screen??....make sure under "Page"...then "Zoom"...isnt set for "old stupid Rats'sEyes"...or sumpthin... :blink:

sig2.jpg

Uh...right. Hey, I have some serious questions for anyone who can answer them from the photos.

First, what is the name of the guy who was running the Forge? He's in this pic with Scarlett. What group is he with?

Forge%20Head%20and%20Scarlett.jpg

___

Who are these folks -- especially the girl in white and the guy in the sleeveless denim blue shirt by her? What group are they with?

Sunday%20Battle%20Post%20Planning%20Waiting%202.jpg

___

What's the name of the guy with no shirt? I think he's with the BIBs. Who is the girl in the straw hat, grey pants and white shirt squatting in the background? Group?

Second%20Battle%20Waiting%20Stealing%20Nigels%20Purse%201.jpg

___

What is FM Matt's wife's name?

First%20Mate%20Matt%20Stynky%20%26%20Matts%20GF.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

A few more...what is this chap's name? I believe he's from England, does anyone know where in England he's from?

Portable%20Vendor.jpg

Who is Deadeye Rick talking to in this photo?

Sunday%20Battle%20Post%20Planning%20Waiting%20Deadeye%20%26%20Friend.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

A few more...what is this chap's name? I believe he's from England, does anyone know where in England he's from?

Portable%20Vendor.jpg

This fellow is Welsh, not English...and he's taller than Maddogge.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Portable%20Vendor.jpg

thats the Welshman who with his wife come over to PiP every year for their Holiday....picked on me quite a bit....i just kept callin him that Welsh Bastard...i believe he even a PuB member.....he does have damn fine beer tho...great guy all said

Portable%20Vendor.jpg

thats the Welshman who with his wife come over to PiP every year for their Holiday....picked on me quite a bit....i just kept callin him that Welsh Bastard...i believe he even a PuB member.....he does have damn fine beer tho...great guy all said

The lad's name is Gareth Pugh. He's an ex Royal Artillery Lt. Col., and a Welchman indeed. Great guy, and I used him as the narrator for the Tryal of Bonny and Read. He and his Wife Elizabeth are regulars at PiP.

>>>> Cascabel

Thanks to everyone for helping me with that one.

What's the name of the guy with no shirt? I think he's with the BIBs. Who is the girl in the straw hat, grey pants and white shirt squatting in the background? Group?

Second%20Battle%20Waiting%20Stealing%20Nigels%20Purse%201.jpg

I figured out who the guy is. He is with the BIBs and his name is Jose Santiago de le Muerta. (It was in last year's Surgeon's Journal. How about that? Anyone know any of the others in the photos I posted?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wasabe was running the forge. A key west independant he is an excellent craftsman and a great pirate!

Yellowbeard is in the aqua shirt in the group shot.

Deadeye Rick is not pictured, Thats Cutter from Cutters crew, not sure who he is talking to though.

Edited by Captain Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.