Santa Maria!!

theM.A.dDogge

Ok, so my cute video from the weekend is Dogge and Ellie..... there was a discussion on how to say 'argh' (right after she took his hat... yeah... it runs in the family.....)

If you don't have facebook....well... grumble and growl and perhaps i will move it elsewhere, that was just where i put all the pics and videos for now...

Dogge & Ellie Video

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! :P

i DEMAND you TAKE THAT DOWN IMMEDIATLEY!!!!......it's RUININ me reputation as a cold-blooded killer!?!?!? :P

who's goina be scared of me now?? :rolleyes:

Demand, eh? Well I am going to follow your lead and read and react to your posts about as well as you respond to my e-mails which means no action is necessary on my part :P

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some day I will be able to arrange & afford to come further north. Until then I will just have to wait for Blackbeard. Sigh

North?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Due West Silky darling, due west! :P But I do so hope you can make it out this way sometime, it would be great to have you!

As for the big bad dogge (all lower case intended), he can always try my tactic of standing there pouting and stomping his feet... Maybe it might work for him! :P

Michael_banner.jpg

Ok, so my cute video from the weekend is Dogge and Ellie..... there was a discussion on how to say 'argh' (right after she took his hat... yeah... it runs in the family.....)

If you don't have facebook....well... grumble and growl and perhaps i will move it elsewhere, that was just where i put all the pics and videos for now...

Dogge & Ellie Video

dag-nab-it woman!?!?...move it somewhere i aints gots to remember more passwords...we all kknow how good at that i am!?!? :rolleyes:

It's the year the Fort was founded.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hmmm, it is due west ...how did I manage to place it north. Always have had an issue with geography. Well, the 8 hour drive is an issue. Of course I drive to Key West yearly. Well, maybe next year. This year I am keeping to either closer events or bi-monthly or close this year. Finances being what they are.

Pittsburgh is 5 to 6 hours west of where I am, that makes it an 8 hour drive. After driving 8 hours & back regularly a few years ago I have no taste for that long of a drive alone. I seldom go to Pittsburgh now that my folks have passed. Maybe once I find someone to travel with. It also gets expensive for one person. Like I said, maybe next year.

Original I think I had posted that the September edition is likely not going to be an overnight thing... Well it seems now it MIGHT be an option.... Although there is much to work out.

Regardless, the September edition (on Talk Like a Pirate Day) will be a smaller to-do...

And the wife and I are toying with ideas on how we can make the next bigger one (likely the same weekend next May) more of an all weekend thing... One idea we are playing with is creating some stuff for Friday evening (perhaps a fund raising Masquerade ball if we can find the backing and locale). These ideas are all very much just in the idea stage so far. And really I am more focussed on unwinding and reflection now... with a bit of buzz in the back of my skull telling me that I should be prepping for the Hampton Blackbeards festival.... :lol: However, if anyone has some constructive criticisms or ideas for next year (or for September), please do feel free to share!

Michael_banner.jpg

Mickey (and Kate)--

IF there was a masquerade ball previous to or during or after the sancta maria event, i would 1. get and a pay a sitter, 1.5 take teh time off work that weekend 2. drag silas 3. GET ME LASS ARSE there!!---

so , here is praying for the funding----!!!!!

my men folk are still all abuzz over this event---i mean PSYCHO EXCITED ABOUT HAVING GONE AND HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME- the 16 yo is now crazy about pirating and wanting more clothes { meaning make silas new and better stuff and give the old to this son since they are about the same size}

i must say that i am so greatly appreciative of the events and you FABULOUS FOLKS!! and all the work you do to "DO" these things..

and of course, i support ANY event that gives me the right to FEED people!!!

love,

lady constance

Ok I'm Jellous ! Wish I were thar to be in some of that fun..

