Nor Cal Pirate Fest!!!

Ace of Harbor Bay

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In Vallejo, CA

On the water and accessible by ferry from S.F.

Should be an absolute blast as this area has been starving for this type of event.

I'll be performing main stage and children's stage shows with the Pirates of Harbor Bay. As well as an encampment and booth.

The Sea Dogs (amazing musicians) will be providing much entertainment

Skip Henderson and the Starboard Watch and many others

Vendors galore

More info:

http://www.norcalpiratefestival.com/

• 1 month later...

If it was someplace other than the heart of San Fran, I'd probably go, but the two times I've been in Frisco, I got real bad confinement situations - I can't stand to be in cities that are full of tall buildings, freaks me out. :ph34r:

Ace you know I'd love to come, but claustrophobia of San Fran, just makes me shiver my timbers. Doesn't matter it may not be in San Fran proper, (I've been to that park, and it's horribly windy---good for kites) just the thought of going there does a head trip on me. Sorry, but have fun!

:lol:   :P

In Vallejo, CA

On the water and accessible by ferry from S.F.

Should be an absolute blast as this area has been starving for this type of event.

http://www.norcalpiratefestival.com/

Aye Ace,

We be starvin indeed fer some good entertainment and tourist gold.

I hopes to be vending and will certainly be thar bein that this be thar port I call home these days.

PiratesRum.jpg

Ace you know I'd love to come, but claustrophobia of San Fran, just makes me shiver my timbers. Doesn't matter it may not be in San Fran proper, (I've been to that park, and it's horribly windy---good for kites) just the thought of going there does a head trip on me. Sorry, but have fun!

Aye Lass,

This is the 1st Pirate Fest in Vallejo and we needs all the help we can get! :lol:

When I'm in port I'm just walkin distance to the water from me 112 year old Queen Anne Victorian. My weather forcaster is currently showing the temps in mid-70's for the next 10 days, winds, if any are mild.

This here town be in desperate needs of revitalization, (big word for a pirate I know!).

We need you, your support and your encouraging others to go!

Otherwise this will likely be the 1st and the last Pirate festival in Vallejo.

And the death of any Pirate Festival brings all closer to a watery grave!

Come2Skull.gif

B)

ARRR! Twill be a fyne thing indeed! I be lookin' forward ter seein' all ye scurvy dogs once again! I hear many o' you have been seein' me on the Pirate Fest promotional materials. What?!?

YE HAVEN'T!?!

Just ter be on the safe side... I better warn ye...I won't be me old self at NCPF. I be the guildmaster of The Scavengers...we be cannibalistic lunatics touched in the head by the horrors of the sea. Come and see me (I'll be the one with Maori tattoos on me face) and I'll tell you yer future!

Anyhoo! SEE YOU THAR! B)

The Poster

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

I just read a list of the rules .....

I will be going, but if there is any hasstle, I'm packing up my stuff and will be outta there in a heartbeat........

I think the fire marshal will be killing this event befor it even has a chance to grow.......

Kind of a shame..... because we need a good event in Northern California......

Outta fairness, I may be over-reacting... so I'll keep everyone posted how it all turns out...........

ello patrick

Ill be there as well wit me first mate Victoria the pirate. im sure its all for saftey you might just be over reacting alittle hopefuly its not over kill on everything that would be bad yes the north does needs a good festival. And we will just have to wait and see what happens. go with the tide mate go with the tide

Ol Jack :lol:

I just read a list of the rules .....

I will be going, but if there is any hasstle, I'm packing up my stuff and will be outta there in a heartbeat........

I think the fire marshal will be killing this event befor it even has a chance to grow.......

Kind of a shame..... because we need a good event in Northern California......

Outta fairness, I may be over-reacting...  so I'll keep everyone posted how it all turns out...........

With more information on my side I have to agree with Patrick. The organizers were the ones who killed it for me already!

I've never been to an event yet where the VENDORS had to jump through so many hoops and rules AND PAY $500 TO VEND!!!!! :lol:

Basicly the vendors are paying to put on the event! ;)

THAT BLOWS!!! ;)

I'll be checking it out, won't be selling and it may be here "annually" for ONE time!

A lot of the stuff the vendors are going through is due to it being a brand new event and in a new location. So it's gonna be a little bunged up at first

The thought of having it be vendor supported was to be able to keep if free to the public and easily accessible for the first year.

It may change in the future I am guessing.

But it's important to get it off the ground to begin with. At least someone stepped up. We finally have a local devoted festival!

Well it turned out to be cool after all.....

It was really windy Friday night and on Saturday.... (and wearing a cocked hat, my face got sunburned....)

On Sunday the wind died down to a nice breaze....

Because there was no entrance fee, there were a lot of people there...

We were close enough to the stage to hear all the good music...

The "Sea Battle" on Saturday had more cannons than on Sunday.... I had a difficult time getting my doglock to fire in the heavy wind (I'm going to re-harden the frizzen tonight) but it worked better on Sunday....

Because we wern't suppost to bring any off site alchohol, :ph34r: it was really quiet for a bunch Pyrates on Saturday night

I figure that sence this was thiere First Pyrate Festivale, next year should be better......

And of course I didn't take any pictures..... so someone else will have to post some....

It was indeed an EXTREMELY successful event!

For a first year event it was very well organized and flowed smoothly.

Not to mention that they would have been happy with 5,000 patrons between the two days they ended up with 15,000 EACH day!

yet, it never seemed too conjested or like there wasn't something to do. It was a very cool family enviroment too. there were TONS of kids, many dressed up.

The Pirates of Harbor Bay's area was never empty. We had a nonstop flow of patrons posing for pictures with us and our props every minute we were not on stage.

We had 4 stage shows a day and on the main stage (with wonderful pirate shipwreck backdrop) with audineces in the thousands. Saturday was SO windy that we ended up modifying most of our acts and had to drop juggling all together except for the cannon ball juggling (bowling ball).

All the entertainment was fantastic and all the performers had a great time backstage between shows.

Tom Lewis is both very entertaining but also a genuinely nice guy

The cast members in attendance from the films (like Barbossa's Bos'un) were a fun group of guys and really patient with the masses of crowds wanting pictures and autographs.

:lol: Aye Capt'n Jack Sparribs

it was indeed a great event i loved every minute of it, loved your show with bowling ball bit and yer monkey. me and my love victoria must have at least been in a dosen photos from patrons even be for we stepped foot on the site, people where coming up to us asking questions wanting our pictures taken with there kids and what not. i believed that was the most fun i've had. I hope they have one next year. I will return

Huzzah! I'm glad to hear yer event went off with a bang! I will certainly have to consider this event for me calendar next year. I have to plan ahead as I have to travel as the bird flies for these West coast events.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

:lol: This war definately one of the most fun events I've been to since I went on the account...Really seemed well organized....My god, what a professional stage set infront of the Pirates of Emerson's ship....Lots of food vendors,Great entertainment, and what an artillery demonstration on Saturday....We literally rocked the dock with our shore battery....The wind was Hell, but It was really nice to not have to share with the Rennies....All Pirate,All the time.........Arghhh, now that's the stuff dreams are made on.....Iron Hand :lol:
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins