I HATE SNOW.......

Patrick Hand

Okay, I need to vent here.... Sorry if I offend....

But I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE who think a mere TWO INCHES OF SNOW is just cause to reduce every speed limit in the city to 20 miles per hour!!!

Holy crap! If the snow freaks you out that much, call in sick, move to some southerly place where it doesn't ever happen... But please stay off the roads so that those who are NOT AFRAID of a horrendous two inches of snow can get around in a reasonably timely manner.

It's a shame that probably none that will read this are likely the folks that need it said to them...

Sorry again for the frustration, I feel better having blown off the steam. This was almost cathartic...

I think I will go and make some oatmeal. :lol:

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... right now, most of the snow is cleared up, but the black ice is still there......

It does keep you on yer toes....... until you fall on your........ :lol:

Patrick, see my post in the Crows nest..."Lookie what I did"... falling on me arse would have been OK by me! :D

At least we can SEE the snow on the roadway.

Bo

But I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE who think a mere TWO INCHES OF SNOW is just cause to reduce every speed limit in the city to 20 miles per hour!!!

Thats all we go last night.... just enough to turn into a solid sheet of ice on the road this morning......

Two inches of snow isn't much... but then you can't see the ice under it... We get a lot of skiers who think they are invincible because they have 4-wheel drive..... :D

My rule.... is to never drive faster than I want to slide into something.....

Patrick, see my post in the Crows nest..."Lookie what I did"...

Yeah... I just saw that the other night.... glad it wasn't a whole lot worse....

4WD @ 30MPH does not stop as easily as 2WD @ 20MPH. Physics! Some how the guys in the SUV's don't get that. I confess, when I had an SUV I started getting too confident.

In Pittsburgh it was great to be able to pass people going up hills but after doing that all the time I almost forgot that it was still as tough to stop going down hill. One icy patch cures that rather quickly.

We've got a couple inches of snow and it sleeted overnight and now it is supposed to snow 4 more inches on top of it. I tried to go out to my car to go to work despite the fact that I am not willing to risk my life...and I couldn't even get my car open....and then I fell. Twice.

Banner.jpg

Well Im in Texas so I do not have all the issues ya'll are having but my truck was iced shut *Which has never happened before* So that was pretty unique. And we do not slow down even for the ice on the roads. I think it's because we rarely get ice or snow and when we do we drive normal which for us is fast and then we have bad accidents. However I am off today and tomorrow so do not have to be out in it.

Kate sorry you fell hope you are ok.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

i guess people do get over confident with a 4wd.... if we would be able to drive around on snowy streets, for more than a few days out of the year, we would be able to drive like michael, and not necessarily be out of "practice" :)

used to drive with no fear, but that was when i was 17 or 18, you know.... invincible.. now..... a little more careful..

AND YES !!! DO WEAR A SEATBELT.... always have, always will... saved my pretty face in one accident..

I watched five accidents occur on my way to the University this morning. One on its side, one rolled twice, the other three were just sliders into the median. I was in my new car and made it OK, but I'm afraid Michael would not not like to have to follow me. After the little incident I had almost two weeks ago, one could say I'm gettin a bit cautious these days. Looks like I gotta go back to the hospital too. Leg is getting worse, not better. Dangitt! :( My eye looks really gross, I should take pictures of it to show foks I don't like while thy're eating! It's all black and purple around the outside and half red across the white! COOOL! My lump is pretty gnarly too. Still swollen and I gotta go back to get glass picked out. (are ya'll green yet?) :(

Bo

Wow..they are going to pick out your glass? I had to wait for mine to fall out on it's own and as I said i still have a few places the glass is trying to come out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Well it snowed then rained then got an icy crunchy mess. Then rain and still rain,sleet and slush. Lucky it didn't ice up. Or it would be real fun driving home on I95. Apparently Ice Melt is an invention people try not to use. They plow the roads not the sidewalks.

then again I live in New England its normal this time of year, I still don't have to like it.

