Looking for duckfooted pistol

hellfirehannah

I've seen one kit at Dixie Gun Works, but its a percussion not a flintlock. Has anyone else ever seen either kits or replicas for sale? I know this one would need some modification but I'd be willing to make it work and the price isn't bad IMO but I would like to know if anyone else has seen anything different.

Thanks for your time.

siggy.jpg

I've seen one kit at Dixie Gun Works, but its a percussion not a flintlock. Has anyone else ever seen either kits or replicas for sale? I know this one would need some modification but I'd be willing to make it work and the price isn't bad IMO but I would like to know if anyone else has seen anything different.

Thanks for your time.

Please do yourself a favor, and don't waste your money on this thing. It is very poor quality, and poorly designed. The term "piece of crap" comes to mind. It's safe enough, and won't blow up in your face, but that's the best I can say for it.

I have not seen a quality reproduction duckfoot available in my many years of dealing with this stuff, other than very expensive one-off custom pieces. A real duck foot has more than three barrels usually, and sometimes more that one row, one above the other. You should be able to find some good images of originals by looking on GOOGLE images to get an idea of what they should really look like.

>>>> Cascabel

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your time.

Please do yourself a favor, and don't waste your money on this thing. It is very poor quality, and poorly designed. The term "piece of crap" comes to mind. It's safe enough, and won't blow up in your face, but that's the best I can say for it.

I have not seen a quality reproduction duckfoot available in my many years of dealing with this stuff, other than very expensive one-off custom pieces. A real duck foot has more than three barrels usually, and sometimes more that one row, one above the other. You should be able to find some good images of originals by looking on GOOGLE images to get an idea of what they should really look like.

>>>> Cascabel

As a side note on these pistols, there are several variations from the same manufacturer using the same handle/frame assembly that are equally poor quality, and not worth having. One of which is called the "Cutlass Pistol", and I can't recall the names of the others.

>>>> Cascabel