The Interceptor Herself!

Capt'n Jack Sparrow

This in from one of the Sparrow's cast crew.

"Tearlach here with some exciting news for those of you local to

Southern California.

The Lady Washington, the ship that portrayed the Interceptor

in "Pirates", has returned to Southern California along with the

Hawaiian Chieftain for her annual West Coast tour.

She just arrived in Long Beach today (Tuesday the 30th) and will be

here through January 11th. She then sails to San Diego and will be

there from the 14th through the 25th before she heads back north

again stopping in at Newport Beach (January 27th - February 2nd),

Marina Del Rey (February 4th - 8th), then on to Ventura (February

17th - 22nd) and on up to Morro Bay, San Francisco, Oakland, Redwood

City, Eureka, Coos Bay, Oregon, and finally Aberdeen, Washington.

The good news is that you can take dockside tours or, if your budget

stretches, you can buy passage aboard her for one of the exciting

battle cruises where we go out for three hours and fire the cannons

at each other. Blanks only for now, but maybe someday...

I, personally, will try to be there for the battle sails so I hope to

see some you down there.

For more reservations and information call (800) 200-LADY.

Fair winds and following seas,

Tearlach"

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

Whee! Looking forward to the Lady coming back to the Bay. We owe her a few more rounds. *snicker!*

Did I just say that? *PirateInnocence!* :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Hey, Jack! :D

Still have a thing for the ol' Interceptor, eh?

I'm sure a couple folks we know off that direction will enjoy that bit of info. :D

Alas... if only I were nearer, though. I doubt that grand ship would make it up the mighty Mississippi. Don't really want her to try it. God knows what is under the muddy waters of that vast river. Mostly trees/logs, etc.

Thank ye much fer the info therem shipmate! :D

Huzzah!

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I don't know yet, but I might try and make it to Long Beach tomorrow if'n I can find me a ride.

If I do, I'll be lookin' forward ta seein' some o' ye I haven't met! Ah, if ye see me picture here and there, ye know what I look like.

Rumba Rue

**Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me**

Report from the Shore of Us Brave Souls at Long Beach

Well, personally, I'm proud of myself for driving up to Long Beach for

the Battle sails, all the way from San Diego . It was very windy and a bit cold, had to really hang onto the hats. I wore my fancy best and was the

picture magnet for all the guests.

Being the first to arrive, I toured the Lady Washington which still

had her Interceptor colors from POTC. Met up with Louie Lambie who was

crewing on the Lady.

Eric Berlinger and Matt Stone were there crewing for the Lynx. Dawn Bradley and Tony Kopec showed up, and eventually Claudette Guy and Mike(her beau) came.

At first there was a thought we might all get to sail, but alas three of us had

to stay behind. No problem, as I wasn't expecting to sail anyway.

So while the ships went their merry way, the three of us went over to the

Seaport Village there to pillage our dubloons. We had a very nice

lunch at the restraunt at the end where we could see the ships going

back and forth like ducks on a target range. Believe me, from our spot

it looked pretty funny.

We raided a couple of stores and were directed to the Pirate's Cove

store. Nothing better than to see three costumed pirates in a pirate

store. Ah yes, I spent my dubloons well, a really cool tee-shirt, a

ring, a nifty little pirate flag for my car, and a sign that says,'Pirates Ahead'.

The three of us joked about how the 'pengin crew' of people on board

the ships were probably frozen stiff, we could only imagine how cold

it really was out there on the ocean. Bet they were bobbing like

popsicles by the time they came back to port.

I was mighty disapointed though that a number of people who said

they'd be there didn't show up -- including several from the Pub here.

I understand being sick so that's a good excuse, but the rest of

you lazy sots were missing! Hmmmmfffff! Well it was a fun time for me,

but honestly, I won't do it again.

Rumba Rue

**Better than the average wench!** ;)

Alas me mates, if you want to sail the Lady, you needin to be makin reservations by calling 1-800-200-5239. Bobbie being takin the reservations. If she not be available, Stan can takem. Tell em Victoria sent ya. They know me quite well.

I had the pleasure of sailing on the Lady on December 26. It was a small battle out of Marina Del Rey. WONDERFUL. As the harbour patrol woud not allow the cannons to be fired in the bay. Lady and Hawaiian Cheiftian were forced into the open ocean to battle.

The swells were between 6 to 10 feet. The waves were crashing over her bow and the Lady pursued the HC. We managed about 10 cannon fires before the Captain was forced to return to port. Many passengers had not prepared properly (I.E. seasickness prevention) and a few tossed their lunch at the Captain's feet in the rudder line. :lol:

Alas, all the mini pirates with me had prepared and we whooped it up and helped clean up. Me mate said "This is going to be a great memory" and then another passenger let loose and me mate followed with "I can't wait until it's a memory." :lol:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Alas, all the mini pirates with me had prepared and we whooped it up and helped clean up. Me mate said "This is going to be a great memory" and then another passenger let loose and me mate followed with "I can't wait until it's a memory." :lol:

:lol: Sounds like ye had a grand time anyway! Hey, you made it out there in the Marina? I'm so close by there, I wish I could've seen 'er in me own port, but alas, I got REAL sick. Where be yer own port, endkaos?

