Cartoon-Peter Pan and the Pirates

Billie Bonnie

The pirates were the best part of that cartoon. Obviously. Do you remember when Pan decided to kill Hook once and for all, and devised this great big spear launching thing, and had Hook all tied up, and was threatening Hook and Hook just laughed, saying he had lived a life richer than most, whereas Peter Pan hadn't grown up and would never grow up, and that death didn't bother Hook at all since he had recieved this great gift of growing up, and Peter got mad and forgot all about Hook and flew away and grew up into an old man in like two weeks and never-never land began to collapse because peter didn't have an imagination anymore....man that was awesome!!!

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I rather remember this series -- I can't remember any real specific episodes, but I can vividly remember watching it every so often when I was, oh, six or so. It came on bloody early in the morning, like six a.m. or something, but if I wasn't able to sleep in any later than that, I can remember plunking down in front of the TV to watch this rather odd but still neat cartoon about Peter Pan and the pirates. Never taped any episodes or anything like that -- which is really too bad, 'cause I never got to appreciate the fact that Tim Curry was providing the voice of Captain Hook . . .

http://www.greatwarriors.net/jollyroger/

This is a rather neat-o "Peter Pan and the Pirates" site that I've found out there. The stories (fan fiction) is a bit too Mary-Sue-involved for my tastes, but apparently a lot of people out there really like it -- and if nothing else, the artwork is amazing. (The blonde girl running around in some of the shots is the site creator's original character; just an FYI. But her drawings are magnificent.)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Ohhh it was cool.

Should still be on!!!

That and Pirates of Dark Water.

Did anybody ever see that one?

Both Pan and Dark Water were very good.

Its a shame they don't show them anywhere right now. :o

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I remember dark water because that ws the first network cartoon I ever saw where someone actually got killed. Darkwater was WAY to serious to stay on TV. Not because the kids would mind, but because of their parents.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Pirates of Dark Water about a week ago with my grandson. I think it was on the Cartoon Network. :lol:

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.