The Sealkie’s Hide

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to serve it too :ph34r:

Well, I guess if I'm serving and receiving tips as well. Any and all money I receive will be donated to Diosa's Fill My Chest... Find a Cure.

My tip is that ye find someone else to serve... perhaps ye would like to borrow Bess?

Hmmm I wonder.................perhaps we could make a contest of serving wenches to see who could raise the most money for a good cause.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I have to serve it too :ph34r:

Well, I guess if I'm serving and receiving tips as well. Any and all money I receive will be donated to Diosa's Fill My Chest... Find a Cure.

My tip is that ye find someone else to serve... perhaps ye would like to borrow Bess?

Hmmm I wonder.................perhaps we could make a contest of serving wenches to see who could raise the most money for a good cause.

Ahoy! Thanks so much! I will bring a few of my wenches over and we can serve too if ya like! I would say we will probably have to serve at 5ish as the parade is 7 that night and most people head to town well before the parade!

PM me and let me know what you would like to do and we'll head over to help!

Michelle

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Ahoy! Thanks so much! I will bring a few of my wenches over and we can serve too if ya like! I would say we will probably have to serve at 5ish as the parade is 7 that night and most people head to town well before the parade!

PM me and let me know what you would like to do and we'll head over to help!

Michelle

I'll be sure to make plenty of soup for everyone. 5ish sounds good to me and I would love the help serving.

What do you think Mistress Silkie?

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

No worries. We have Sir Publix and Master Albertson's nearby to satiate our hunger for sweets (and they don't smell like wet poodle). Plus, oh, the Cupcake store -- that's is a wonderful place to get Key Lime Cupcakes. On second thought, screw the trade -- I forgot about the cupcakes there.

-- Hurricane

Cupcake......STORE?! Uhm.

There's not a Taco Bell as well, is there?

:ph34r:

Banner.jpg

No worries. We have Sir Publix and Master Albertson's nearby to satiate our hunger for sweets (and they don't smell like wet poodle). Plus, oh, the Cupcake store -- that's is a wonderful place to get Key Lime Cupcakes. On second thought, screw the trade -- I forgot about the cupcakes there.

-- Hurricane

Cupcake......STORE?! Uhm.

There's not a Taco Bell as well, is there?

:ph34r:

Of course there's a Taco Bell, lass, on North Roosevelt. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

We will be having Minestrone for dinner on Saturday.

You should make it PC - make salmagundi.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Are you volunteering to make it? :blink:

Would you help? (I'll help buy the stuff.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'll give you a hand chopping, but would prefer not to spend the day cooking. The soup I can make at home and bring with me.

Ah, that would make it simpler. Since it was your idea originally, I don't want to just hijack your plan.

Still, if you are interested in trying this, I'll be willing to do it with you. Salmagundi is a cold, layered salad containing loads of stuff. I have a recipe from Hannah Glasse's cookbook from the mid 18th century, but there isn't really a true hard and fast recipe for it. It contains whatever could be procured on shore and was supposedly a type of feast pirates would make when they made landfall. For reference, here's a copy of the recipe: http://foodhistorynews.com/goldjuly.html

What do you think?

Mission_banner5.JPG

You aren't hijacking my plan. I'm still making the soup. But it could be an option for another meal or an alternative if anyone doesn't want the soup. Besides, it's not really up to me.

It is up to whoever wants to cook ...Pyrates ...democracy ...or whomever is willing to do the work. :blink:

Cool. I've always wanted to make Salmagundi. And I'll bet M.A.d'Dogge is a good cook. (I don't know why I suspect that's true, but I just do.) Still, not much to cook in my recipe; it's mostly chopping and arranging.

Mission_banner5.JPG

silas thatcher, lady constance and our crew of miscreants, will be dining there, too..

lady constance has emailed you about helping...... she CAN cook !! don't have anything pc to bring for you, but can supply food.... let us know what we can do...

ps.... our powder monkeys can also wash dishes :)

yo Mission....if you an i are making Salamungundy....i think that word gits bigger evertime i spell it)...and you are a vegitarian...we might have to make a variation or two...let me know what you had in mind...either way sounds good

I was thinking we could make a side version, much smaller than what for the majority of the crew, for the scant few vegetarians. (This is S.O.P. at family gatherings - one of my sisters and I are vegetarians.) I suspect this will be reasonably easy to make, though. It's a big, layered salad with fruits, veggies and meats. We can get pre-cooked meats so there will be no cooking involved. Since there is no hard-and-fast recipe (in fact, no recipe is truly hard-and-fast from where I stand), we can incorporate whatever we like.

Grocery shopping with M.A.d'Dogge... I'll bet that'll be an experience. :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Grocery shopping with M.A.d'Dogge... I'll bet that'll be an experience. :lol:

Oh it is!! But ye have to fight with him to see who gets to ride on the cart...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/