Patterns...

Zephyr

For me wench's costume, Butterick P380 pattern did fine. The entire pattern for the dress, vest, and skirt had only 9 pieces. Fer me captain's costume, we used Simplicity 5958 (view A) for the jacket and pants with some minor changes. Both worked out really well. In fact, caught the Butterick pattern on sale at JoAnn's fabric store for 99 cents -- normal price is $16. Wish ye luck!!!!!!

Ye might be wantin' to look at McCall's Pattern 2258 also. Colonial style garb, and lately I've just finished the coat. Just need to trim it out. Another suggestion I would have, would be to not get yourself stuck into the mind set of JoAnn's Fabric or any other fabric retailer. Explore even the upholstery geared stores. I spent a fraction of the cost at a local store known as Econo Sales, that has hundreds of thick materials, and lots of muslin. The sewing of the pattern was simple. When in doubt....pin, and check. I did almost sew a cuff on backwards. :lol:

Captain of The Morrighan.

Folkware

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Check out these people. Great patterns, well documented and they have sailors slops and gunners jackets.

http://www.kannikskorner.com/home.htm

Also, for the lasses, check out this bodice generator

http://costume.dm.net/custompat/index.html

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

For bodices try www.livelydjs.com/cc she's is my ex and one of the best seamstresses you'll find. We redesigned them to increase cup size by two cups, decrease the waiste by two to three inches but you can still breath, move, ride and fight in them. This is a "biker" site but you pick the material you want "as long as it isn't a two way stretch".

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

For pyrate wenches that wear skirts as opposed to breeches, the McCalls pattern #4090 is right tasty!

Also, if ye want patterns for everyone, lads as well as lasses, check out

www.alteryears.com

They don't have their complete selection online, but I think ye can order a cataloge... and a lot of their Renaissance garb can be turned pyrate with a few choice flares.

--Mab

Prepare to be boarded!