Cannon for sale

Is #12 perhaps a large caliber multibarrel?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I have a book at home (which I'll have to look at again to night) with a diagram for a flintlock repeating fire arm operating a similar principle as the Gatling gun! Apparently it was deemed impractical.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 9 months later...

I think he said the price be startin' at 900 yankees ;)

I have the same cannon as that naval brass right by the swivel... if'n we could afford it, the iron one fer sale'd be a nice addition to our ship's armaments, but alas, 'tis not to be. :lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

How musch pieces of 8 are ye asking fer that weapon

Ol Jack, Make an offer. I just got a new brass swabbing brush, and made a slug for making aluminum foil cartriges, which I throw into the deal.

Its a good cannon, very impressive in stature and would be a fine addition to any crew. Shipping the tube would be easy, just wrap it in paper and out she goes ( not much is going to damage it in transit) THe carriage will need a crate of sorts, which I can make , no charge - ah it's good to be the boss, sometimes, and my staff is well familiar with my oddball requests at times.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

• 4 weeks later...