POTC # 2 Ooooh, check this out everybody!!!

Rumba Rue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken in lad, broken in B)

I prefer my pirates with a mite of expierence.

Oh, and being able to defend himself comes in handy as well. B)B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

ok a question ya gobs.

In the last scene in the cave before Barbossa's death...Jack tosses the coin to Will...But not before slashing his own hand. Ok So after watching the DVD 5 times I just noticed it.

Could it be that Jack and Will are Brothers? Maybe the curse needed the blood of two of Bootstraps sons.

This is further reinforced at the end of the movie Jacks hands are bandaged, as well as bound, just a thought mates..maybe we will find out in the sequel

:rolleyes:

I think that you are on to something. Bootstrap was the only pirate to stand up for Cap'n Sparrow , and he paid for it with his life. That leads me to my next question. If Bootstrap sent the coin to his son in England, it was after they had found the cursed treasure. He would probably have touched it before it was sent, thereby placing the curse on himself. After all he was a pirate and he did steal it. Does this mean ole' Bootstrap is now part of the undead, somewhere at the bottom of the ocean?

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I thought about poor old bootstrap, strapped to a cannon and living undead under the water, just about to free himself, when his son lifts the curse and he drowns. So has Will commiteed patricide?

And I think Jack slashed his hand to lift the curse from himself, for the coin he stole.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

The way I figure it, Bootstrap probably had a few years to free himself from that cannon. I think he's still around, so look for him in POTC2.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

That could be. He also could have been handily dissected and devoured by various creatures of the sea. Have you ever wondered how the pirates who get blown apart reassemble?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

That could be. He also could have been handily dissected and devoured by various creatures of the sea. Have you ever wondered how the pirates who get blown apart reassemble?

*DO* all the pirates who get blown apart, get reassembled? I'm not so sure they do; some scenes have seemed to insinuate that if a pirate gets blown up, his individual parts may keep moving (the hand "chasing" Governor Swann comes to mind), but he himself may not be in such good shape. :) I'm not so sure that they _can_ always put themselves "back together," at least not if they don't have anyone around to help them out. And if they weren't put back together when the curse was broken, then, well . . . it's far too late for 'em.

So Bootstrap could certainly be in PotC 2, but maybe they won't put him in, either -- really could go either way. For now, I'm just happy watching our original PotC movie, over and over and over . . . :D

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

I am not as fortunate. My dearest Mum' wanted to give me the DVD fer' Christmas, so i've held off from purchasing it. But I did see it twice in the theater, twice in hotels , and once on a plane trip. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL X-MAS!!!!!

iiiiii.jpg

Broken in lad, broken in :D

I prefer my pirates with a mite of expierence.

Oh, and being able to defend himself comes in handy as well. :D:D

Yeah but there's somethin a scurvy youth has that the old farts don't have, STAMINA!

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about that rumor back in September, Lady Elaina. ::shrugs:: will be interesting if that is true.

As to Bootstrap returning.. doesn't sound like it. If anyone has listened to the Writer's commentary... they most likely state he is dead.

But the last clip following the credits... the writer's were rather quite for that one. Not a word other than "poor Geoffrey".. hehehehehe. Poor man, indeed.. the monkey not behaving getting water squirted in his face... & god knows what else.. hehehehe.. damn, the man just needs an Oscar for endurance!

Again.. I like the title of "Treasures of the Lost Abyss". If that's really what they will use... kinda makes me wonder what they have in mind. & Mostly what I come up with, is rather good. So.. I'm excited about this one. :)

Can't wait for the open casting call. :lol:

Keep us informed as to what you can tell us, Bess. Always open to the correct info. Need good info instead of rumors.

Oooh, again... with Rush returning... I can actually see some good ways he can return... not just as Hector Barbossa.. though, woud love to have Hector back... doesn't mean Hector has to return.. perhaps a different Barbossa? Or.. as I remember, the Writer's have other ideas in mind. :lol: Can't wait.

Huzzah!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

How about 'Son of Barbossa'? He wasn't always a ghost!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

: shrugs:: Rush trying to portray a younger version of himself? Interesting. Though... I REALLY would love to see Hector return. If not Hector than a brother or whatever. But Hector returning.. that will be funny in a manner of speaking... to see Jack's face.. let alone Will's & Elizabeth's. One never knows.. that chest lid was closed when they left the cave.. then it was open for that clip at the end of the credits.. well... when it panned in to show Barbossa lifeless on the mound it was shut.. then we see the monkey.. monkey up to the chest.. :: Gasp:: what be this?! Lid OPEN! Wonder how? Hmmm. :D

There was another rumor about the sequel. Supposedly told by Orlando Bloom.. sometime back in August... about Liz getting kidnapped again by pirates.. Will & Jack go to free her, find out it's a trap set by the daughter of Barbossa (supposedly played by Selma Hayek).. & are to battle some rather odd looking creatures.. with some ship battles scenes later as well... Pearl is destroyed.. etc... the supposedly story about the battling the creatures sounded too... Spy Kids-ish... if anyone has seen (be if willingly or unwillingly) the 2nd Spy Kids movie.

