POTC At World's End Event

Jacky Tar

We're off to Miami to attend. Woo hoo!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Fair winds be to those who is a goin'.

Jacky, mayhaps someone in the center 'o the universe be settin' up a Pyracy Pub POTC3 movie raid? Someplace where they be acceptin' cash on the barrelhead :huh:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Well, Shaelyn and myself won't be attending the one for the Philly area afterall. She's not feelin' that good at all and extremely sleep deprived. Ah well....will just have to wait til tomorrow (oh the horror! :rolleyes: )

Everyone else let those of us stuck behind know how it was! B):lol:

I entertained at the SF event yesterday. Unfortunately, they had a lot of stuff going on in SF that day, so it was very difficult to get to the theatre. We made it, though, and I got to see the trailer three times! And those of us who attended got gift packs consisting of some artwork, a bandana that replicated the one Johnny Depp wore as Captain Jack Sparrow and a beta version of the new POTC game! Tales of the Seven Seas whipped the crowd into a piratical frenzy and we had contests, swordfights, sea chanteys and Marty Klebba!

All I can say about the trailer is it was incredible. I'm guessing it's on YouTube by now or soon will be. At any rate, POTC3 is going to be amazing!

RHJMap.jpg

Aye, attended wit' me youngest the event in Hollywood. There were pirates everywhere, an a troop dancin' an singin', in front o' the theatre.

Orlando Bloom was present, an thanked the fans fer their support. They ran the trailer twice at the end o' our feature. We also, had guest appearances from the monkey (Jack) an the dog, wit' their trainers.

The swag bags were odd, almost like an after thought. Contents same as those in San Francisco. Thought the bags could have had POTC on 'em, an mayhaps movie related mini-posters or such.

The trailer was good, an I'm sure the movie will be a big hit in May.

I forwarded this event to a couple of my friends and they went to the Hollywood event. They said the peeps were dressed in their garb everywhere and saw very elaborate wardrobes as well. They had goodie bags and Orlando was a big hit! They said there were reporters everywhere. My girlfriend said they snapped up her little daughter for an interview and of course my two g/f's got to chime in as well. Glad it was fun!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Aye, I made it to the Phoenix event with me arm in a splint. They had a fencing demonstration and me and me mate took up arms with an inpromptu stage combat exercise.

At our event, they gave the same swag but had hidden treasure maps under certain seats in the event. Some of the patrons walked away with nicer swag such as Master Replica's Jack Sparrow Flintlock. I guess this is what we get for not having a representative from the film. :ph34r:

Alas, I do believe it was a last minute event and overall I'd get it an "AYE" for effort.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Sorry, luv. We had the celebrity and give aways. They handed out raffle tickets on the way in, an called out numbers durin' the program. Didn't hear anyone yell I got it, an prizes were t' be claimed after the program, so no one came up on stage t' stake their claim.

Aye, the pistol looked like the prize o' the night! Or bein' immortized by havin' yer name hidden on the future DVD release... Nay, the pistol fer sure.

I will say the ladies next me loved Orlando Bloom. One said, "Don't ye just want t' kiss him again and again." To which I replied, "No, not really!" She laughed and went on gushin' 'bout 'em.

Cheers went up everytime Captain Jack Sparrow's picture went up on the screen. Barbossa received his share o' cheers too. So, I must say POTC Fans were happy t' be there, and showed it!

Stuck way away from any of th' festivities... as th' closest event would have been at least 4 hours from me... too far and I was sick anyway.

But... here be somethin' from a fellow pirate who attended the Chicago event:

Here's a quick post i put up on a few groups about today's event.

Well, my sister and I attended the Chicago event today. It was fantastic! I convinced her to dress up so when we arrived, we were whisked past the crowds at the entrance and checked in immediately. From there, we went to the lobby area where a TV crew was taping everyone that was in pirate garb for “Good Morning America” (at least that is what we were told it was for as ABC was the sponsor for the event).

After that, we headed to the theater to select our seats. About 4:00 pm, they announced our special guest – Lee Arenberg (Pintel). He spoke for a few minutes then made himself available for photographs and autographs. I got my photo taken with him and I have to say he was very gracious to all the fans there.

While we were waiting for the movies to start, had a chance to look through our gift packet. They gave each person a limited edition numbered lithograph for the POTC online game. Beautiful piece! Also included is a cd-rom “Test Pass” to access the beta version of the game.

While we were waiting for the movie and trailer, they held 2 costume contests. One for their employee/wait-staff and a second for those of us attending. Captain Hook won the employee contest (Judged by audience applause). Mr. Arenberg judged the rest of us. I was delighted he selected a young girl over all the adults, including an awesome Jack Sparrow (Toby Markham for those who know him). The grand prize is an “Easter Egg” on the upcoming dvd for the new movie so I think he selected a wonderful winner!

A little after 5:00 pm they started the movies. It had a special introduction with Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Gore Verbinski. They obviously showed “Curse of the Black Pearl” first. It was great seeing it on the big screen again! Then followed the event we’d all been waiting for – the trailer for “At World’s End”.

The trailer is fabulous! Some great lines from Captain Sparrow and gorgeous scenes from the upcoming movie. Made everyone anxious for May 25th to come!

Sounded like a barrel of fun!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It appears me crew stole the spotlight on the local news, except for Capt. Blackheart (no relation). He's from the Corsairs. The pirates in the video are myself, Cutthroat Ruby aka Knotty Jenny, Jack2 aka Jade the Ripper and Capt. Jack Welch.

Phoenix POTC Fan event news video

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.