Fictional Pyrate Literature

KindheartedKylie

I enjoyed "The Guardship" immensely. I ain't 'ad a chance ta read the other two yet, but I'm sure I'll like them just as much. I also need to get on the Jack Aubrey cannon as my cusin got me "Master and Commander" and "The Far Side of the World" for x-mas. There are actually several books between the two, but I'll see if that affects my enjoyment of the story. Not bloody likely.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

The Curse of Treasure Island (sequel) by Francis Bryan

I actually read this one and to my immense surprise it was far too bleak/violent for me. I eat Stephen King books for breakfast but this one made me go 'E-ew-w'. There was really no point where I was enjoying it.

I read 'Captain Blood' and 'The Black Swan' back to back and liked both of them but Captain Blood was much, much, better. Arabella was a better damsel. Blood was a better pirate. More actual pirating. Good stuff.

Just started "Porto Bello Gold" by Howden-Smith... if you liked "Treasure Island", read this one... written in a similar style to RLS, with many of the same characters as "Treasure Island"... good read...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."