POTC-What's that white thing?

Sjöröveren

in another thread I'm too lazy to look up, I believe someone suggested it was an old sail needle.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Bone was my first guess too. I've seen Lakota flutes made from a wing bone of a bald eagle, but I couldn't examine it, since it's considered a sacred object and not something thats passed around out of curiosity. But it looked alot like the thing in Jacks hair. Hollow, kind of a flattened tube. I suppose it could be an albatross bone or something. Anyway, its way cool.

• 1 month later...

And I was wondering why he didn't use "IT" to pick the lock on his cell...or his hand cuffs....or...something....I thought it must 'ave been a one a those spikes that sailors use to pick knots an such......though I can't imagine sleeping with it in me hair....... (lack of imagination on my part)

speakn' of interesting costuming....notice how many pirates are wearing their cuffs over their hands?

The "fallin cuff" thing was pretty common in seacoats through the 1800.s. Let em hang, and they keeps yr hands warm, button em up, and ye get a fashion statement. :huh:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Aye, I be thinkin' it be a rib bone o'some sea creature. I also be noticin' that the recreators ain't includin' it in their recreations.

Maybe it be from them sea turtles ol' Jack lashed t'gether fer a raft. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

The "fallin cuff" thing was pretty common in seacoats through the 1800.s. Let em hang, and they keeps yr hands warm, button em up, and ye get a fashion statement. B)

Ahhhhh.....where seeming common sense meets historical accuracy...there was me thinkn'...well surely those drooooping cuffs would be in the way of a true sailn' person........hands busy with the rigging and such all day long.......

Did anyone notice in the end scene where they gave Jack Sparrow back his ship.. that there is a guy in a white cowboy hat and sunglasses looking over the side of the ship in the background???

yes that is a bone in our Jack's hair.

gabrielle

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I had too see if it were true....about the guy in the white cowboy hat and sunglasses...so I went to me Pyrates Of The Caribbean movie on DVD....and damned sure enough...i paused and zoomed in...Viola!.....editing at it's perfection!...LOL...they obviously missed this cowboy gone a pyratin'...Very funny stuff.....actually...I wanted to zoom in on Captain Jack Sparrows' the real reason I put the movie in ...::Wink, Wink::

Tis' true, Thar be Cowboys in Pyrates waters....but you know...I never seen a cow in the ocean in me entire life...Really!

Deadly Drucilla

:lol:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the belief that it was the tail of a stingray. Either way it's part of a carcass and my ethics would have me just as soon make one out of wood. :)

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

I wondered what that were when I first sar it. After thinkin bout it fer awhile though, I think that the only thing it could be, is a whale bone stay from some lady's corsette. It just don't look like nothin else to me.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.