Roll Call 2008

William Brand

Good News! Good News!!!

After a bit of Bad News ~

My Dearest Mark requires shoulder surgery this Friday for a torn rotator cuff and SLAP tear (both in the right shoulder) ~ too much volleyball, and we aren't as young as we used to be.

The Good News ~ the surgeon allowed him to still go on Vacation! He has to wear a sling 8 hours a day, but I am happy he will still be able to attend.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good News! Good News!!!

After a bit of Bad News ~

My Dearest Mark requires shoulder surgery this Friday for a torn rotator cuff and SLAP tear (both in the right shoulder) ~ too much volleyball, and we aren't as young as we used to be.

The Good News ~ the surgeon allowed him to still go on Vacation! He has to wear a sling 8 hours a day, but I am happy he will still be able to attend.

Poor FB.... best of success with the surgery! will be praying...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I'll be happy to take over the treatment when he gets to PiP. (He doesn't actually need his arm, does he?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'll be happy to take over the treatment when he gets to PiP. (He doesn't actually need his arm, does he?)

HHmmm...Ship's doctor Mission to take over treatment...as I have said before, the loss of a limb only enhances your portrayal of a Pyrate character.

Mary, next time don't SLAP him so hard...and not with the cast-iron frying pan...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Mary,

Mission d'care fer im? Best leave em at d'Hide luv. E's a fine lookin fella, d'girls n'I'll take good care uv im.

HHmmm...Ship's doctor Mission to take over treatment...as I have said before, the loss of a limb only enhances your portrayal of a Pyrate character.

Mary, next time don't SLAP him so hard...and not with the cast-iron frying pan...

:P Mark's response ~

I looked up our insurance and it strictly states that Mission performing any medical work would void any payments or warranty.

:blink:

Aye, Silkie, I'll leave him to you and the girls ~ mind you well, though...

I WANT HIM BACK! ;)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Ah, but I'll give you an "arm back" guarantee. (What you do with the arm is your business.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I've a question about hot drinks...might there be any hot water around for tea? If there aren't enough kettles making a trip down to be included merely for hot "grog", I'll bring one. As much as I love the smell of coffee in the morning, my stomach prefers something a tad lighter.

While you may not want to make the walk in the mornings, I will have hot water inside the fort on the parade grounds as I am doing herbal teas....

i'll bring my official "pyrate solar cook book."..lots of wonderful recipes....

for hot tea:.....mix tea with water...pour in cup...set in hot sun...and wait

for lamb:....tie securely to ground....and wait

for roast pork:...tie securley to ground....and wait

Muhahaha...that was enlightening M.A.d'Dogge. I try the tea bit daily at work but in reverse (office is very cold).

Thanks for the offer Goddess! I may take yah up on hot water in the morning if I miss out on it at breakfast. :P

Silkie - Mine is probably a cup or two smaller, and isn't period accurate (stainless steel). ;)

I like yours though...I've seen quite a few on ebay that around similarly shaped.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Ah, but I'll give you an "arm back" guarantee. (What you do with the arm is your business.)

Would he then be "re-armed?" Mind you he might try to hit you over the head with said limb, thus becoming "armed and dangerous."

"Pack that in my sea-chest; I'm sure there's elbow room in there..."

Of course you could go out on a limb start your own game show, "Stump the Pyrate." Or would that be "Stump, the Pyrate."

Avoid all of this Mark. After all "forewarned is forearmed" as they say...

3ff66f1f.jpg

~ I'll just sit a miniature of each of them on Mark's shoulders, to let them whisper in his ear. (a la POTCAWE, or, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

Or that classic of classics, Animal House. (I'd repeat the dialogue, but this is a family friendly thread.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

~ I'll just sit a miniature of each of them on Mark's shoulders, to let them whisper in his ear. (a la POTCAWE, or, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

Or that classic of classics, Animal House. (I'd repeat the dialogue, but this is a family friendly thread.)

Erm, yep. I'd agree. ;)

*raises my bent wooden tankard in Haunting Lily's direction* ;)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

OH BOY... this is gettin' interestin'....

Carol was going to use her American Advantage Miles to get me to PiP.... but when she tried to get a reservation, they told her that there wasn't an available flight for the days I wanted to go... But Carol had already looked up if there were flights, and told the person at American... they told her that there weren't any available flight for people using Advantage Miles.... So American Airways is being a bunch poopy-butts... the Advantage Miles are only good sometimes... they don't say that when they try to get you to fly with them....

Anyway... I might be getting a flight with Continental Airlines....

Hey... nothing like waiting until the last minute for this sorta thing..... :o

American Airlines is a buncha Poopy-Butts.......

Aye ...who will play the grubby drunk pirate if you aren't there Patrick? :o

I can think of at least a half-dozen to volunteer, but none be so good as Patrick.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Hey... I'm going to be there.... and Carol might be also.....(like I typed... this is getting interesting...)

But American Airlines is still a buncha Poopy-butts......

Poopy-butts...

Poopy-butts...

Poopy-butts...

American Airlines is a buncha Poopy-butts...

( I'm just waiting for some web "spider" to find out what I think about the Poopy-butts at American Airlines...... :D )

Then later I wanna cross post to every forum I know to let everyone know what a buncha Poopy-butts American Airlines ise... Think about it... they spend a lot of money advertising... one dissatisfied customer... cost them even more.....Advantage Miles only work when they want them to... where did it ever say that....?

Hey... I'm going to be there.... and Carol might be also.....(like I typed... this is getting interesting...)

But American Airlines is still a buncha Poopy-butts......

Poopy-butts...

Poopy-butts...

Poopy-butts...

American Airlines is a buncha Poopy-butts...

( I'm just waiting for some web "spider" to find out what I think about the Poopy-butts at American Airlines...... :D )

Then later I wanna cross post to every forum I know to let everyone know what a buncha Poopy-butts American Airlines ise... Think about it... they spend a lot of money advertising... one dissatisfied customer... cost them even more.....Advantage Miles only work when they want them to... where did it ever say that....?

That's no unusual with airlines these days. The frequent flyer seats cost them money and since they're bleeding dough, they are pulling back on everything that costs them money -- peanuts, pillows, and frequent flyer trade-ins. Spirit! did the same thing with us going to Port Royal. Thankfully, they didn't end up charging our mileage plan once we finally worked everything our so we got two free trips to Jamaica in the space of two months. Woohoo!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hurricane is right. The frequent flier programs are not like they used to be. They only reserve a few (like 4 or less I think one airline told me) seats on each plane for frequent flier miles trade-in and once they're gone, they're gone. Unfortunately this means you're usually out of luck if you wait until the last minute to try and book a flight with them.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yeah, airlines are cutting back.... no Honny Roasted Peanuts....and they charge you for your baggage.....

But to get people to fly with them instead of another airline, they offer incentives.... such as....Frequent Flyer Miles... So they make their money when someone flies with them instead of searching for the least expensive Airline...

It's when they won't honor their agreement that they become Poopie-Butts.....

Well It's official.... Carol gust booked my flight.... course I'll have to take the Greyhound down from Miami again....

Outta curiosity... looking at the Roll Call on the first page... is it still up to date?

If it is.... WOW... that's a lot a Pyrates wots going ter be there .....