I saw the Lady, the Chieftain, the Lynx and the Swift all in the Long Beach port on Sunday as a farewell to me winter break. :lol: It was a bit cold in me costume becuase I had the breeches on with stockings under it, so me legs were freezing, and the wind kept going down me shirt, so there was no way fer me to keep warm. But it was fun anyway. I was on the Chieftain, and she's a slow lass, but it was alright becuase I got to see the Lady from far off! She's quite a beautiful ship, and I got lots of nice pictures.

Hope everyone gets a chance to see her before she gets painted back to her original colors! Maybe be some of the last chances to see her Disney paints!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Where be yer own port, endkaos?

I saw the Lady, the Chieftain, the Lynx and the Swift all in the Long Beach port on Sunday as a farewell to me winter break. :P It was a bit cold in me costume becuase I had the breeches on with stockings under it, so me legs were freezing, and the wind kept going down me shirt, so there was no way fer me to keep warm. But it was fun anyway. I was on the Chieftain, and she's a slow lass, but it was alright becuase I got to see the Lady from far off! She's quite a beautiful ship, and I got lots of nice pictures.

Me homeport be Scottsdale, ARIZONA, but me in-laws be livin in Anaheim. I wanted to make the battlesail in Long Beach, we being members of the Aquarium of Pacific and all, but the timing wasn't workin for Grandma and Christmas. Old bitty had to spoil me fun. :P

I was even plannin on tryin to make it back for the January 3 battlesail, but alas, all were sick me house (cept me ;) ) so I was tissue patrol instead. :P:P;) times 3!

It was cold. I figured know one would even see me costume under all the stuff, but we all had on our POTC T-shirts (I was wearing 2 of mine). Even brought one for most favored nephew. We stood out in the crowd. Will post pic as soon as I can get it to load. ;)

The HC should have been faster than the Lady with her two diesel engines. The wind was blowin to hard on our sail for the Lady to raise any sheets. The HC was doing circles around us with her engines. We just waited until she completed her turn and Boom.....one more shot off! ;)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

well it'll be blood unfortunate fer me to be over here in bloody chicago where the cannons dont thunder.. and there be nothin to plunder. i think i be setting me sails for CALIFORNIA, aye mate?

Catchy name. Prolly fits most of us here, cept me.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

The HC should have been faster than the Lady with her two diesel engines.  The wind was blowin to hard on our sail for the Lady to raise any sheets.  The HC was doing circles around us with her engines.  We just waited until she completed her turn and Boom.....one more shot off! :huh:

Hmm, readin' between the lines...Yep, the Chieftain's twin Volvo's will definitely make her go fast..Only needs her mainmast to hold up the stack.....Square-riggers never have too much wind to hoist sails(not sheets, as sheets are ropes that control sails)..so, someone had other priorities, or misinformation, as they brag heavily on their website about how much wind her rig will take.....One more boom...Yeozah!..you'd think gunpowder was made 'o gold, considerin' the price per head on the sea battles, versus the cost per pound 'o powder..Someone take a picture for me whenever either one of them fire over five or six rounds...

I do wholeheartedly agree that the left coast is the place to be for naval sea battles on a regular basis, excluding long-time regional reenactments...

:ph34r:

[Hmm, readin' between the lines...Yep, the Chieftain's twin Volvo's will definitely make her go fast..Only needs her mainmast to hold up the stack.....Square-riggers never have too much wind to hoist sails(not sheets, as sheets are ropes that control sails)..so, someone had other priorities, or misinformation, as they brag heavily on their website about how much wind her rig will take.....One more boom...Yeozah!..you'd think gunpowder was made 'o gold, considerin' the price per head on the sea battles, versus the cost per pound 'o powder :ph34r:

ye be right....my mistake it be sails not sheets. damn if I can ever get it terms right, but I'm pretty good at knowing what to pull when. I'm taking another course soon, probably with womanship in San Diego.

As far as cost... being landlocked by the bloomin desert, we be willing to pay a king's ransom for the chance to sail on a beauty like the Lady Washington. The sail was me Christmas present. Me next sail will be the Lady Washington, I hope, will be the adventure sail. :)

~Tori

I doubt that grand ship would make it up the mighty Mississippi.

Think again. She makes it far up the Columbia River, and she made it through the Panama Canal. The Mississippi would just be one more conquest if she were in the area.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 1 month later...

A friend and I have just made reservations to go out on the Lady in Morro Bay on the 28th. Is anyone else going to be there? It would be absolutely wonderful to meet some of you guys! :ph34r:

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.