Swords/daggers/silver for trade

Hey Matt, have you got any... uh... girthy blokes you're trying to dress? I have a pair of pants that I bought at the Ren Fair a few years back and they're really large in the saddle. They've been doubling as my slops until just recently when I got a much more period-correct article of clothing. I can give you lots more detail but first I want to make sure you got someone who might wear something so large, like a size 40 - 50 waist.

I never intended to bash you with my posts here and have edited them for now. I've seen your work and I will be looking forward for the delivery Monday...

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

ummmm. Not sure I have anyone that large that I travel with. I sometimes wear large pants to ren fairs and such so they may work for someone. Anyway I can get a picture or is there a website that has them on there so I can judge them?

On another note. I have traded some stuff that worked out great. Now we could use some bits here and there but shirts would be great. Period if possible. I would reallllllly love some period shoes of some sort size 8.5-9.5.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

How many shirts are you looking for? Also, do you have any other needs - jackets, waistcoats, etc? Town wallets, ditty bags, snapsacks? Leatherwork, belly boxes?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

4 or so shirts would be grrrrrrrreat. I am doing this to dress people here and there as pirates when needed. So coats and what not are less needed at first then shirts and pants.

However. If the coats are nice. I wouldn't mind getting a new one for myself. I have a nice coat now even though I don't do to many events in the winter.

I honestly could always use leather work for swords. I wouldn't mind finding someone that would make me some sheaths in trade for steel.

I have a Viking guy who I do a similar trade with from time to time.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

4 or so shirts would be grrrrrrrreat. I am doing this to dress people here and there as pirates when needed. So coats and what not are less needed at first then shirts and pants.

However. If the coats are nice. I wouldn't mind getting a new one for myself. I have a nice coat now even though I don't do to many events in the winter.

I honestly could always use leather work for swords. I wouldn't mind finding someone that would make me some sheaths in trade for steel.

I have a Viking guy who I do a similar trade with from time to time.

Well, I have just started experimenting with sheath-making. Maybe I can send you some pics, once I have stumbled upon the right combination. You need pants, too? Breeches, slops, or both?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Matt, I sent you an email. Reply at your leisure - you sound BUSY.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum