Roll Call 2007

William Brand

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Pat. You're right. I was already having a hard time justifying a 23 hour drive to set up shop at PIP when I haven't heard encouraging things about the market for my stuff there. But now that RF-E is the same weekend and only two hours away, my decision is made. As Blackjohn said, as someone who sells to reenactors from the 14th through 18th centuries, a multi-period reenactors' market is a more appropriate place for me, even if I'm jonesing to get back to Key West and meet you guys.

The time will come. Of that I'm sure. It's just not in the cards for 2007.

Or we could have an amazing summer and send a "team" to RF-E AND PiP. Wouldn't that be a dream come true! :lol:

If anyone else wants to set up a coffeehouse at PiP, I would be happy to share my information on 1690s coffehouses and give advice on what you can do to replicate one on-site. Once the Spring rush calms down, I'll be writing some articles about coffeehouses for my website. And since I'll be doing the coffeehouse at MTT in Maryland in April, there will be pictures too. So please anyone feel free to use these things and do a coffeehouse at PiP!

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Oh! Old Man, I would LOVE that...

:lol:

Stop it, you guys! You're making me want to clone myself...

Hmm... I wonder if the boys would notice if I sent them off to RF-E while I sereptiously hopped a plane for points South... :blink:

It's just not in the cards for 2007.

:blink:

So much for my dreams of bein' in a "Press Gang" rounding up "Recruits" in bad garb for a forced refit at Kass's

That's a great idea - we could do an Extreme Makeover, pirate style. Take a trashy Hollywood wannabe and convert them into the perfect period rogue or lass.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Guys! You're gonna have to stop coming up with these good ideas! :P

Hey Blackjohn, how much do you think I could get for Kass clones? And do you think the Indians would repop them cheap for me? :lol:

Hey Blackjohn, how much do you think I could get for Kass clones? And do you think the Indians would repop them cheap for me? :blink:

Blackjohn, having gone Terminator style through a drop down list of choices in that little computer in his mind's eye, decides the only correct answer is...

A Buck-an-ear!

;)

Ok, thread hijack. Sorry guys. I will retire to my kitchen, where I shall make a cup of coffee in my French press...

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday I have the cash in hand for my ticket! It's all hidden in my sock drawer and everything so it won't get spent on bills in between now & then either. Yippie!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

As of yesterday I have the cash in hand for my ticket! It's all hidden in my sock drawer and everything so it won't get spent on bills in between now & then either. Yippie!

Very good news. I look forward to the time four or five months from now when the list becomes gradually more permanent.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A shot in the dark!

But I actually have Nov 30th, Dec 1st and 2nd off????? :rolleyes:

Now if possible I might try to fight for the 29th and the 3rd...

Tickets as mentioned are about 2 bills eh????

What's the scoop on traveling with blades and boomers??? <_<

I know our Mad Dog did it for Lockhouse.....

Like I said, just a shot in the dark :rolleyes:

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Cap'n John and I will be heading down for sure.. but we haven't any concrete plans as to where we will be staying as yet..

I'm still hoping to be a vendor this year.. but won't know until Harry gets back to me in the summer...

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

Tell Harry that the Pyrates of the Coast crewe, Diosa and Hurricane will be customers. I think our entire crewe will be in line for our logo to be put upon us... If he still balks, send him our way for convincin...

Looking forward to seeing you there.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

What's the scoop on traveling with blades and boomers???

You can go to the TSA web site, and get all the information....

Interestingly enough.. I think that after posting about how to fly with weapons and guns.... I got picked-up on one of "thier" list...... No big deal.... but they had to check on a "special list" and then sent me through the chemical sniffer....

"OH NO..... I'm a marked Pyrate........"

Outta faireness, they are just doing thier job..... and I'll probably get on that list again this year......

You can do it.... but all weapons have to be in checked baggage, swords have to be safe for the airline baggage handlers to... well... handle....

Guns, must also be in checked baggage, in a locked hard case....and you have to sign a paper saying that they are unloaded...

You can't fly with powder tho.... So we'll have to pre-arrange for someone that is driving to get some.......

This stuff changes.... but just look-up TSA page, and you can get all the official info....

Cool.... I did bookmark the page.....

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/pro...ited-items.shtm

Tell Harry that the Pyrates of the Coast crewe, Diosa and Hurricane will be customers. I think our entire crewe will be in line for our logo to be put upon us... If he still balks, send him our way for convincin...

Looking forward to seeing you there.

-- Hurricane

awww.. shiver me timbers.. Hurricane...

*blushin pyrate here*

I shall inform Harry that yarr entire crewe will be wanting the mark..

and if ya be lettin me know how many there be.. i shall offer yarr me crewe discount.... B)

xoxox

~QM Seika Hellbound~

piratepenguins.gif

I could try to boost the numbers but I think my own crewe is tentatively at 13 now. Can't keep the chattel away...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

so far there is only Cap'n John and I.. but we may be able to commander Cap't Bedlam and his lady to join our crewe.. so that would put us at a grand total of 4... :lol:

~QM Seika Hellbound~

piratepenguins.gif

Ahoy Mates,

The Crewe of the Sacred Heart a.k.a. the Callahan's will be sailing in from Indiana for another fine Festival at the Fort. We are in the process of figuring out vacation time and $$ of course, but Tony and I will definately be there for more photos and fun! Wouldn't miss it for the world. We will be coming in early, and we would be happy to help with set up etc. Hope you all have enjoyed the pictures on our website. If you missed them, it is: callahandigitalart.com

See ya in November! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonderful!

By the way, I never got my CD/DVD of all the photos. Sent you the money, but never got the disk...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny