If you were there

Capt. Flint

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

Just a thot... 'ow 'bout an class IIIA Bullet proof vest with trauma plate?

Methinks it would be quite handy... tho not so handy against stabbing n' slashin'... But hey....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Another thot, or two...

Breath mints?

A truckload of snickers bars? (satisfying, light, filling, goes well with rum...)

:ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Snickers... snickers......"lol" The only problem I can see with that is you are only allowed to take ONE. Think of the uproar you would have when that is gone and you cannot produce another. Otherwise, that would be a really great idea.

As far as the aircraft carrier goes.... well I know there is a problem there with the one rule somewhere; I just can't find it yet. I like the way you think Pirate Munkee............ The Capt.

Snickers... snickers......"lol" The only problem I can see with that is you are only allowed to take ONE. Think of the uproar you would have when that is gone and you cannot produce another. Otherwise, that would be a really great idea.

As far as the aircraft carrier goes.... well I know there is a problem there with the one rule somewhere; I just can't find it yet. I like the way you think Pirate Munkee............ The Capt.

I thought about it too. Without the planes or equipment to maintain them or the equipment that doesn't belong to the ship everything is fine. Everything else, the engines, radar (even though it wouldn't work) even down to the stoves, beds, tables, etc. are part of the ship thus being ONE thing, the ship. Nuclear power so you won't have to worry about fuel and there is plenty of sea water to keep the thing cool. Bang, the ulimate Pirate vessel. Imagine the terror we would strike coming into some unsuspecting port with that thing sporting our colors. Mwahahaha :ph34r:

Hmmmm... that there Aircraft carrier idea... great fer takin' ships at sea, takin' a sea port? Hmmm... what's the draft o' them things? ye'd never be able ta get close enough.... Now a battleship like the Missouri (the main guns can use BP) that would have th' cannon range ta bombard a port...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Hmmmm... that there Aircraft carrier idea... great fer takin' ships at sea, takin' a sea port? Hmmm... what's the draft o' them things? ye'd never be able ta get close enough.... Now a battleship like the Missouri (the main guns can use BP) that would have th' cannon range ta bombard a port...

Problem with that is the ammo for the big guns aren't part of the ship thus would be considered 2 items. Hell, I like the destroyer idea myself. The big guns alone is enough of a scare tactic to freak any unsuspecting captain or port.

Taking a sea port with a carrier would be great. Big enough to block off a harbor. Huge enough to have enough pirate living on it for a pretty huge landing force. enough deck space for an arsenal of cannons. And if that doesn't work, drain the water cooling the nuclear reactors and wait for a meltdown then BOOOM. Scuttle the ship and you scuttle the entire caribbean. :ph34r:

.....wait for meltdown and boom.... scuttle the ship, then scuttle the town... Even I would say that is going a bit far. The entire idea of adventure and plunder, is to have a place to do it and stuff to plunder.

Dorion, I was thinking the exact same thing today. Your fine in the open sea, but, forget about ever getting close to port........ Now you could turn the entire thing into a sort of floating pirate paradise town. Sort of a floating port royal. .... I like the idea of that anyway........ The Capt.

:D

.....wait for meltdown and boom.... scuttle the ship, then scuttle the town... Even I would say that is going a bit far. The entire idea of adventure and plunder, is to have a place to do it and stuff to plunder.

Dorion, I was thinking the exact same thing today. Your fine in the open sea, but, forget about ever getting close to port........ Now you could turn the entire thing into a sort of floating pirate paradise town. Sort of a floating port royal. .... I like the idea of that anyway........ The Capt.

:D

Ahhhh, But put yourself in Edward Teach's shoes. If you knew you were about to get caught and you knew you were going to die...how many people would you want to take with you?

Hmmmm Floating Pirate Paradise with a carrier. That might work even better.

I'd bring my horse.

Your horse, you say? Horses were abound back then.

Not this horse. :)

They didn't make them as big as mine back then! He's 18.3 hands and 2000 lbs. of coal black charging muscle. Course, I'd have to re-enforce the flooring on the ship to make sure he didn't fall through...

If not him, then I'd probably bring a lighter.

B)

Oh sure you could bring penicillin! You just powder it and blow it up yer nose.. or sharpen the hell out of a reed and add water.... nobody said it would be pleasant, but it's that or something that just ain't gonna go away otherwise???

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

A worldwide history book encompassing that era. I'd like to know where NOT to be when plagues and civil wars break out and where TO be when the fun stuff happened...I'd be history (so to speak).

Black Pearl

"A dagger in the hand is worth two in the scabbard"

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine

:) I was just sittin ere thinkin that if I were to be able to take somat back with me I figured it would have to be a good reliable wind up chronometer that ways I would be able to figure out my longitude rather than relying on the glass to keep me hours. Waterproof of course.. ;)

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

• 2 weeks later...
Not something that would get you branded as a witch.

I'd take my big black conical witch hat loaded with explosives. Sorta like the shoe bomber...only I'd be the hat bomber. Once they strapped me to the stake and lit the fire...well, you know.

Maybe they would think twice before they burned another human being for being a witch. Which was really just an excuse to control the $$$$$$.

Ahoy Mateys! :(

I be takin' a Lighter too....remember the movie Cast Away...???

I mean...even the dumbest of people could learn to fend fer themselves when it comes to food an wipin' yer backside an all...But Fire.....ye could clense many a thing with fire...in many ways...no Pyrate in thar right mind could go without fire.....especially if'n yer stranded!!!

Fair winds,

DEADLY DRUCILLA

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Drucilla.... Read the entire post. It says that you are only allowed one item. So you get the lighter, but, not the fluid. If you want to play it out though; if you take a filled lighter back, I bet anything it would get you killed for being a witch. Not to mention, what do you do once the fluid runs out. Good answer though....... The Capt.