Cannon for sale

We be thinking of selling of one o' our cannon. Greystar cast iron tube, with 1/4" steel liner, on wood carriage, with bronze trunion caps. Bore is 1-1/2" and the barrel is 32" long. Wheels are cast iron, with needle bearings. The whole thing weighs in the neighborhood of 100 lb or so. It is the one in the back in the photo below. I personally filed off all the casting parting lines from the barrel and drilled the touch hole. She speaks well and with the steel sleeve, can fire a ball, though we have not done so.

Offers? I MAY be able to comp the buyer for shipping, in the USA.

email me... wrench13@aol.com

cannons.jpg

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Howdydoo Gunner, it's in the neighborhood of 900 of them Yanque dollars I be be thinkin'. BTW the weight is more like 140 lbs. What woud I be doing with such a windfall? Hmmm, that brass 'buss be a good possibility! ( or paying fer the house insurance :-( )

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

that might be doable capt. as soon as i get another from my wholesaler ....let's just say that the last couple of events have been pretty good to me ...sold the 8 blunderbusses that i had in stock ....should have more within the month ...i'll keep you posted :ph34r::o:ph34r::ph34r:

Captain!? How could ye form such a thought in yer mind as to sell her?! The Death Knell be a member of our crew as much as anyone of us, an ye thought to do it discretely is the last nail in the casket. Express yer ideas to those of us what follow ye if'n ye plan to arrange an accord like this in the future, I request humbly of course.

I would . . .

But the wife would KILL ME with it!

So would the town mayor, who lives DIRECTLY behind me.

I'd be twice deid!

(BUT, It would be OH SO FUN to aim it (with LIVE ammo) at the MAYOR'S YELPING AND BARKING MUTTS, I mean DOGS!!!!!)

;):huh::huh::huh:

:lol:

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Love to, but with getting married in a little over two months, as well as the fact that I doubt you'd comp shipping to Alaska, I just don't see it as feasable right now. She's a beauty, though.

Coastie :blink:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Living right by the mayor? Lucky you, have you ever had to ask for a pardon?

Hell with the pardon, ask for a Letter of Marque!!!

Coastie :angry:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If I was starting out a collection of cannon.,I would grab it., you bet.

It is that jr size that still makes a BIG BOOM and yet is still portable enough for a few sailors to move. Its a great catch for someone.

But.., I am pretty much done finally with the aquisitioning part of being a collector.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Nope ., not a wooden pattern I believe it was this magnificent piece.

Thundermug02.jpg

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Dam, all too well do I remember that piece! Scallywag! I guess it musta been some one else who got the cannon pattern. It was a really nice one too, with a core and all for casting ... be a shame if it wound up in some friggin bar as a decoration.

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Yes and no "Bloody" Bill Marley . its actually called a "Thunder-Mug" .

Primarily these were used by the Alchemist as a powder tester ., with that said however they were also used as short range mini - cannons. You can see a few Thundermugs here as well as a few other fun items, Handgonnes., Matchlocks ., Arquebuss .,ect.,ect.,

Also notice the .50 caliber Boarding Axe !!! and Yes we are working on a few of them as well.

Axe004.jpg

Yes and no "Bloody" Bill Marley . its actually called a "Thunder-Mug" .

Primarily these were used by the Alchemist as a powder tester ., with that said however they were also used as short range mini - cannons. You can see a few Thundermugs here as well as a few other fun items, Handgonnes., Matchlocks ., Arquebuss .,ect.,ect.,

Also notice the .50 caliber Boarding Axe !!! and Yes we are working on a few of them as well.

Axe004.jpg

For the oblivious, the Thundermug is being fired on the bottom right by the guy numbered as 1.

The other ones are VERY interesting too.

What is the source of that illustration?

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I cant give you that info at the moment Wages . My cannon maker friend "Wes" is currently unavailable., But i will try to find out when I see him., i believe its his book. Here is what we have so far for the Axe.

Axe002.jpg

Any idea what No # 12 is ?