Gas

blackjohn

This is sort of interesting: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx I paid $2.99 yesterday.

Nice. I can't beat that. I saw $3.19 at the station I paid $3.39 two days ago. But I found another station at $3.13 I think it was.

Of course, across the street here it was $3.56 this morning... these guys are notoriously high.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Columbus Ohio on RT 104 near Hamilton Rd a station by the name of Swifty's is always a nickle or more cheaper then anywhere else if you pay cash.

The other day they were out of regular gas and so to keep their customers happy and not close down (they had be shut down because of the wind storm...no electricity...for a week) they were selling PREMIMUM for $3.23 a gallon (I think my car didn't know what to do as it for once got a tank of the really good stuff :lol: ) when everyone else was selling regular for $3.35

Swifty's has been at or below $3.00 for a few days now for regular.

Thankfully, the station is on my way to work. I try to plot it out so I can get my gas on Wednesday as that is the day gas is the cheapest. NEVER buy gas on Thursday evening or Friday they know that people get paid on those days and that is when most people fill up so that is when gas is ALWAYS THE MOST EXPENSIVE.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

This downswing in fuel prices couldn't have come at a better time..

We are headed to Virginia this weekend for an event, we're dragging a couple of friends with us to let them have their first try at pirate re-enacting, and the four of us we're going to all try to make the trip in the Wife's Hinda Civic. Because of the sudden drop in fuel prices, we are now considering taking the minivan, as we can now do that and spend the same money we had budgeted for gas a few weeks back when we first made the plans.

Should the downward sloping fuel pricing continue, I just may do an event in November, which was something I was fairly certain I would not be doing (but secretly hope to accomplish).

I filled up the tank last night for $2.96 per gallon (regular), I haven't been out and about today to see what the pre-weekend pricing is looking like. With this being a long weekend for some (anyone else get Columbus Day off?), I'm not too hopeful about the same under $3 per gallon pricing I got yesterday,

Michael_banner.jpg

With this being a long weekend for some (anyone else get Columbus Day off?)

Not only do I have Monday off, I asked my supervisor for permission to leave early to give blood, so the weekend begins now!

Which means... I guess I better go cut the grass... with old gas that cost ~$4 per gallon.

My Home on the Web

Not only do I have Monday off, I asked my supervisor for permission to leave early to give blood, so the weekend begins now!

Which means... I guess I better go cut the grass... with old gas that cost ~$4 per gallon.

They say not to, but booze after bloodletting gets you tanked quick. Bad advice.... but is it?

They say not to, but booze after bloodletting gets you tanked quick. Bad advice.... but is it?

You bet your bippy it does!

I can remember back when I was a young man giving blood, coming home, running to the liquor store for some rum, running back home, drinking said rum, then putting on a suit of chainmail and doing jumping jacks to see what would happen... heh... if I did that today I know what would happen!

:D

My Home on the Web

I thought this discussion was about farty pirates. Yaaaaar I feel mislead. :D

No reason you can't answer the question you thought it was asking "How much would/do you pay for pirate flatulence?"

Michael, Columbus gas this evening has hit $2.89 a gallon. Again, Swifty's is still a nickle lower but, you can find $2.89 most everywhere this evening.

I anticipate this downward spiral for gas until AFTER election day and then expect it to start to climb back up.

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

The Hindenburg had 7,062,000 cubic feet of hydrogen gas.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Well I was happy as a clam to pay as low as 3.35 this morning...till on the way home I saw it had dropped to $ 3.23

Why did I buy $30 worth?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

$2.63 in Warsaw, Mo. today. Stock market lost how many points this week? The "bailout" starts wednsday, Walmart sparks "Toy Wars" by offering $10 christmas toys, but bread is still around $2 a loaf and milk still about $4 a gallon. America's priorities suck. No wonder we are in the shape we're in.

Bo

$2.63 in Warsaw, Mo. today. Stock market lost how many points this week? The "bailout" starts wednsday, Walmart sparks "Toy Wars" by offering $10 christmas toys, but bread is still around $2 a loaf and milk still about $4 a gallon. America's priorities suck. No wonder we are in the shape we're in.

Bo

Geez, I was wondering why all the glum faces on Wall St?

4:08 pm Friday 10/10/08...8 minutes after the closing bell:

WALLST1.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Ya know... if I was an enemy of America I'd attack economically. Lets say I had connections to Middle Eastern oil. I'd put pressure on them to run up the price to the point where the American economy breaks. Then I'd sit back and enjoy the show.

My Home on the Web

Damn you all with your low gas prices. Here in Juneau, AK, the prices just went down last week from $4.36 to $4.25 per gallon at the cheapest place and I was happy. Way to ruin my good mood! :lol:

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Coastie ...I sworrryyyy!!!

:lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

flipp'n more then a few coins to a jack...HEY there get off yer arse and haul tat there keg over to Coastie's ...wit them there prices he need to be cry'n over a stiff drink.

hope tat help ya. ey? :lol:

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Cheapest in Dallas is $2.88 a gallon, currently. In Fort Worth it was $2.75 last Thursday. I guess we are still behind, but catching up. Beats the heck out of the $3.95 I was paying a couple of months back.

celticcross.jpg

What more diversion can a man desire than to sit him down near a warm turf fire; Upon his knee a pretty wench and on the table a jug of punch... Irish Traditional Song

"And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me among Thy saints ." Boondock Saints

Well, theat least there are a few good things about where I live. I walk about half a mile from my house to hunt, the Alaskan Brewery has free samples (and the server there likes my wife and I), and the scenery out each of my windows is amazing. And, I can walk just three driveways down and see a glacier. If it weren't for a few trees on a neighbors' yard, I'd have a view from my bedroom. It's easy to catch fresh salmon and halibut in season, and a resident fishing license is not much more than you'd pay for each pound elsewhere (and the first halibut I ever caught was 295 lbs-that pretty much pays for a lifetime of fishing licenses). I'm on a boat almost every day and get to see orca whales playing volleyball with a sea lion (OK, only once, but it was really cool), humpbacks bubble feeding (and once, recently, attacking a decent sized fishing boat), and the splendor of Southeast Alaska. All in all, I'll take the gas price. But thanks for the concern :lol:

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Here in N.E. Oklahoma we are catching a break on gas prices for a time - we are down to $2.49 a gallon in quite a few towns and a few stations have begun "price wars" - always good for consumers. Not sure why Oklahoma is so low when other states closer to refineries are sky high. I can only dream of what would happen to our prices if Oklahoma would bring our refineries back online.

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

We wnet down to $2.49 last night here as well. I told the kids friday that I would be happy if the prices were $2.50 by monday. When they got off the bus yesterday they came running in to remind me; "you have to be happy because we saw the gas prices, now smile!" Gotta love kids!!! :blink:

Bo