The Sealkie’s Hide

My neighbor who watched the cats while I was away said it looked like i lost a few pounds..she's kind, I gained 3.... if we keep up this talk looks like i'll gain 5 next year... I'm sure it will be worth every bite!

Sounds like we're on our way to evening FEASTS! if we can get the buccaneers roasting meat, and do some PC side dishes, and take turns serving each other we'll eat like kings all weekend, sign me up for a couple of evening meals, i'll make at least 2 dishes Silkie... maybe we should consider building some sort of PC brick oven for baking...anyone?

regarding the vegetarians ... we have a few in our crew as well, I did my best to accommodate them by making a small meatless batch- its not too tough to put an extra pot on.

I'm going to talk to the crew about getting that breakfast vendor back .... we're all far to tired (from 4 am nights ) and everyone seems pressed for time in the morning, far too many people, myself included... wandering about in a stooper begging for coffee.... I miss the pancake guy from 2 years ago. He was really reasonably priced too.

We're camping out at the beach as well this year, I have a feeling we'll need the room for vendors. I'm thinking we should reserve our crew cooking for out in the careening camp at the Hide. I heard the food vendor wasn't too pleased with the competition, they could see we were cooking, even though it was for charity or for ourselves, I'm sure he was concerned about the loss of business, its hard to compete with practically free food. We need to keep our vendors happy too.

I'm really excited about how this is bringing everyone together, thanks Silkie, and Diosa, it was so wonderful the one night I ate there, did someone say Lily made the minestrone, or was that your recipe... either way the meal was elegant and it felt like family, we may need more tables next year.

Honestly, I will be happy to serve every meal I am around. I had more fun doing that than most things over the weekend. I got to have little mini-chats with lots of people I never got to talk to the rest of the time because we were always in different places....

As for the Minestrone, that was Lily's recipe, it was fantastic, wasn't it!!!!

By the way Nell, my most precious memory of the weekend is Sunday night as your tears were streaming down my face as we all hugged and sang in the Pub! That was the most precious memory of the event!!!!

D

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silkie - I loved the ordinary, and can't wait to see it resurrected next year. If you need any help, I can also serve as a buxom wench alongside Diosa (though I may need a tighter bodice). :lol:

Diosa - speaking of coconut, I've had a delicious Thai chicken coconut soup (w/ side of white rice) at a local restaurant that I managed to recreate a few months back. That might make for a yummy side dish one night at the ordinary (or tavern).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Silkie - I loved the ordinary, and can't wait to see it resurrected next year. If you need any help, I can also serve as a buxom wench alongside Diosa (though I may need a tighter bodice). :lol:

Diosa - speaking of coconut, I've had a delicious Thai chicken coconut soup (w/ side of white rice) at a local restaurant that I managed to recreate a few months back. That might make for a yummy side dish one night at the ordinary (or tavern).

Perfect, Let's work on that!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Silkie, it was an honor and pleasure meeting you and so many of the other folks from the board. If Patrick and I can get our project together, we will have meet from the boucan for the meals. I am beginning my research on the project and with Hurricane's and Patrick's help, I think it will be the place to be. Besides, I'll be closer to 'dogge next year to harass him more.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

My neighbor who watched the cats while I was away said it looked like i lost a few pounds..she's kind, I gained 3.... if we keep up this talk looks like i'll gain 5 next year... I'm sure it will be worth every bite!

Sounds like we're on our way to evening FEASTS! if we can get the buccaneers roasting meat, and do some PC side dishes, and take turns serving each other we'll eat like kings all weekend, sign me up for a couple of evening meals, i'll make at least 2 dishes Silkie... maybe we should consider building some sort of PC brick oven for baking...anyone?

regarding the vegetarians ... we have a few in our crew as well, I did my best to accommodate them by making a small meatless batch- its not too tough to put an extra pot on.

I'm going to talk to the crew about getting that breakfast vendor back .... we're all far to tired (from 4 am nights ) and everyone seems pressed for time in the morning, far too many people, myself included... wandering about in a stooper begging for coffee.... I miss the pancake guy from 2 years ago. He was really reasonably priced too.

We're camping out at the beach as well this year, I have a feeling we'll need the room for vendors. I'm thinking we should reserve our crew cooking for out in the careening camp at the Hide. I heard the food vendor wasn't too pleased with the competition, they could see we were cooking, even though it was for charity or for ourselves, I'm sure he was concerned about the loss of business, its hard to compete with practically free food. We need to keep our vendors happy too.

I'm really excited about how this is bringing everyone together, thanks Silkie, and Diosa, it was so wonderful the one night I ate there, did someone say Lily made the minestrone, or was that your recipe... either way the meal was elegant and it felt like family, we may need more tables next year.

Honestly, I will be happy to serve every meal I am around. I had more fun doing that than most things over the weekend. I got to have little mini-chats with lots of people I never got to talk to the rest of the time because we were always in different places....

