Barbossa's Pistol

LadyBarbossa

I agree with ya, Zorg. I've seen some authentic pistols on display that were excavated from Camden & Cowpens as well as Guilford Courthouse & Yorktown. Some are that size.

Another part that leads me to believe Barbossa was familiar with cavalry life.

The pistol is rather unique, for sure.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, it does look quite huge in that pic. Anyone remember the Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson? Kind of puts ya in mind of the pistol the Joker used towards the end, that long damn thing he pulls out from his pants! lol! :ph34r:

But anyway, Barbossa's gun was longer than Jack's. That pic seems a bit exaggerated, but he still had the bigger gun. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

:lol::P:P

Yes, Jack! Yes we are! :)

Damn Proud of it, too! :P

Now... what does Barbossa have to say about our little adoration of him still? :P Come on.. we KNOW he LOVES the attention. :lol:

:P

Even in this weaken condition I am in at current.... I say we raid his private stockpile of rum & wine again! :lol::lol: We always fill it back up ... :huh:

Robert... I agree with ya there, mate. Again, I like Jack.. interesting character. But ... ::Shrugs painfully::

Yeah.... good point. There were a few pirates who advanced due to voting off & mutiny. Rackham for one.

Plus.... as someone mentioned on a email chat list months ago.... Barbossa is the best villian since Darth Vader! :lol:

:huh:

• 4 weeks later...

WEll this Barbossa says ye can look wherever you like and ye'll see Jack is always smaller! :huh:

I use an English Dragoon pistol .62 calibre. Its about 22 inches from tip to butt. Makes a BIG BOOM B)

Haven't put all the frou frou on it, but if I did it would be a dead ringer for barbossa's movie pistol. Jack... ye saw it last week... good ehh...

We painted the Ga Festival red ehh... Savvey?

Barbossa II

WEll this Barbossa says ye can look wherever you like and ye'll see Jack is always smaller! B)

I use an English Dragoon pistol .62 calibre. Its about 22 inches from tip to butt. Makes a BIG BOOM :huh:

Haven't put all the frou frou on it, but if I did it would be a dead ringer for barbossa's movie pistol. Jack... ye saw it last week... good ehh...

We painted the Ga Festival red ehh... Savvey?

Barbossa II

BARBOSSA!!! (the 2nd one, mind ya'll...) Luv! Good t' have ya aboard th' Pub!!

::searching through private stock:: Parrot Bay is Conner's... ::pondering:: Scupper gets the Guiness... Morgan, good ol' fashion IBC or Sioux City Sarsparilla... ::Still pondering:: MerryD... Jamiesons... Tito a shirt.. Opps... wrong item of necessity here. B)

::pulls out rum::: Well.. I've got Captain Morgan... or some wine from the Amanas! B) As well as the Tsunami "Jack Sparrow" truffles... ::scowers a little more:: TONS of green apples... dumped upon by m' mother... :huh: .. caramel to boot with it... or can borrow MerryD's Nutella. Fantastic stuff..

ANYWAY... welcome aboard!

OOooo... a Dragoon Pistol! Lucky! :: falls & worships at your feet:: Pardon the drilling here, mate... but I'm looking for a good working dragoon pistol already made & not a kit, cause bloody hell knows I will NOT attempt to put it together m'self. How's the quality? Does it fire well? the hammer, does it strike well? Etc... & if it's a bloody good pistol.. WHERE DID YOU GET IT!?

::innocent look with halo above head:: I'm a Dragoon in Lee's Legion (Rev War) ... getting my carbine from my commander.. but thinking about getting 2 dragoon pistols. Which type of Dragoon pistol is it?

Told ya... pardon for the bombarding. :huh: I'm a curious bugger.

Pictures, Barbossa .... would LOVE to see it, luv.

& again... LLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the avatar! :)

As to the comments... B)B)B) We ladies will NOT argue there! We're behind you all the way! B)

B)

::SERIOUS DROOLAGE!:::

B) Super fantastic, luv. Thank ye kindly! Love it! Looks like a fantastic pistol.

Big boom, huh? hehehehe... fantastic! I like to make quite a bit of noise there on the battlefield... whether I am with Lee's or Tarleton's Legion. ::: evil grinz:::

I can see how adding some silver finery will make it appear like the pistol. You having someone do that for ya?

Think they would be willing to "make" more? ::looking as innocent & sweet as possible:::

Right nice. I'm impressed.... :)

Again, thank ye kindly. A far better piece than what I saw from Dixie Gunworks or Track of the Wolf, Inc.... etc.

:huh:

PS - :: elegantly bows deeply:: again, likewise. B)

Thank ye for the info & recommendation. Much appreciated.

Also, went to a gun show today in hopes to find a cheap replica pistol - with no luck - but found an antique pistol.

The dealer thought it was a 1700's flintlock Turkish pistol. A lovely piece. Obviously old looking. $575 for it. Needs frizzen spring replaced. Not sure whatelse needs to be replaced. He says that with the replaced frizzen spring would make it a working pistol.

I've no picture of it. It's a rather large pistol. & I can see now how some of you gents were talking earlier that Barbossa's pistol could have been Turkish.

If anyone may be interested in the pistol or want to inquire about it... contact Robert Harris @ 1(563)873-3067 or email at highcountry99@mchsi.com

Good luck. & to whoever buys it... it makes for one nice piece if you want to use it only for a non-firing prop weapon.

B)