Great pictures BTW.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Mickey (and Kate)--

IF there was a masquerade ball previous to or during or after the sancta maria event, i would 1. get and a pay a sitter, 1.5 take teh time off work that weekend 2. drag silas 3. GET ME LASS ARSE there!!---

so , here is praying for the funding----!!!!!

my men folk are still all abuzz over this event---i mean PSYCHO EXCITED ABOUT HAVING GONE AND HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME- the 16 yo is now crazy about pirating and wanting more clothes { meaning make silas new and better stuff and give the old to this son since they are about the same size}

i must say that i am so greatly appreciative of the events and you FABULOUS FOLKS!! and all the work you do to "DO" these things..

and of course, i support ANY event that gives me the right to FEED people!!!

love,

lady constance

yur BOYS were absolutley fantastic to be 'round...and are most welcome anywhere i attend....'specially if theyr brangin cookies!!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Linda Ketcham, the director of the Santa Maria, wants people to know how happy she was with the event and the auction.

Mark

I had a great time, and I plan on helping to make sure that I can have one next year, too. I will be making a small donation to the Santa Maria, and if we all do, we can help keep this ship afloat. Even ten or fifteen dollars would help.

donate here

This is my own idea, and is not a solicitation by any santa maria staff.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Is that tax deductible?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Is that tax deductible?

My guess is probably yes, but if you are seriously concerned about it, I can contact Linda K (the director) and get a more solid answer.

Another method (and another shameless plug here), is the Dead Man's Chest Auction, while this type of donation would likely not be tax deductable, you do get a goodie out of it... There are a few items that do not have bids, bidding $5 or $10 on one of those items is a donation to the ship, and if you don't like the item, you can use it as a "re-gift" item or a paper weight...

Michael_banner.jpg

Matt- I got a little teary when I saw your post. I'm so glad that you had fun. It was really great to have you here.

And yes, Mickey, Kate needs her new blue ballgown. Way before Santa Maria next year would be nice.

D? Your turn!

Banner.jpg

Is that tax deductible?

My guess is probably yes, but if you are seriously concerned about it, I can contact Linda K (the director) and get a more solid answer.

Another method (and another shameless plug here), is the Dead Man's Chest Auction, while this type of donation would likely not be tax deductable, you do get a goodie out of it... There are a few items that do not have bids, bidding $5 or $10 on one of those items is a donation to the ship, and if you don't like the item, you can use it as a "re-gift" item or a paper weight...

i keep trying to make a donation...but everyone keeps outbidding me!!!....sheeesh :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Hey Diosa,

You need to get in on this nagging the Canadian thing too! :blink:

Dang, I'm gone a couple of hours and people are replacing me for nagging. I'm a little more to the point though....

Mickey, get off your arse and make the woman her dress!

I am sure I could come up with a fantastic list of reasons why she deserves it and that you probably owe her a hell of a lot more than a dress for male grief that you have caused... so start sewing ;)

Do you feel complete now that all of your women have nagged?

Lots of Love!

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

This is a little different....

On Sunday, I noticed a young lady (college age?) sitting with her two friends, for the most part the three of them seemed content to be sitting in the park chatting... except she had a sketch book and pencil which seemed to always be in motion.

After watching her for a short while I went up and asked her if I could have a look... She was more than happy to oblige. I was thoroughly impressed!

Later I asked her if she would be willing to scan and email me the sketches so I could share them here...

She asked that I put in a shameless plug for her art, and said that she was more than okay with it...

All of the sketches are very recognizable (as long as you know the person they are of)...

Without further ado...

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

Michael_banner.jpg

Pittsburgh is 5 to 6 hours west of where I am, that makes it an 8 hour drive. After driving 8 hours & back regularly a few years ago I have no taste for that long of a drive alone. I seldom go to Pittsburgh now that my folks have passed. Maybe once I find someone to travel with. It also gets expensive for one person. Like I said, maybe next year.

Damnation woman I will pick you up next year! Just be by the roadside ready to go!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

This is a little different....

On Sunday, I noticed a young lady (college age?) sitting with her two friends, for the most part the three of them seemed content to be sitting in the park chatting... except she had a sketch book and pencil which seemed to always be in motion.

After watching her for a short while I went up and asked her if I could have a look... She was more than happy to oblige. I was thoroughly impressed!

Later I asked her if she would be willing to scan and email me the sketches so I could share them here...

That's neat. Doubly so in that she actually followed up.

According to deviantart, she is 18, so she's probably just out of high school.

Mission_banner5.JPG