Also these people can't drive on I95. I saw one them new small cars(reminds me of bumper cars on Coney Island) Did you know they don't do well on an icy hill going up the exit ramp? And what made my morning commute complete was ,I saw a woman who decides to run across the black ice asphalt parking lot in thin stiletto heels. Can we say stupid wench You'll fall. Well guess what she did fall. In the parking lot. Wear boots in this weather. I may have repeated myself but I'm not an Ice Pirate. :(

It was rainy and slushy but I'm at home warm.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Well Winter's last rampage directed at me (yes it is personal, winter is out to get me, everyone else is just collateral damage)... I got plowed into my parking spot in my apartment complex last night, of course the temperature dropped like an egg off a grade school roof, and that already dense heavy snow that the snow plow so loving piled three feet deep behind my minivan froze into a solid block of ice... Another day of work lost to the weather... And a possible expensive tow if I can eventually dig my way out. I broke the only shovel I own (it was plastic) and I now have no means of getting to a store to buy a metal shovel.... The Catch 22s in this situation keep piling deeper. :blink:

Michael_banner.jpg

Awww Silkie, don't feel so bad for me... My luck took a turn for the better right after writing that last post...

I called a friend to see if she could loan me a metal bladed shovel so I wouldn't have to wait or buy one... And while I was waiting for her to come over, I went back outside and tried rocking the vehicle out again... By "rocking" the vehicle, I mean forward then reverse repeatedly in an attempt to build enough momentum to get over the snow bank....

Well after about 15 minutes of that, I finally managed to get out... And then drove into work in time to get at least a half days worth of hours in.

Michael_banner.jpg

I'm waiting for the next post about how Michael got over the ice berm when he got home....... :rolleyes:

Yeah.... snowplow guys are all a buncha sadist.... I think they really enjoy pushing a huge mound of snow and ice across someones driveway just as they got it cleared..... (or wait until you're out, so they can mess everything up when you get home.....)

That's (one of the reasons) why I always carry an entrenching tool in the trunk... oh... you know, I don't think I put one in the back of this new car... I know there's a nice sword in the trunk... I can see it now... me hacking my way out of being plowed in with a sword...

:rolleyes:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I'm waiting for the next post about how Michael got over the ice berm when he got home....... :rolleyes:

Yeah.... snowplow guys are all a buncha sadist.... I think they really enjoy pushing a huge mound of snow and ice across someones driveway just as they got it cleared..... (or wait until you're out, so they can mess everything up when you get home.....)

Well the sadists pushed all the snow to one side of the parking lot, so anyone parked close to the building had no trouble getting in or out, only those of us that parked on the outside of the parking lot got snowed in....

I made sure when I got home I parked on the side without the solid ice berm... :huh: Letome poor other sucker sweat getting their vehicle in and out today. I need to upgrade my digging out device, the collapsable plastic shovel I bought last year to dig myself out of situations like this didn't hold up to ice. I think I may just follow BlackJohn's lead and buy a metal bladed trenching shovel. :rolleyes:

Michael_banner.jpg

Where's this here Global Warming thing when you really need it? Been dealing with yet more of the Evil (I refuse to use the "S" word). Good thing I got a snowthrower. During the last big Evilfall, the auger control cable snapped, so I had to figure out how to fix it. My first mechanical repair job. This morning dealt with the stuff the city snowplows tossed up into the driveway and sidewalk.

Not fun. I've had fun before, and this isn't it.

Damn, thats sharp!

Where's this here Global Warming thing when you really need it?

81 degrees F here today when it should be in the 60's. No rain, and we are starting third year of drought which is not the cyclic norm. Water rationing is being predicted and this is January.

Oh, my gosh that means! It means we have had a shift in the jet stream. Not the private jet riding Al Gore's global warming, which in the last four months has become a discussion of global cooling. Now we need MORE CO2 to thrawt global cooling? Oi ve, my head hurts.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 3 weeks later...

About a week or so earlier, we had some "balmy" temps...well, balmy for NE Ohio in Feb...even got up to 60-62 one day (gasp!). Had some rain too...had a real toad-strangler Weds, but it means that most all the snow we had piled up has gone bye-bye. I can only hope it'll stay that way.

I really don't mind snow, as long as it happens to *other* people, in other places.

Like, say, Patrick Hand.

Damn, thats sharp!

Snow is OK with me prior to December 26. After that, get rid of it all. When I lived in San Francisco, I worked for the company that owns the Alaskan pipeline. Idiot Californians would go up to the Arctic Ocean for two weeks and gush about how beautiful the snow was. I wanted to shove their faces in a March plow drift and ask them if they still thought it was beautiful.

highres_6845035.jpeg

Craig Browne

Captain

Half Moon Marauders