I HATE SNOW.......

Patrick Hand

My big problem with the winter in Chicago? No humidity. I feel like sand, have bronchitis and a dry cough that won't go away, am drinking constantly and visiting the loo every 5 minutes, it seems ~ yet my hands are practically white, they are so dry and cracked. I NEED to live in a rainforest.

Ok, so we have an extra bedroom and live literally at the edge of a Florida swamp (back yard slopes down right into it) so we have rainforest humidity as well as bananas, mangoes, coconuts, sugar cane and such in the yard... can't get much closer than that without being on an Bahamian island... :) We're 12 minutes from the beach as well....

My house could help your bronchitis and you could help my sewing skills :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Goddess, you have no idea how tempting that sounds!!! I do love sewing, and helping others (would be happy to give you a hand, just let me know!). And Gardening. And Heat and Humidity ~ and sand, and beaches ~ sounds like a lovely holiday! Mmmmm, coconuts ~ yummy!

Did I mention my Fantastic relationship with Children? <_< Currently, neighbor children are working at demolishing my snowpiles back to their original location, on my driveway. :D I guess they think I creating sledding hills just for them? Gah. Well, at least they aren't mine.

Mark just left (he just got home from work) to go to therapy for his shoulder ~ time for me to go back out and shovel the drive again.

Watch the news ~ you might just see a story about a crazy Chicago lady shelling "innocent" children with snowballs.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Just shelling innocent kids?

practically most of the snow has melted, flooding a lot of areas now. Oh, better yet, it was cold enough last night that while the rain moved in it all FROZE!!! Yup, freezing rain which eventually late at night turned to snow. Generally, travel was not advised anywhere in the eastern half of Iowa last night.

Oh how I hate when it warms up in winter.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ok, so we have an extra bedroom and live literally at the edge of a Florida swamp (back yard slopes down right into it) so we have rainforest humidity as well as bananas, mangoes, coconuts, sugar cane and such in the yard... can't get much closer than that without being on an Bahamian island... :) We're 12 minutes from the beach as well....

I bet the mosquitos are real killers! Have you had alligators in your backyard?

Just a thought, with real estate prices at an all time low, somewhere in florida there has to be a reasonably priced island big enough to support a pirate community! Any investors handy?

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Just a thought, with real estate prices at an all time low, somewhere in florida there has to be a reasonably priced island big enough to support a pirate community! Any investors handy?

Can I write a check? Sounds like a great idea. Maybe we should just take a island of a good size. How is Cuba's army these days?

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

My big problem with the winter in Chicago? No humidity. I feel like sand, have bronchitis and a dry cough that won't go away, am drinking constantly and visiting the loo every 5 minutes, it seems ~ yet my hands are practically white, they are so dry and cracked. I NEED to live in a rainforest.

How much would you rent your extra room for?

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

And it was nearly 70 degrees yesterday....no joke.

It's not your fault that you are so dang good looking., and a nice person..... but I might be starting to hate you right about now..... :rolleyes:

Spent two hours today trying to dig out my driveway, and it's only half done.......

My car has been snowed in for the last two weeks.......

I HATE SNOW

Had snow until the day after Christmas...now we have pouring rain. Snow is gone, pastures are flooded, pond is overflowing into my garden... :D

Key West is looking REALLY good right now! Actually, any place the sun is out sounds good to me. I haven't seen it since before Halloween. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

So, tell me...are you planning an expansion of your domicle anytime soon? Like...rilly soon?

Damn, thats sharp!

70 degrees? Dang, I missed that! That was the day I was on the way to Florida. It was only in the upper 70's when I got there...

No snow here in Central Ohio.

Damn, thats sharp!

No snow here in Central Ohio.

Wow, that's like Southern California weather, I bet you're loving that! :P Yesterday it was rainy, gloomy and cold and now today the sun is shining. Supposed to be a little bit warmer, the breeze is still chilly tho.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

hello all!

The rumors about my demise were premature but not by very much. I got caught in the ice storm that LadyB was talking about, drove out on the interstate about 17 miles and had to turn around after almost going into a deep ravine. Took 2.5 hours round trip. VERY GLAD I just got 2 new tires or I wouldn't have a car. I was sitting on the brake and trying to move the car in reverse. Neither one was helpful for a good 2 minutes of hell.. still, I got home without a mess..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Glad to hear you're safe and sound, Merrydeath!

But your story makes me even more hesitant to venture out tonight into the predicted freezing rain. [Although I hate to let my dance group down!]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

drive slow, take your time around corners, take extra sand, blankets, plastic bags, boots and mittens, and watch the radar and travel news in your area... listen to the radio too. They might have the most up to the minute info..

and I'll be praying for ya!

BIG HUGS!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Thanks for the good advice, Merrydeath.

I actually decided to skip dancing tonight, though. No freezing rain yet, but it's hard to tell what conditions would be like on the way home three hours from now, when I'd be catching a ride with a car-pool [since I don't drive].

B'sides, I'm feeling kinda headachey from the low pressure system that's moving through.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I don't mind the snow. Here in Stamford, CT, weather is crappy and cold.

Its the damn ice ice on the sidewalks. Streets are nice and plowed and salted. sidewalks, nope.

I may need ice skates instead of boots. Past 2 days freezing rain making sidewalks very icy. Now its raining and making the ice go away.(if it doesn't freeze again tonite) I just wish people would learn to use ice melt it would be so much easier walking to the bus to go to work without me worrying about injuring myself on ice

I am not an Ice Pirate.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Sigh...well it's gonna S N O W here. :rolleyes:

I'm at work watching the front creep across the radar. Bleah. Wishing to be snuggled on the couch with something warm..and a cup of hot cocoa with summin in it, a good movie or maybe just the Christmas carols I haven't had time to enjoy yet.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I'll be here....for at least 2 days :blink: ...unless the weathermen are wrong...sigh...

It does look cool tho.

Hope the rest of you stays warm and dry :)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

At this point, I'm thinking my kids will never see snow. The last bunch of systems that have moved through have either given us rain, or freezing rain, which is much worse than snow if I have to go out in it, but will admit that it looks beautiful on trees. Until it knocks said trees down, and takes out the power... so... yeah, I'm still crossing my fingers for at least one snowstorm this winter.

:blink:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.