As for the Minestrone, that was Lily's recipe, it was fantastic, wasn't it!!!!

By the way Nell, my most precious memory of the weekend is Sunday night as your tears were streaming down my face as we all hugged and sang in the Pub! That was the most precious memory of the event!!!!

D

awe love ya sweetie..it was a beautiful moment sharing a common glass with the whole family. You know Chrispy and I wouldn't be a part of this if it hadn't been for you and Hurricane. I do hope we'll have more pub sings next year, I love those moments, when there's a genuine spirit of sharing from our hearts.

I would love Old Zachs to be like a real old english pub where locals go to drink beer and share songs and stories, where the stage is always open for everyone to share. we open the pub at 3, we had some decent crowds in there a pretty attentive audience as well. I know everyone is so busy but I'd love it if people would drop in and share a song or a story, I didn't get to hear you sing my favorite song all weekend.

Would love to hear it next year.

I hope you'll drop in the

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

The ordinary was as terrific as I tried to portray it, but it was missing something. Next year you should really add a trebuchet to the ordinary. You know, for leftovers.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Silkie... I'm not the best cook... but I'm pretty darn good. Would be more than happy to help with a couple of meals.

CAN'T WAIT

Sorry I didn't make it out there to the Ordinary - I helped Fayma with preparing meals inside the fort, the two breakfasts and that Navy Bean Soup and Vegetarian Chilli,Oh and a specail thanks to Harriet who was a huge help in the fort preparing those meals. Next year we'll be on the beach with everyone else so we can cook in the ordinary beside together. One common fire and a bunch of prep cooks and dishwashers will make for more fun and less hard work.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

I know.... Didn't sing Dark Lady because my voice was shot.... I could sing songs in lower registers... but not that one.... Next year less cold weather in the rain, more tea, and I'm yours for the singing :)

I wish I had that kind of discipline - I don't know why i push so hard - I have NO voice at all now, and a HORRIBLE cough, I think it was from that one cold and wet night. I need to learn to stop before I've damaged it beyond repair.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Failing leftovers, we can start plucking random items from absent people's campsites and launch them.

TREBUCHET!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Super Colonial Boy

Mission_banner5.JPG

Failing leftovers, we can start plucking random items from absent people's campsites and launch them.

TREBUCHET!

I hereby nominate Stynky's hat...damn Buzby Berkley hat-dance producin' git!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

TREBUCHET!

Except Stynky doesn't have a hat anymore because he sold it to buy mead on Sunday night...or Monday morning...I sort of lost track of time at some point. Stynky sold his hat for $20 and then didn't even spend it on mead because he figured out that he could con his fellow drunken pirates into buying it for him with the magic phrase, "Hey, do you want some mead? Do you have $20?" (This actually worked.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

TREBUCHET!

Except Stynky doesn't have a hat anymore because he sold it to buy mead on Sunday night...or Monday morning...I sort of lost track of time at some point. Stynky sold his hat for $20 and then didn't even spend it on mead because he figured out that he could con his fellow drunken pirates into buying it for him with the magic phrase, "Hey, do you want some mead? Do you have $20?" (This actually worked.)

Damnit! Where the heck was I...I could have used the hat and I had $20! Hell, I would have traded a bottle of rum for it had I known.... oh well... I just had to bring the bottle of rum home instead....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Damnit! Where the heck was I...I could have used the hat and I had $20! Hell, I would have traded a bottle of rum for it had I known.... oh well... I just had to bring the bottle of rum home instead....

So Stynky's hat is a girl's hat?! :blink:

Diosa, you'll be glad to know that I either unearthed the memory of hugging you or I have constructed a really good facsimile thereof. (We can do that, you know.) I enjoyed our convertible ride/discussion a great deal which is alloyed with respect for you after watching you walk all the way down Duvall barefoot. (Kids, don't try this at home - well, you can't walk down Duvall at home, but...um, you get the gist of it. Diosa is a professional.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

So Stynky's hat is a girl's hat?! :blink:

Diosa, you'll be glad to know that I either unearthed the memory of hugging you or I have constructed a really good facsimile thereof. (We can do that, you know.) I enjoyed our convertible ride/discussion a great deal which is alloyed with respect for you after watching you walk all the way down Duvall barefoot.

As long as you have reconstructed it correctly of you stepping on my wrapped up foot each time you tried to hug me and me wincing :) I liked our talk as well and we'll have to chat more next year....I hear I will be more conveniently located so that may help :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

TREBUCHET!

If I would have know I would have bought his hat. I vote next year we just sell him off piece by piece. I think I should get something free for the pain and suffering of my leg :D I really wish I could have gotten a good pic of it at the time.

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

If I would have know I would have bought his hat. I vote next year we just sell him off piece by piece. I think I should get something free for the pain and suffering of my leg :rolleyes: I really wish I could have gotten a good pic of it at the time.

Hey what more do you want - you're already in me britches.