PIP Photos Thread 2009

William Brand

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Matt qualifies for a FB slot... makes fine swords and eats before the rest of us...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:lol:

He needed my Dread Surgeon Mission Mask. Then he could have been a ninja vampyrate. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhoooooaaaa!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aye! Then he could sneak about like "The Silent Wind Of Doom"...Woosh!!

:lol:

He needed my Dread Surgeon Mission Mask. Then he could have been a ninja vampyrate. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhoooooaaaa!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

2009PIP176.jpg

Oh I like this one... good friends, my sister and a snotty... aye I'm very fond of Tyn's ear... ahem.... :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

2009PIP175.jpg

You got a good one of Mary and I chatting! Can I use it in the Surgeon's Journal? Pleeeeeease? I'll give you credit.

Ha ha! (Although that would have been a really nice shot of Anna without the moose antlers...)

2009PIP180.jpg

Ah, yes...the rigors of piracy.

2009PIP170.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Pubsicle! :D Can I use your photos?

May I repost some too please Mary?

Yes, you may ~ credits when possible are greatly appreciated!

Did I mention the temperature for the morning after we got back? It was... 2 degrees.. Without windchill. With windchill, it was -25 degrees. FUN!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

It is a Thai cooking stove made out of clay, there is a flat section in the middle with holes in it. On the bottom there is a window which can be turned into the wind or away from the wind depending on how much air you might want. Fanning this window works wonders when starting a fire, the ash falls thru the holes into the bottom section. The top has 3 rests that support a wok or Thai BBQ (I'll let others tell you about that) as well as a removeable section that can be left out so that you can feed the fire while cooking. This works well with birquettes, wood, or coal depending on what is available. One night we just tossed a bunch of coals from the camp fire in it as we too lazy to start it from scratch.

id.jpg

Ah ha! Look what Mary got! Here ya' go, Mooseworth!

5dea86d7.jpg

And a nice shot of Boo with the Mooseworths.

8278de15.jpg

I could NOT find a pic of Boo from 2007 which is one of the reasons I wanted to have a camera handy in all events following. Boo is a great guy to talk with; he's beyond cool, but you have to approach him to learn this.

and that's what makes Boo interesting!

ihtcbanner.jpg

[quote name=Mooseworth' date='14 December 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1260834449'

and that's what makes Boo interesting!

I don't think you've fully experienced modern PiP if you haven't sat down and had a chat with Boo. He's a fascinating guy. The first time I met him, I was so enthralled I wrote one of my monthly success articles about him.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Enquiring minds must know more of that fire bucket grill contraption.

I talked to her and vintage sailor about that and I believe she brought it with her from Taiwan. Vintage brought this indescribable knife made out of a piece of metal that her grandfather had made. I thought I got a photo of that, but I can't seem to find it.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, thanks for correcting me.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Who is this? (It's from M.A. d'Dogges collection.)

PC056913.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

PC056913.jpg

Her name is Celeste. I met her and her new husband about 5 years ago at PiP. It was their first time attending. He is with one of the airlines. They then moved to another part of the country, and have not made it back to PiP since then. They are now based in Florida, and expect to be regular attendees from now on. Nice folks !!!!

PC056913.jpg

i have NO IDEA.....stumbled on them in the fort...thought they would take a nice photo....she seemed more than a tad bit learry of me... :blink:

oi...Casky...could ya get word back to these Folk...so they could get accsess to there pics?

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

PC056913.jpg

i have NO IDEA.....stumbled on them in the fort...thought they would take a nice photo....she seemed more than a tad bit learry of me... unsure.gif

oi...Casky...could ya get word back to these Folk...so they could get accsess to there pics?

Unfortunately, I don't have current contact info on them.

>>>> Cascabel