Thus far.. I haven't heard any other rumors. Which... I am not complaining about. Would rather get proper info from Bess.. than to get some odd-ball rumor from some odd-ball online. :D

I guess.. eventually.. we will find out later. Won't we, ladies & gents? :)

Huzzah!

:D

Here's my crackpot theory...

If Barbosa was based, even in name only, on Barbarrosa (Red Beard), then maybe he, like Barbarrosa, had a brother. The brothers Barbarrosa (Aruj and Hizir) had themselves a piratin' career, so maybe Barbosa had a brother... an identical twin (allowing Geoffrey Rush to return).

Of course, if not done properly, this type of thing can ruin a movie. Remember City Slickers 2?

Just a thought...

:D

My thoughts exactly.

That could be one way for Rush to return. Though.. will be very interesting to see what the writer's come up with... depending on Rush's return or not.

Huzzah!

<_<

Yeah but there's somethin a scurvy youth has that the old farts don't have, STAMINA!

Tisk, tisk m'lad....

Know ye not that old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill?? :ph34r:

(Robert Shaw, Life lesson #21)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Keep us informed as to what you can tell us, Bess. Always open to the correct info. Need good info instead of rumors.

I swear, as of Dec 24th there were NO spy-Kid type monsters eating ANYONES ship! :ph34r:

But if anything is mentioned along those lines you'll be the second to know! :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Iron Bess I have heard that Auditions for potc 2 are going to be in miami and that they are looking for 10-15 yr. old girls to play Jack's niece and Will and Elizabeth's Daughter. Something tells me this isn't ture. Would you like to Clarify? ;) Thank you

'Do not be afraid to dream, for out of such fragile things come miracles'

in miami and that they are looking for 10-15 yr. old girls to play Jack's niece and Will and Elizabeth's Daughter

Oh dear GOD. NO! Please let this be a rumor. No adorable and precocious Mary Sue character. I'll take my pirate movie without the self insersation point for teenage Orlando fans, thank you very much.

This is the single most depressing thing I've heard in days. ;) Not pleased.

Oh dear gods, that smells like a carp thas been stuck t' the main sail fer a few days. :blink:

The key is not to go younger... oh please my dear disney, let this rumor hold no water... lest you make the same mistake as with that of my dear Gargoyles and think yer aimed at a young demographic. Such a case would blow up your own ship. Again.

More adult, I say! More adult!!

Yhar! :ph34r:

That is all.

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

Here! Here! Dreamie...

Tis amazin' the rumors that fly around the web about PotC 2. Just hear another one ... similiar to one I have already heard before... about the daughter of Barbossa showing up. :: Runs back to find it.::: Ahhh... here we be:

"I'm sure you've all heard the talk about the POTC sequel and besides

some things i have found others.

The sequel is due out in May of 2005.

(YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

!!!) Also JACK THE MONKEY will be a big part in it. The Abyss is

the very first pirate ship that ever set sail. so I be thinking that

its good. Also, just to clear up some speculation. I don't think that

Barbossa's daughter is in this one. I have news that she is actually

going to be in the 3rd and will only make a short appereance in the

2nd."

Again.. an old rumor.

Not one I truly believe. But... as I have mentioned... if it doesn't come from Iron Bess.. I won't give it a thought. Amazing though how these rumors circulate & with slight changes when I hear them. :lol:

Though... again, I like the idea of the title. Very cool. :P

Huzzah!

:P

Aw gawd!!! By thundah!! That is SOOOOOO.....stupid!!! Even a 10 year old kid would know that the "first pirate ship to set sail" was thousands of years ago, not some specific, "Goonies Galleon" perched on some reef bed in the Caribbean! AAAA!!!

By all that is pyratical...they better not ruin the great thing they began with the first movie.

When will Hollywood dare to show pirates do something besides look for long buried treasure? It's a no brainer that a ship full of gold that's still afloat is FAR easier to capture than a pile of mud covered doubloons in Davey Jones!! :lol:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Iron Bess I have heard that Auditions for potc 2 are going to be in miami and that they are looking for 10-15 yr. old girls to play Jack's niece and Will and Elizabeth's Daughter. Something tells me this isn't ture. Would you like to Clarify? :lol: Thank you

It's hard to have a casting call when the scripts not even finished. No casting calls on are the schedules that have come across my desk. And I see all of them for Bruckheimer.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif