Swords/daggers/silver for trade

I have decided that I want and need a vast amount of garb and other toys. I have enough to dress a few pirates, but I want enough to dress a crew or two.

I being a sword maker and maker of anything fine out of metal, would like to offer a trade. If you have spair garb like boots, pants, shirts, hats, vests, pistols or anything along those lines and you are in need of a sword or something of that nature then drop me a line or post it here.

I always like to day that "Nothing beats a good trade"

Vendors are welcome. I don't care if its new or used. I will be happy to work with you and make you something personalized.

If you don't know of my work then let me just say that it is made for stage combat and guaranteed for life. (swords/daggers/jewelry/buckels/etc...)

Hope someone can take advanage of this.

Cheers mates,

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I have a pair of these boots:

SHLargeBelowKnee.jpg

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

We could use boots and shoes for sure....what size?

Just to let you know. I have gotten quite a flood of messages about trading and that rocks, but you should know that a basic cutlass from me runs around $275 retail.

billhooks $65-$90

Just to give you somthing to judge. I am looking for a strait up trade or I could trade some stuff just to take the price down on a piece.

so Far so Good...

thatworks.shop

I have a bunch of stuff available. Check your pm for details.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

I believe they are ten, but they tend to go a little bit larger, so they could fit a 10.5 or 11. They've been worn maybe a dozen times.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Your mailbox is full so I'll post this here instead...

I also have a new pair of boots to trade if you still need some. They are the same as this picture but in brown leather. I believe they're size 12.5 to 13 and they have never worn.

I'll take whatever I can get for them. I can't wear them, they didn't fit my wide feet!

MAV2045.JPG

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Matt,

I don't know if your interested in anything along these lines.

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12469

I haven't gotten scales on the billhook yet. We've been getting ready for the move to Portland next Saturday. It's top of the list once we get up there B)

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

I have a black wool justacorps/frock coat, new and unused, I'll put up to barter.

Pewter buttons, 1730's style, linen lined, custom made of medium weight coat wool by Black Bear Historical Clothing. You can see the basic style here: http://www.blackbearhistoricalclothing.com.../frockcoat.html

Let me know if'n yer interested.

I have a black wool justacorps/frock coat, new and unused, I'll put up to barter.

Pewter buttons, 1730's style, linen lined, custom made of medium weight coat wool by Black Bear Historical Clothing. You can see the basic style here: http://www.blackbearhistoricalclothing.com.../frockcoat.html

Let me know if'n yer interested.

I do like the idea of that coat. What would you want in trade and do you have a rough value on it ?

thatworks.shop

Your mailbox is full so I'll post this here instead...

I also have a new pair of boots to trade if you still need some. They are the same as this picture but in brown leather. I believe they're size 12.5 to 13 and they have never worn.

I'll take whatever I can get for them. I can't wear them, they didn't fit my wide feet!

MAV2045.JPG

Those are a few sized too big for me, but I would still think about trading just to have for extra garb.

what did you want from me ? maybe a billhook ?

thatworks.shop

Let me know exactly what you want, such as time-period, size, level of historical accuracy, and I'm sure that we can work something out. I make top quality reproduction clothing and I would really like a nice small sword. It sounds like we're on the same level of workmanship. A full outfit from us from head to toe will estimate between $653-$1684 depending on options and accuracy level. (of course, we can always work out a deal on just a few items rather than a full outfit.)

1. Entry-level, historically-accurate clothing (Machine Stitched, but period fabrics and fashions)

2. Top-notch, historically accurate clothing (Hidden machine stitching, all visible stitching by hand, hand-worked buttonholes, etc)

3. And finally: Stitch-counter's dream: All hand-stitched, period correct clothing.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:ph34r: ?????

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

1stMate Matt -

I'm still waiting to hear from you and now your mailbox is full. Get in touch with me please.

Iron Jon

Jonathan Washbourne

Thanks Matt.

It has to get here by the 26th since I will be moving out of state and will be traveling for most of the next week.

Iron Jon

Jonathan Washbourne

...still waiting on the FedEx tracking number! :blink:

Jonathan Washbourne

Edited -

Jonathan Washbourne

I kind of need an address to ship something.

I sent you a pm.

I think it's highly unfair for a post like this. I am trading you a handmade awsome billhook for a crappy pair of plastic boots and I never once complained. I also had it made sitting at the booth at blackbeard hoping you would get it there.

I am sorry for the delay. I am more then willing to eat the extra money for shipping to get it there before your move. I just need a shipping address.

BTW if you want the boots back. I will glady send them instead of the billhook. Let me know bro. I want to make good on this.

I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off right now trying to re-coop from my down time in the hospital. Set me back over a month.

thatworks.shop

Edited -

Jonathan Washbourne